Home
NHL 14 News Post

Now that both North American nations have made their selections for Sochi next month, it's much easier to see some of the possible combinations that will hit the ice (barring any late changes or injuries). Both line-ups feature some meaningful snubs as well, leaving a few talented skaters riding the pine (or, more correctly, enjoying a two-week sabbatical from the NHL season).

Without further ado, let's take a look at each line-up.

Read More - Breaking Down Olympic Hockey: USA/Canada

Game: NHL 14Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 6 - View All
NHL 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Dolphins88 @ 01/15/14 12:01 PM
There were a few choices on both teams that are very .. Wtf or political. Canada on defense selecting hamhuis and vlasic. Vlasic is debatable but hamhuis over seabrook, letang(wheels) or the steady tough Boychuk. In net I think I would take Crawford ahead of smith. He at least knows the big games. On forwards taking Marleau, Nash and Kunitz is debatable over a St. Louis, lucic and giroux.

On the US team of course Ryan should have gone over a Stepan. On the defense jack Johnson or bufylein should have been in for Martin.

# 2 ven0m43 @ 01/15/14 02:57 PM
I thought Quick was going to start for team USA. He's back from his injury and is playing really well.

# 3 phatkroger10 @ 01/15/14 02:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolphins88
There were a few choices on both teams that are very .. Wtf or political. Canada on defense selecting hamhuis and vlasic. Vlasic is debatable but hamhuis over seabrook, letang(wheels) or the steady tough Boychuk. In net I think I would take Crawford ahead of smith. He at least knows the big games. On forwards taking Marleau, Nash and Kunitz is debatable over a St. Louis, lucic and giroux.

On the US team of course Ryan should have gone over a Stepan. On the defense jack Johnson or bufylein should have been in for Martin.
Well I think if they brought Seabrook, they'd want to play him with Keith, but Keith played so well with Doughty in Vancouver. A little shocked about Letang, but he's been hurt all year. I am not surprised with Giroux and St. Louis missing out. So much offensive firepower already. No one played well with Crosby in Vancouver (other than Iginla), so bring one of his friends. All Marleau does is put up points, but I don't know where he fits in on Canada. Could you imagine a Lucic-Bergeron-Nash vs. Brown-Backes-Callahan? That'd be some battles!

I'm going to assume you meant Orpik, not Martin, because Orpik was only selected because he plays for Bylsma. I definitely wouldn't have brought Jack Johnson because he can not find his game anymore or Byfuglien because he's so slow, he would have been TORCHED by Russia or Slovakia in group play. I don't know how they passed up on Yandle. He's a character guy, he's offensive minded, and he's fast. Would have been a nice fit.

I'm not sleeping on Sweden. That defense will cruise and move the puck. Austria may be in a good spot, if they can upset Finland, they could get a good tourney draw, same goes for Norway, but I think Norway will have a tougher time scoring on Finland.

# 4 Dolphins88 @ 01/15/14 03:44 PM
Yes I agree about yandle.. I still think Johnson or ya dole would be better than Martin. I never liked him in pitts. The reason I think he was selected.
Exactly why I'd take lucic to put him on with Bergeron and/or carter or Nash.
In regards to letang and seabrooke I'd take either 1 ahead of hamhuis. Another guy that could have had consideration is Doan.. That guy plays a tough game!

# 5 Dolphins88 @ 01/15/14 03:59 PM
Kunitz Crosby Tavares
Sharp Toews Duchene
Benn Getslaf Perry
Lucic Bergeron Nash
Carter Stamkos

Keith Doughty
Boumeester Pietrangelo
Suban Letang
Seabrook Webber

Now there is a team to reckon with

# 6 gopher_guy @ 01/15/14 04:29 PM
"The unknown commodity for Team U.S.A. is definitely they're young depth guys"

their*

just a heads up

# 7 Wiggy @ 01/15/14 07:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gopher_guy
"The unknown commodity for Team U.S.A. is definitely they're young depth guys"

their*

just a heads up
Thanks =)

I'll see if I can request a fix. Since I'm a grammar guy, this galls me as well.

# 8 dream43 @ 01/15/14 07:29 PM
Just saying but I think stamkos will play top line right wing
That is what i heard

# 9 Jerzey Devilz @ 01/18/14 10:42 AM
Canada is freakin stacked like always. U.S.A is looking better than expected though. I can't wait to watch some Olympic Hockey this year!!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.