Home
NBA 2K14 News Post

NBA 2K14 title update #4 has been submitted to Sony and Microsoft. According to LD2K, it will address the issues for some Xbox One users getting kicked back to the main menu. Ronnie mentioned MyGM contract negotiations and playoff advancing will also get fixed.

Obviously those will not be the only fixes that will be implemented. It usually takes 10 to 14 days for patches to get approval and we won't get any other details until they are officially released.

What are you hoping to see fixed in NBA 2K14 patch #4?

Game: NBA 2K14Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Wii U / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 98 - View All
NBA 2K14 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 MidasTouch @ 01/22/14 08:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynastyyy
I'm at the end of the road with this game, its become a joke to me. With Madden as good as it is, Tomb Raider & others on the way this patch better impress or I won't even bother. & There's no way I'm playing within a week of the patch release. I trust the community to test the product much more than the developers at this point.
I am in the same boat. I think that even with patch 4, I won't trust that it's been tested properly. So for me, I have to wait 2-3 weeks before I trust this game safe to play.

# 122 Sports fanantic @ 01/22/14 08:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinner
I've already decided that i'm putting this game towards Titanfall. So the patch will either make me keep till it's released or get rid of it the day after the patch....so basically, it's a wrap.
I'm on the same but replace Titanfall for MLB 14 the show. The Patch will be the deciding factor.

# 123 baconspaceman @ 01/22/14 09:49 PM
Hopefully team up will work with this patch

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

# 124 solofx7 @ 01/22/14 09:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxJustAguessxX
Ill let you in a lil secret, after the patch you still will not be able to save rosters to HDD.
I understand the desire to do this and the fact that 2K said it was going to be fixed in the previous patches, but I am not sure I see the need for this? Other than the obvious online not reliable/stable thing...

I downloaded a roster based around the NBA from a couple years ago when Shaq and Bron were on the same team and saved it under my name and have been able to access it and use it in MyGm. Amazing to play with all of the guys on those teams, like the Celtics when they were boss and such...

But I do understand the issues with VC, online saves, online play and all of that. I think that they have totally dropped the ball and need to fix it. I just think that the list of things that are wrong are too big and the online stuff is too hard-coded into the game to fix in patches...

Personally I have lost files, had modes that were unplayable because they required server/internet access... Though frustrating, I have worked through it... As consumers I totally respect and understand being upset and returning the game or demanding more out of a company... they will not know unless we tell them. That being said, I don't think that a revolt is needed when their track record is stellar till now. New system, new game, new though process. The online stuff and the VC is a total flop, I will give you that. But all of these years and all of these games, do we truly think that 2K has gotten lazy? To me the positives of the game far outweigh the negatives. Yes it sucks to not be able to play a game because of loading locks or whatever else is happening, but this game is by far the next gen out of all the games out there. Mind you it is an indoor ball game!!! how real can it look? can it be? Just like in the trailers, they pulled off "next-gen" I personally take a break from the game when there are items that are server dependent until they are fixed. Next year I don't think this is the route that they will take, seeing the issues and feedback that they got... play the game and the alternatives and you will see what you have. Tell 2K about the issues, they are listening, though not responding... I will put my money on it that it will not be like this next year. Just my 2 cents...

# 125 keshunleon @ 01/23/14 08:05 AM
2K is doing a much better job with the rosters but they aren't really doing anything because of Stats but releasing them.

For offline play we should be able to save to HDD, CAP & turn injuries off.

Issues:

Incorrect shoe brands
Many ratings are off
Wingspans and body edits are terrible
Shoe creator is terrible
Accessories and shoes
Injuries

We have to wait for 2K to add a player and bring a player back from injuries which I've seen take days on a lot of cases.

# 126 PhatOldMan @ 01/23/14 11:29 AM
Hope the patch address this crap!

# 127 doctoroz14 @ 01/23/14 04:33 PM
Any idea when we might be able to dl it?

# 128 zizoux @ 01/23/14 04:50 PM
@Ronnie2K 2 hours ago
''Announced #NBA2K14 Patch 4 submission a week ago today. No updates except we are getting closer to release, addresses XB1 kickback to menu''

# 129 d23x @ 01/23/14 06:17 PM
Patch is out, just got the download. Let's see what it fixes..

# 130 Rebel_INS @ 01/23/14 06:23 PM
I just downloaded it. Where are the notes?

# 131 Smirkin Dirk @ 01/23/14 06:41 PM
what system?

# 132 d23x @ 01/23/14 06:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Kidd
what system?
I'm on xb1

# 133 Crookid @ 01/23/14 06:45 PM
On X1 and installing now. Seems to be a little over 1.2 gigs.

Am I the only one who gets nervous the patch might cause a new bug that corrupts my MC save? lol

# 134 tariqosuave @ 01/23/14 08:48 PM
I think as gamers we have become spoiled. People make so many complaints about stuff like headbands... Fix the shoes! and stuff like that. Its still a great game its just broken. I think 2k is spoiled with their fanbase. The reality is they haven't done anything to fix lag or make online play a better experience since 07. They aren't going to do it. You have never seen anyone from that camp say that they would. input lag is just what it is. Leagues and Associations have never actually worked. This is exactly how Madden became madden.

# 135 hiphopgamer26 @ 01/23/14 09:08 PM
Over 150,000 man hours and I still can't play team up with friends

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

# 136 Tommy9017 @ 01/24/14 01:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealHST
Im trying to hold out as long as I can
You have way more patience then me!
with how patch 4 seems to be going from what i read i am glad i sold it!

# 137 Underdogdjr @ 01/25/14 06:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crookid
On X1 and installing now. Seems to be a little over 1.2 gigs.

Am I the only one who gets nervous the patch might cause a new bug that corrupts my MC save? lol
No man, I am nervous too. I started a new mygm and MyCareer and wouldn't let it sync to them pre patch. I called and guy in tech support recommended I not patch and sync until they confirm having deleted my old corrupted files otherwise I may risk my newer ones being corrupted! They still haven't deleted the corrupted files and credited me the VCs I spent on those dudes.

# 138 osanswer @ 02/20/14 05:11 PM
When are they gonna have cpu vs cpu play in mygm ps4..its like there forcing you to play as user..I like to rebuild a franchise and watch the roster Ipput togethers compete...bad enough they forcing you to get vc just to change rotations etc...and since when was it a gms job to sell hotdogs or get fired..bring back association.

# 139 bamalam @ 02/22/14 07:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by osanswer
When are they gonna have cpu vs cpu play in mygm ps4..its like there forcing you to play as user..I like to rebuild a franchise and watch the roster Ipput togethers compete...bad enough they forcing you to get vc just to change rotations etc...and since when was it a gms job to sell hotdogs or get fired..bring back association.

30 team classic association mode

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.