Home
NBA 2K14 News Post

While reading poloelite's latest blog and checking Twitter mentions, I wanted to gauge the community on any recent and/or lingering issues they have been having with NBA 2K14 on Xbox One and PS4. 2K Sports should communicate these sorts of issues a lot better than what they have been doing on social media and other venues. Communication is key here, customers are feeling ignored.

Please list the console you are having the issue on and explain in detail what isn't working correctly. I'm not talking about a gameplay bug or issue, I'm specifically talking about blue screen CE errors, being kicked back to the dashboard/main menu, not being able to load up certain modes or corrupted game saves.

I want to get as much feedback as I can here and forward it to the right people. Based off the mentions of many 2K Twitter accounts, it's safe to say a lot of people aren't happy with the support they are receiving.

I'm also going to tweet this out, get feedback and update this post as necessary. Below are just some of the recent tweets I've received.
  • MyCareer keep sending me back to the dashboard on Xbox One. @RobRodgers__
  • XB1, MyCareer and MyGm, still getting kicked back to menu when I try to load. @nolanrabine2
  • I've had myplayer save crashes in the last 48 hrs. After rookie showcase it says the file is corrupted. @el_suavacado
  • XB1, MyCareer and MyGm can't play. Sends me to main menu..And ThePark sometimes won't load up. @BeastNinja11
  • mycareer game crashes always at the same point, after eastern conference final game 7. I'm tired, sold the game yday. XB1 @Serchenko9
  • XBOne, myGM+seasons - you CAN start and play,but the next time you load you're getting to the xb-homescreen @stipeNBG
  • X1, haven't been able to make a new MyGM or season without it kicking me to the main menu and deleting my saves. Bout 3 weeks now @calvins0ne
  • Since November on X1, that Online league literally last a day to mere hours. Started up a 28 user lg..handful of games played..2 hrs later dead. @MistaWelcome
  • can't play my player, game loads up than boots me directly back to X1 dashboard. All that time wasted @kidyungn
  • PS4. MyGM mode. Can't alter the details of a contract offer to a free agent. Stuck with the offer that appears. @DavidLSwan
  • PS4, freezes at menu before entering any mode, freeze during exhibition gms offline & still cant start mycareer due to server error @bubbacroft8
  • X1, I basically have a game that doesn't work. start a MYGM or MyPlayer it wont save & kicks u to home screen, can only do quick match @MikeyMike329
  • PS4, yep, mycareer throws me out b4 you go 2 showcase gm & regular gms freeze anywhere from intro to 3rd quarter. yes, tried reinstall @bubbacroft8
  • everytime i play my gm its sims like 2 weeks comes up says saving and boots me to main menu #XboxOne @drewbie_22
  • Xbox 1 can't play MyGM or MyCareer without it kicking me back to the main menu @ChicagoLarry23
  • On X1 digital download I can't even get the game to play 9 out of 10 times. I just get a blank black screen. @AdamMTrujillo
  • PS4, after i play the first game in the second season. After the press conference it freezes loading back to the mycareer menu @aksports11
  • everytime I go to my career to load my save and quit game it crashes to the Xbox home. Over 2 weeks can't play park or my career @J_NYK_914
  • XB1, MyCareer and MyGM get kicked to main menu every time..been like this for over 3 weeks,haven't heard squat from @2KSupport @DTAN33
  • XB1, my gm and my player kick me out to the main screen without even entering a bball game, lost saves and won't saves. @ajworthen
  • mycareer kick back for past 3 days. no fix in sight. xbox1. my favorite game and for 2nd time in 2 months it's rendered useless @PartyPokered
  • PS4, I've had myplayer save crashes in the last 48 hrs. After rookie showcase it says the file is corrupted @el_suavacado
  • For 2 weeks on X1, I can't play MyGm or MyCareer and also MyTeam won't load the player avatars on the cards @Fonzi93
Written by: Steve Noah

Game: NBA 2K14Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Wii U / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 98 - View All
NBA 2K14 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 tb24ster @ 01/17/14 02:06 AM
After games are over, can't see player highlights and most valuable player doesn't work. Music doesn't work in the highlights either . pS4

# 42 b0ck3n @ 01/17/14 04:00 AM
My online MyCareer started crashing (CE) mid game, mid-way through the first season. Tried removing all gear but it hasn't helped, it always crashes after the first possession. PS4.

# 43 StacksOfHighSociety @ 01/17/14 07:18 AM
PS4 uring initial start up of the game, the main load screen goes to black screen for 10-15mins before fully loading. This problem just started again recently

# 44 StacksOfHighSociety @ 01/17/14 07:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
I'm basically a MyGm only player and I haven't really had any issues of note.

One common trend I've noticed from guys who are have trouble is most of them seem to have purchased VC. Maybe it would be helpful if those with issues should say if they have or haven't purchased VC.

Just a thought.

No purchase of VC for me.

# 45 tony9 @ 01/17/14 07:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaine_Man
XBOX1 - Private team up does not work. Roster files dont load to everyone the same. Some of my friends get the default roster at random times. Quick match team up will often A) Freeze at the sync B) Lagout C) Split the game into two games. 1 group in 1 game and 1 group in another. This is a legacy issue that has been in the game since 2k10. WTF. The online connectivity and being able to play with friends might as well have not been included with the game. Its a worthless button.
Same here. I haven't been able to play 1 public or private team up game together with friends yet on next gen due to all the problems that you listed. It is totally ridiculous! Had I known all the problems 2k would have on next gen I would have kept my xbox 360 for at least another year. 2k14 next gen online has just been a total disaster.

