Home
MLB 14 The Show News Post

While we wait on official word for the MLB 14 The Show release date, one has to wonder if the PS3 and PS4 versions will ship on the same day or not.

Looking back at MLB 07 The Show, the PS2 version shipped on February 26th, while the PS3 version didn't ship until May 15th.

I sent a note to Russell, but I'm not sure if he is allowed to elaborate on it. But he did have this to say yesterday.

Quote:
There's no conspiracy or grand design, everything is going according to our schedule for this year. There won't be any less information about the game than there was last year. The schedule is different this year that's all, nothing more nothing less.

Either way, it's fun to speculate, since we haven't seen anything new recently. Last year, we received the fact sheet on January 14th. We also saw some gameplay from CES last year at around this time, but it wasn't on display this year. Just taking a peek at our MLB 13 The Show page, we saw a few Developer Journals with hands-on impressions at the end of January.

Let's hope we see or hear something soon.

Written by: Steve Noah

Game: MLB 14 The ShowReader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 12 - View All
MLB 14 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 201 Teigh Cubs Teigh @ 02/08/14 08:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
Spring break/woman > PS4
Pssh, you can't get any of that good ol' Resogun action on a woman.

# 202 acts238shaun @ 02/08/14 10:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilliesFan13
I'm really beginning to believe that some people on here are just wasting their days away on here waiting for that little confirmation of a release date. Refresh, refresh, refresh...is being patient that hard? It's a release date for a video GAME. I really can't understand why this has turned into a life or death situation. Just accept the fact that the date hasn't been released yet, and until confirmation is given from the main source then all other speculation is just that...speculation. Stop ripping your hair out.
The way we are acting, you'd think we were waiting for OSFM of something, lol.

# 203 kehlis @ 02/08/14 10:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by acts238shaun
The way we are acting, you'd think we were waiting for OSFM of something, lol.

Pump the breaks.

That's still yet to come. The fun never ends here.

# 204 My993C2 @ 02/09/14 12:04 PM
SCEA has done me a favor by not publicly committing to a release date for their MLB 14 title. The original plan for myself was to buy a PS4 around this time frame and then pickup the MLB 14 game in March when we originally thought it might be released. But I race a Rotax DD2 kart in the real world and over the winter months I had to rebuild my engine as well as make some other costly repairs to my Kart's chassis to make sure it is in tip top shape ready for the 2014 race season and the bill for the engine rebuild as well as the other repairs has come in and it will cost me more than anticipated. So since I have not yet picked up the PS4 console, I can defer this purchase for a year and put the money towards the Kart engine rebuild and chassis repairs.

However I am still on the fence as far as picking up the PS3 version of MLB 14 or playing MLB 13 another year and it sure would be nice if SCEA gave us info concerning the PS3 iteration. I can totally understand them wanting to make sure the PS4 version was not buggy. But the PS3 version shouldn't have the same issues, unless of course they only have a skeleton crew working on it.

# 205 BravesBoy @ 02/11/14 09:28 PM
Just to throw this out, (dont know if already posted) I was just browsing target \s website and noticed release dates for ps3 version was 4/1 and ps4 was 4/15. First time ive seen 2 dates for the diff versions.

# 206 kehlis @ 02/11/14 09:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BravesBoy
Just to throw this out, (dont know if already posted) I was just browsing target \s website and noticed release dates for ps3 version was 4/1 and ps4 was 4/15. First time ive seen 2 dates for the diff versions.
Interesting.

I do believe that 4/1 was a placeholder for awhile but when you look at the date it makes perfect sense so I did believe that eventually it would be the release date for the ps3.

I think most have been interested in the release date for the ps4.

I'm assuming we will know for sure on Thursday.

# 207 BravesBoy @ 02/11/14 09:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
Interesting.

I do believe that 4/1 was a placeholder for awhile but when you look at the date it makes perfect sense so I did believe that eventually it would be the release date for the ps3.

I think most have been interested in the release date for the ps4.

I'm assuming we will know for sure on Thursday.
also the same on Wal-marts as well...just curious browsing. Thursday will confirm or deny this haha

# 208 Shakedowncapo @ 02/11/14 09:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BravesBoy
also the same on Wal-marts as well...just curious browsing. Thursday will confirm or deny this haha
I just find it very weird that the PS3 version would see that type of delay. At the moment, I don't believe the 4/1 release date for that version.

