Home
EA Sports UFC News Post

EA Sports has just released a new EA Sports UFC screenshot of Costas Philippou. More screenshots of other athletes in the game will be released in the coming weeks, prior to the Spring 2014 release for Xbox One and PS4.

Your thoughts?

Previously released screenshots below.

Game: EA Sports UFCReader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 7 - View All
EA Sports UFC Videos
Member Comments
# 1 aholbert32 @ 01/14/14 02:36 PM
The screenshots are improving. Costa looks spot on.

# 2 p_rushing @ 01/14/14 03:09 PM
best one yet, although I'm not sure on the overall head size, but it could be the angle

# 3 Guapo516 @ 01/14/14 05:36 PM
I think when there is no competition in your games genre you should feel more comfortable showing off your game more. I get why live and 2k have to keep their games under the radar but games like madden and UFC could show more and it won't effect game sales because people wanna play regardless.

# 4 Pappy Knuckles @ 01/14/14 05:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guapo516
I think when there is no competition in your games genre you should feel more comfortable showing off your game more. I get why live and 2k have to keep their games under the radar but games like madden and UFC could show more and it won't effect game sales because people wanna play regardless.
When is this supposed to come out? April? May? I'm desperate for news too, but we've still got a pretty decent window before release. Hopefully we see something soon though.

# 5 aholbert32 @ 01/14/14 08:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy Knuckles
When is this supposed to come out? April? May? I'm desperate for news too, but we've still got a pretty decent window before release. Hopefully we see something soon though.

Every date I heard was in May.

# 6 DMTS @ 01/14/14 09:21 PM
Can EA please put SOME effort into NBA Live? I mean these screenshots look really good, EA can make an NBA game look good but its like they almost choose not to.

# 7 Coolade @ 01/14/14 10:06 PM
The only release window is Spring 2014. The screenshots are nice and all but they won't matter if the submission system isn't good. That's all the hardcore mma community is waiting to hear about.

# 8 Guapo516 @ 01/14/14 10:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gators1984
That's not true at all in my opinion. If they show off their unfinished product and it sours people who may be on the fence about buying the game then they could lose a lot of sales. It doesn't matter if their is a competing game or not. From your perspective you may have decided to buy the game regardless but many people decide their buys differently. You still have to put out a strong marketing plan.
I haven't made up my mind yet but I'm just dying to see something lol. The couple of teases they put out looked good already so just go for it. They are wishy washy with their marketing decisions lately, didn't show live at all!

I just think a game with no competition in its market you could give us a taste. They used to show like what they were doing behind the scenes foot planting and stuff like that with madden and live a few years back using generic models, stuff like that could be cool to showcase grapple and submission systems, and build up to the games release.

# 9 Guapo516 @ 01/14/14 10:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy Knuckles
Spring this year, but the fight night team is working on it and they always delayed those games.

# 10 aholbert32 @ 01/15/14 11:37 AM
Quote:
I haven't made up my mind yet but I'm just dying to see something lol. The couple of teases they put out looked good already so just go for it. They are wishy washy with their marketing decisions lately, didn't show live at all!

I just think a game with no competition in its market you could give us a taste. They used to show like what they were doing behind the scenes foot planting and stuff like that with madden and live a few years back using generic models, stuff like that could be cool to showcase grapple and submission systems, and build up to the games release.
Why do people keep comparing this to Live? What doesnt Live have to do with this game?

We are at best 4 months away from this game coming out and every week for the past month, EA has released screenshots of the game. WE ALREADY HAVE MORE SCREENSHOTS FOR UFC THEN WE DID FOR LIVE BEFORE IT WAS RELEASED!

The feature list wont drop until Feb/March at the earliest so just enjoy the screenshots and be patient.

# 11 aholbert32 @ 01/15/14 04:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick32093209
Costa looks great. Its weird…they seem to be getting the lesser known fighters down better than the bigger names.

Its weird to me that they are only releasing images. I would love info on gameplay or features. The lack of info on things of importance is making me lose faith
Why would people expect this information from a game that isnt coming out for another 4 or 5 months? ****, we dont even have information like this about the Show and its likely to come out in March/April.

# 12 mgoblue @ 01/15/14 05:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Why would people expect this information from a game that isnt coming out for another 4 or 5 months? ****, we dont even have information like this about the Show and its likely to come out in March/April.
Great points....

Plus they're also finalizing things (like submission systems, etc).

Let them figure out what works best, get it in the game, and then have a 1-2 month hype fest on the way to release day....That's how I'd do it.

