Home
NHL 14 News Post

Having previously looked at the lineups of both North American hockey teams, it's only fair to size up the host nation for Sochi 2014, as well as the other nation with the best chance to succeed — Russia and Sweden, respectively. Each team is populated with stars, former Olympians and lots of utility talent from their nation's leagues, and both groups are more than capable of being in the final four. Still, questions linger about some lineup decisions, and certain factors could slow up these competitive hockey nations.

Without further ado, let's take a look at each squad.

Read More - Breaking Down Olympic Hockey: Russia/Sweden

Game: NHL 14Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 6 - View All
NHL 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 BCDX97 @ 01/21/14 06:31 PM
Apparently Soin is out for Russia and Semin is in.

I don't think Russia is gonna fail so mightily like you think. Four years ago was really weak, and I hope they play better this time around - it will be more fun if they do.

Sweden is always solid and scary - they remind me of the Red Wings. I can definitely see them getting to the gold medal game, but I think Canada vs Russia would be more fun. Sweden would probably win the bronze against Finland or the US.

# 2 chrisphil1724 @ 01/22/14 11:15 AM
"the recently retired Niklas Kronwall"

I'm 99.999999999999% sure Kronwall isn't retired. Are you thinking of Nicklas Lidstrom?

# 3 mrm7755 @ 01/22/14 12:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisphil1724
"the recently retired Niklas Kronwall"

I'm 99.999999999999% sure Kronwall isn't retired. Are you thinking of Nicklas Lidstrom?
He probably is

# 4 mrm7755 @ 01/22/14 12:06 PM
Sweden will most likely medal, but I'm not sure about Russia... A lot of KHL nobody's

# 5 Wiggy @ 01/22/14 01:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrm7755
He probably is
No, I actually wasn't, funnily enough, but I did space out for some reason and thought Kronwall had retired.

I'll change in the text =) Thanks for the heads up!

# 6 JezFranco @ 01/23/14 10:46 AM
Kronwall have played 48 games this season, and leads Detroits TOI.
So he's far from retired.

# 7 JezFranco @ 01/31/14 04:09 AM
Look like Franzén will not make it due to concussion. Possibly replaced by Gustaf Nyquist.
So the Swedes will still have a complete Detroit line;

Gustav Nyqvist| Henrik Zetterberg | Daniel Alfredsson
Jonathan Ericsson | Niklas Kronwall
Jonas Gustavsson

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.