But with all the websites saying the same thing...Where there's smoke...

# 209 ShowTyme15 @ 02/11/14 09:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakedowncapo
I just find it very weird that the PS3 version would see that type of delay. At the moment, I don't believe the 4/1 release date for that version.

Makes sense to me.

1 development team

3 different versions of the game (PS Vita,PS3,PS4)

PS4 version from scratch

PS3 version isn't just a paint job of 13 (PSNation made note of that in another thread)

I def can see two different release dates no doubt. Not saying that will be the case, but certainly plausible though.

# 210 Born Again @ 02/11/14 10:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakedowncapo

I want to see an early March release for the ps3 Show if for no other reason than guinea pigs can use that month as a spring training and help catch a few bugs before the regular season starts.

# 211 Knight165 @ 02/11/14 11:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lhslancers
There is really no reason for the PS3 or the Vita versions to be delayed. The PS4 version might be delayed by as much as a couple of months since they had to do the stadiums from scratch and develop an entire game from the ground up.
Let's see.....elves?
Clones?
Magic?

Which of these do you envision the same amount of devs and man hours (actually...they probably worked more time individually this year than in past) employed to work on all three versions at once and NOT POSSIBLY run a bit overdue in regards to previous releases?

I'm not saying it will be delayed....but no reason possible?

Get real.

M.K.
Knight165

# 212 Cowboy008 @ 02/11/14 11:12 PM
If the PS4 version is delayed I just hope it's only for a few weeks and not for a couple months or longer.

# 213 antilowpe @ 02/12/14 08:12 AM
With all the release dates we heard, the only thing I'm sure is I will have enough time to play and hopefully finish Dark Souls 2 before the show !

# 214 barsoffury @ 02/12/14 08:38 AM
In the words of Wilson Phillips,

"Some day somebody's gonna make you want to
Turn around and say goodbye
Until then baby are you going to let them
Hold you down and make you cry
Don't you know?
Don't you know things can change
Things'll go your way
If you hold on for one more day
Can you hold on for one more day
Things'll go your way
Hold on for one more day."

# 215 SVCbearcat10 @ 02/12/14 08:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by barsoffury
In the words of Wilson Phillips,

"Some day somebody's gonna make you want to
Turn around and say goodbye
Until then baby are you going to let them
Hold you down and make you cry
Don't you know?
Don't you know things can change
Things'll go your way
If you hold on for one more day
Can you hold on for one more day
Things'll go your way
Hold on for one more day."
I think a picture may say this better....

# 216 Sip_16 @ 02/12/14 10:05 AM

# 217 richiesbx137 @ 02/12/14 11:04 AM
My prediction is the mlb 14 the show game gets released on March 15 or a little after because the MLB regular season starts on March 22 and March 23 in Sydney, Australia between the Dodgers and Diamondbacks. Then the regular season starts stateside on March 30, with Dodgers and Padres in San Diego (where San Diego Studio is located, one of the makers of the game).

I expected the PS3 and vita out first then the PS4. I also cannot wait for Thursday for new info on the game. The decision is ultimately is on SCEA and MLB when the game is decided to come out, and it has to be out at that time because of MLB with their schedule and even the MLB Fan Cave gets a copy of the new game, thus it has be out by or before March 22nd for that reason. I predict March 15th the game is released.

My plan get the game on March 15 or 31, depending on the game release for PS3. Planning on also getting MLB.TV will it be before or after we will see. I will be buying MLB. TV on March 15th for the regular season opener (I am on a deadline here), then the game shortly after. Or on March 31st the morning of opening day. I might get both at the same time, but I am graduating from Hofstra this semester. So maybe it happens. Time will tell.

# 218 Stormyhog @ 02/14/14 11:43 PM
At the canadian eb games website it lists the PS4 version at $69.99 for release on May 31st. Date is probably a placeholder as they just said may nothing specific. Curious why it is $10 more here. At the US gamestop site it is listed at $59.99 so hopefully it's a mistake. http://www.ebgames.ca/playstation-4/...e-bonus/318209

# 219 Stormyhog @ 02/15/14 12:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieBravo
Aren't Canada prices always a little higher than US ones?
Yeah it looks like here that the some PS4 games for upcoming releases will be $69.99 and others $59.99. UFC for instance is listed at $59.99 but destiny, drive club and watch dogs are $69.99. Oh well it won't detour me.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.