# 46 TheFlyestHoopa @ 01/17/14 12:48 PM
Here's some info that may help as I've been experiencing issues with MyGM/My Career since December 14th and have been in constant contact with 2k.

Apparently, there's been some issues with the cloud storage network. The patch was submitted for approval over a week ago and seeing how patches take 7-10 business days for approval and patches are usually released on Tuesday, things could be fixed as early as Tuesday. This is a dual effort between 2K and Microsoft as obviously the game files are 2Ks but the storage system is Microsoft's. The plan is that the patch is supposed to fix all current save files and they should be able to resume as normal. If the patch doesn't fix issues, game files will be deleted and connection to server reestablished. Also any VC used in files that are to be deleted WILL BE refunded.

Just to throw this out there as well, most of the issues have had similar backgrounds: players impacting the game in one way or another during auto-save periods which I was advised to ensure not to do going forward to prevent any other issues.

# 47 iredfern0 @ 01/17/14 01:23 PM
PS4 my gm mode. After I simulated the last game of my first season as the Celtics I had a conversation with the trainer about Rondo's injury, and immediately after a conversation with Brad Stevens popped up with no text. I cannot progress any further. I have also not purchased any VC.

# 48 Don Figures @ 01/17/14 04:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iker30
Not sure if this is one of the "Gameplay issues" you mentioned but playing online is simply impossible. It takes 1 second for the reaction after pressing a button. On-Ball defense is impossible, timing shots aswell. For me the online game modes are simply not playable and this has been since before patch #3. It's not about my TV or my internet. It's about the servers since many players experience this too.

I addressed them to ronnie2k and the 2ksupport myself but got ignored. Hope you can address this issue aswell. I would love to finally enjoy some online matches.
Well said.

# 49 kevmasood @ 01/17/14 05:28 PM
PS4, everydayis2k
ONLINE LEAGUES does not work period, needs to be adressed, did not work since DAY 1, NXT GEN

# 50 shawnpatrick78 @ 01/17/14 11:08 PM
NBA TODAY video not playing, online quick match updated rosters not loading. Still have day one rosters, online only. Myplayer store no images for clothes or accessories. In the park everyone has brown shirts and same pants. Xbox One

# 51 PhatOldMan @ 01/18/14 08:33 AM
NBA Today video not playing. Cannot view items in store or closet. Cannot change gear purchased. All gear shows up default. On Xbox One.

# 52 gb1204 @ 01/18/14 05:45 PM
On XB1 have not been able to play my gm or my career since thanksgiving keep getting kicked to the dash, support has not talked to me since december 22nd. Still get the controller lag from time to time

# 53 thomguy123 @ 01/18/14 09:03 PM
PLATFORM Xbox One

GAMERTAG thomguy123

MODE MyGM

SPECIFIC DETAILS. Every time I go into MyGM, after about 30 seconds, it takes me back to the main menu, erasing all of the progress made in that short amount of time. This makes the game literally unplayable.

PREVIOUS OR NEW SAVE FILE It takes me back to a time just before these glitches started happening

ANYTHING ELSE It happens on all modes of a MyGM, so I know it has to do with the system or servers. It can't be the console or one specific save file, I have isolated the problem and come to this conclusion. Apparently many others are having this issue. Why? I have no idea, but it needs to be fixed and fixed soon.

# 54 johnlnames @ 01/18/14 09:59 PM
My fuggin 6'2 PG starts at Center for the Clippers, with deandre warming the bench for me with 4 minutes a game. This game has great logic

# 55 johnlnames @ 01/18/14 11:14 PM
Thanks for this post Steve. Good to see someone is staying on top of these guys, OS kicks ***! BTW this game has my 6'2 PG starting at C for the Clippers wth is up with that?

# 56 Tempest20 @ 01/19/14 07:14 PM
can some1 plz tell me how do you set your bench rotation in my gm mode? It seems i could only set it right b4 the game...and yes i bought the rotation thing with vc....sorry if this is a stupid question but for the life of me i cant find it...

# 57 bogeyexpress @ 01/19/14 08:40 PM
I can add to the mayhem.

Since Christmas or the day after, when that patch was released to "fix" issues, I have not been able to play myPlayer or myGM since. I was unable to play myTeam for about 2 weeks after that. I get kicked back to the main screen when trying to load myplayer or myGM.

I have contacted 2k and received an email asking for specifics, I replied with that information and about 10-14 days later, I got an email saying they had received my information and were working on it.

I also tweeeted about my issues and frustrations on my gaming twitter account, @bogeyexpress. I am on XB1 console.

Thanks OS for trying to help us gamers out with getting the word out and hopefully getting something done about it.

Worst thing, I was so looking forward to playing offline association. Still WAITING!!! to finish my 82 game season I am 20 games into.

# 58 LorenzoDC @ 01/19/14 10:10 PM
I am a victim of the MyGM playoff glitch. For other reasons, I restored my Xbox One to factory settings and reinstalled this game as well as some others.

Afterward, the game save that was stuck in MyGM is no longer visible or available to me, though my MyCareer game save is available.

I previously put approximately 60-80 hours into 4 seasons of the MyGM save that is missing.

I don't know if the file is corrupted on the 2k server side but it is not available to me. However, if I create a new MyGM file, all the GM and franchise upgrades I have made in the missing file are available in a new file. So clearly 2k has a record of the past file and its history. I just can't access the file.

Gamertag: ajschu2914

Legacy Ticket: #490064

# 59 RangersCruz @ 01/19/14 10:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxJustAguessxX
NBA Today has disappeared from the game.
its still there on ps4..

# 60 RangersCruz @ 01/19/14 10:44 PM
Weird everything works fine the highlights nba today for me did you try deleting and reinstalling?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.