# 13 Guapo516 @ 01/15/14 06:57 PM
Quote:
Why do people keep comparing this to Live? What doesnt Live have to do with this game?

We are at best 4 months away from this game coming out and every week for the past month, EA has released screenshots of the game. WE ALREADY HAVE MORE SCREENSHOTS FOR UFC THEN WE DID FOR LIVE BEFORE IT WAS RELEASED!

The feature list wont drop until Feb/March at the earliest so just enjoy the screenshots and be patient.
Not necessarily comparing UFC to nba live but I was comparing ea's marketing to ea's marketing. Secondly I wasn't nor do I think anyone was complaining about what info we have been getting.

If you cared to read my post you would see that I said its not like live where you have competition in the genre and in that case they should keep things alil more tight lipped, but with a game where there's no competition I feel they could be more aggressive showing their game. So take it easy.

# 14 aholbert32 @ 01/15/14 09:06 PM
Quote:
Not necessarily comparing UFC to nba live but I was comparing ea's marketing to ea's marketing. Secondly I wasn't nor do I think anyone was complaining about what info we have been getting.

If you cared to read my post you would see that I said its not like live where you have competition in the genre and in that case they should keep things alil more tight lipped, but with a game where there's no competition I feel they could be more aggressive showing their game. So take it easy.

Nah. I don't need to take it easy. You asked for a "taste" and they are giving you a "taste" w/ screenshots. What good does it do for them to release a ton of info 5 mos before the game is in stores?

# 15 aholbert32 @ 01/16/14 06:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bspang2
I do not understand why you are so biased when it comes to this UFC game. These are honest questions and comments people have about EA and the games they have recently put out. There is nothing wrong with people wanting more. Yea the screenshots look great and give some people hope, but with EA's recent lets say "short falls" when it comes to actual gameplay. Its going leave a few folks skeptical and I do not see anything wrong with expressing that opinion.
Biased? Nah. If you knew me you'd know thats the last thing I am when it comes to EA games. I'm just patient and dont have unrealistic expectations. Anyone who follows sports games knows that its rare that you ever see videos or full feature lists 4-5 mos out from release. At best, you get a screenshot or too and generic feature information. We have all that from EA at this point.

You want a generic feature list, go to EA's UFC page and there is plenty of info. If you want specific information, be patient. It will come eventually. There is no reason EA has to release any information and no reason you need any info right now when the game is likely coming out in May. Be patient.

# 16 redsrule @ 01/16/14 06:52 PM
Quote:
Nah. I don't need to take it easy. You asked for a "taste" and they are giving you a "taste" w/ screenshots. What good does it do for them to release a ton of info 5 mos before the game is in stores?
It'd be nice to have more than generic info and some screenshots of guys though. I'm not obviously asking for everything to be revealed, but it should be more than just some screenshots.

# 17 aholbert32 @ 01/16/14 07:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redsrule
It'd be nice to have more than generic info and some screenshots of guys though. I'm not obviously asking for everything to be revealed, but it should be more than just some screenshots.
With 5 mos to go though? I cant think of one game that is releasing videos or features list 5 mos before release. NBA2k doesnt release info until 2 mos before. Madden 3-4 at the most. The Show is coming out in March/April and we still dont have anything.

# 18 ManiacMatt1782 @ 01/16/14 08:44 PM
I am tired of screenshots, I wanna see some video, and read details about the gameplay system, how is striking going to be handled, how is blocking going to be handled how is grappling going to be handled. I wan't the important stuff. Teasers of screenshots of big names to give a tase at first are cool, But now were are getting screen shots of Costas Phillipou who is a marginal top 10 at best. Come on enough of this EA and start releasing some REAL INFO

# 19 ManiacMatt1782 @ 01/16/14 08:47 PM
Quote:
With 5 mos to go though? I cant think of one game that is releasing videos or features list 5 mos before release. NBA2k doesnt release info until 2 mos before. Madden 3-4 at the most. The Show is coming out in March/April and we still dont have anything.
It says spring and best guess is april or may so we are like 3-4 months out right now, might be a little early for video, but its not too early for a little more detailed description of gameplay. For EA MMA we got info on the gameplay system around this time frame.

# 20 aholbert32 @ 01/16/14 10:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManiacMatt1782
It says spring and best guess is april or may so we are like 3-4 months out right now, might be a little early for video, but its not too early for a little more detailed description of gameplay. For EA MMA we got info on the gameplay system around this time frame.
Its probably May. Every date I've seen has it either May 20 (Gamefly) or May 5.

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.