Home
NBA Live 14 News Post

EA Sports has added the Brooklyn Nets and Miami Heat nickname jerseys for NBA Live 14. You can't select the nickname jersey by themselves, but they are active when you play tonight's matchup, from Tip-Off mode.

UPDATE: According to jyoung, the names carry into NBA Live Ultimate Team as well.

There are a few nicknames that didn't make the cut. Andrei Kirilenko, Shaun Livingston and Mirza Teletovic have their regular last name.

Other players including Tyshawn Taylor, Tornike Shengelia, Brook Lopez, Greg Oden, Roger Mason Jr. and Rashard Lewis are not on the Live 14 active roster for their respective team.

Below are the official nicknames of the players in tonight's game.

Brooklyn Nets
  • Andray Blatche: Dray Live
  • Andrei Kirilenko: Кириленко
  • Alan Anderson: Double
  • Brook Lopez: Brooklyn
  • Deron Williams: D-Will
  • Jason Terry: JET
  • Joe Johnson: JJ
  • Kevin Garnett: The Big Ticket
  • Mason Plumlee: Plums
  • Mirza Teletovic: MT3
  • Paul Pierce: Truth
  • Reggie Evans: Joker
  • Shaun Livingston: S Dot
  • Tornike Shengelia: Tokomotiv
  • Tyshawn Taylor: Tee_Y
Miami Heat
  • Ray Allen: J. Shuttlesworth
  • Chris Andersen: Birdman
  • Joel Anthony: Doc
  • Shane Battier: Battle
  • Michael Beasley: B Easy
  • Chris Bosh: CB
  • Mario Chalmers: Rio
  • Norris Cole: Cole Train
  • Udonis Haslem: UD
  • LeBron James: King James
  • James Jones: JJ
  • Rashard Lewis: Sweet Lew
  • Roger Mason Jr.: Moneymase
  • Greg Oden: G.O.
  • Dwyane Wade: D. Wade
Written by: Steve Noah

NBA Live 14 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NBA Live 14Reader Score: 4/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
NBA Live 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 The 24th Letter @ 01/10/14 10:03 PM
Pretty cool if I do say so myself

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk

# 2 jyoung @ 01/10/14 10:09 PM
Looks like the names carry over into Ultimate Team as well:

# 3 DonWuan @ 01/10/14 10:14 PM
I call Bull$iit Steve.

No matter what you think of the game, that's some cool stuff. Jesus Shuttleworth going to be on the cover of Live in He got Game 2

Sent from my M353 using Tapatalk

# 4 Steve_OS @ 01/10/14 10:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonWuan
I call Bull$iit Steve.

No matter what you think of the game, that's some cool stuff. Jesus Shuttleworth going to be on the cover of Live in He got Game 2

Sent from my M353 using Tapatalk
Call it on what? You lost me.

# 5 Daddy123 @ 01/10/14 11:02 PM
meanwhile @2k the knicks orange jerseys still haven't been added

# 6 The 24th Letter @ 01/10/14 11:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
Call it on what? You lost me.
Dont you DARE post information! Who do you think you are?

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk

# 7 thatdudetoo @ 01/11/14 01:23 AM
I thought this was the dumbest thing EA could think of until I found out they're actually doing this in real life. lol
So, my note to the NBA, "I think this is the dum....."

# 8 ven0m43 @ 01/11/14 01:33 PM
This was a terrible idea by the NBA. Hopefully this was the first and last time it will be done. The game its self was a really good game to watch. Thankfully the announcers didn't call them by their dumb nicknames.

# 9 al2k4 @ 01/11/14 01:42 PM
Isn't Wade flash?

# 10 RipCityAndy @ 01/11/14 10:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxJustAguessxX
No copyright issues with DC comics
False. Where did you read that?

# 11 WTF @ 01/11/14 10:32 PM
I'm ready for these to be gone, or at least selectable. I don't want King James and D-Wade running around in my game anymore.

# 12 BiggD @ 01/12/14 05:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
I'm ready for these to be gone, or at least selectable. I don't want King James and D-Wade running around in my game anymore.
I know what you mean, posted this on the other thread but I'll say it again, played a rewind game of Knicks and heat and the heat had all nicknames... Cool gimmick but once is enough (and especially in my video game)

# 13 El_Poopador @ 01/12/14 12:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
the problem is that they just replaced the names on the default jerseys instead of either giving us an option of which names to use or adding new jerseys with the nicknames. i started a dynasty with the cavs and the first game against the nets had the nicknames.

# 14 nick_sr @ 01/12/14 01:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
ye we shoukd have the option to pick them when we want

# 15 RipCityAndy @ 01/13/14 10:57 AM
Quote:
Espn............
Very weird... single words and short phrases can't be copyrighted.

# 16 The 24th Letter @ 01/13/14 11:08 AM
I am pretty sure that isnt the case.

For one he doesnt want to be called "Flash" anymore, said that a good while ago, and quite frankly it not really accurate any more.

but Flash be copyrighted and not "Joker" "Birdman" and most of all "King James"? I find that hard to believe.

# 17 blackceasar @ 01/13/14 02:31 PM
This is cool and all but you know what would be cooler? Actually making the game itself better. #justsaying

# 18 The 24th Letter @ 01/13/14 08:01 PM
Quote:
Hey man look it up, I wouldn't come on here and make it up. I'm just reporting what ESPn said, it makes sense. I'm nobody tho so believe what ya want.

Simmer down.

Not calling you a liar, and I could be totally off base...but I did actually look it up and couldn't find it...though it wasn't the deepest of searches..

# 19 Fiddy @ 01/14/14 04:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Simmer down.

Not calling you a liar, and I could be totally off base...but I did actually look it up and couldn't find it...though it wasn't the deepest of searches..
i did a half azz search, it was the first link under my search.

"Q: Why wasn't Dwyane Wade's jersey nickname "Flash"? Does he really hate it that much? -- Chris, Valparaiso, Indiana.

A: It had nothing to do with Wade's preference in the NBA's "Name Collection" that was unveiled Friday in Brooklyn (with Wade's uniform having to wait until he is back in action). It has to do with copyright issues, in this case the very character that Shaquille O'Neal initially compared Wade to. Basically, that choice was off limits. It's why Mario Chalmers' could not wear a "Super Mario" jersey this season, as well as why Shane Battier couldn't wear his preferred "Batman" jersey."

Ira Winderman, SunSentinel.com

http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/201...sh-dwyane-wade

# 20 blackngoldfan @ 01/15/14 04:41 AM
Wade now calls himself W.O.W.(Way of Wade). Pretty weak. http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-...awful-nickname

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.