Home
MLB 14 The Show News Post

While we wait on official word for the MLB 14 The Show release date, one has to wonder if the PS3 and PS4 versions will ship on the same day or not.

Looking back at MLB 07 The Show, the PS2 version shipped on February 26th, while the PS3 version didn't ship until May 15th.

I sent a note to Russell, but I'm not sure if he is allowed to elaborate on it. But he did have this to say yesterday.

Quote:
There's no conspiracy or grand design, everything is going according to our schedule for this year. There won't be any less information about the game than there was last year. The schedule is different this year that's all, nothing more nothing less.

Either way, it's fun to speculate, since we haven't seen anything new recently. Last year, we received the fact sheet on January 14th. We also saw some gameplay from CES last year at around this time, but it wasn't on display this year. Just taking a peek at our MLB 13 The Show page, we saw a few Developer Journals with hands-on impressions at the end of January.

Let's hope we see or hear something soon.

Written by: Steve Noah

Game: MLB 14 The ShowReader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 12 - View All
MLB 14 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 101 ShowTyme15 @ 01/28/14 01:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli_to_Cruz1080
He said it showed the 1st for both ps3 and ps4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's a placeholder date. Still hasn't been confirmed by SCEA

# 102 ckarlic @ 01/28/14 01:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli_to_Cruz1080
The manager of my local gamestop told me that april 1st is the confirmed release date.
Im fine with that. I wait until opening day rosters anyway to start my franchise. Also, I want to have a good roster set for my base since we can now resume our franchises on future releases of the show.

# 103 smiley3 @ 01/28/14 01:50 PM
Can Russell confirm this! 😱

# 104 nemesis04 @ 01/28/14 02:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by smiley3
Can Russell confirm this! ��
There will be an official announcement in regards to release dates. Until then we wait! Doubtful Ramone would comment on this.

# 105 3fiddy @ 01/28/14 02:24 PM
Gamestop in STL told us the same thing. My cousin said last night it came out April 1st. I'm like did he say April Fools because the only thing out there is a couple vids from Taiwan lol

I understand gamestop employees saying this so theres no reason to flame but the part that's funny is when they act like they know their right lol

# 106 MrOldboy @ 01/28/14 02:35 PM
I feel like some of us have been saying this for a while and have prepared for the worst. I'm not getting my hopes because I'd rather be realistic and not dissapoint myself if the PS4 version is delayed (as the PS3 version was in 07). Just be realistic and if they are released at the same time or close together than great, if not, well there are worse things that could have happened to you.

# 107 MrOldboy @ 01/28/14 05:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilliesFan13
Gamestop's word isn't gospel no matter how much they try to make you believe it is.
No, but retailers typically know a release date before most and April 1st is a Tuesday. But that isn't enough to confirm at all, only Sony can. I understand though why people are jumping on that date though.

# 108 MrOldboy @ 01/28/14 06:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by assclown25
And it's also April FOOL's Day!!!
Yeah, but to the industry its just another Tuesday. Not sure what you could do as prank regarding the game's release date though.

"Oops, the manufacturer forgot to print any data on the discs." that would go over well.

# 109 SupremeYankee @ 01/28/14 07:09 PM
I'm holding out on a ps4 until the show drops so I'm anxiously awaiting news

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

# 110 Factzzz @ 01/28/14 07:14 PM
Has anyone seen this with other video games, where the date shown is just a placeholder, and then the real release date is announced?

# 111 MrOldboy @ 01/28/14 07:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factzzz
Has anyone seen this with other video games, where the date shown is just a placeholder, and then the real release date is announced?
All the time. Watch Dogs is currently listed on Amazon as June 30th, obviously not going to be the final release date, its just the last day of June. Plus its a Monday. Titanfall has a placeholder date and South Park had multiple as it got delayed and then THQ fell apart.

Its just worrying in this case because its closer to release than what is typical.

# 112 FloorGeneral @ 01/28/14 07:25 PM
Quote:
You must not pre-order games. "Placeholder dates" are as common as games getting released. Hell, the systems themselves had placeholders, as they were taking pre-orders before the release dates were announced.

Frankly, I'm surprised there are so many ppl that are/were unaware of the practice.

# 113 kehlis @ 01/28/14 09:08 PM
Quote:
Yes.

And on a higher level, even the ps4 and xbox1 did it for awhile.

# 114 soxin12 @ 01/28/14 09:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibbler
now that it's Feb in a few days I think we can now say it's 0% chance of it coming out in March, never have I seen a company give a release date only 1 month beforehand. we are looking at May realisticlly
For the PS3 I say it will come out around the normal time. I don't see why it wouldn't.

As for the PS4, you may be right. I believe that NBA 2K came out a month into the season as well. Not that it means that much, but if SCEA does the same type of approach.

# 115 Factzzz @ 01/28/14 09:45 PM
For all the people saying they've seen placeholders, do the dates change more often than not? Or do they usually stay the same?

# 116 ShowTyme15 @ 01/28/14 09:48 PM
Quote:
For all the people saying they've seen placeholders, do the dates change more often then not? Or do they usually stay the same?
They change more often than not

# 117 Flaxseed Oil @ 01/29/14 10:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieBravo
i'm still saying there's gonna be something during the Superbowl, and then the mass media flood in the coming days after that. This right now is the calm before the storm. (hopefully)
I didn't even consider the Super Bowl. I just got aroused.

# 118 barsoffury @ 01/29/14 10:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieBravo
i'm still saying there's gonna be something during the Superbowl, and then the mass media flood in the coming days after that. This right now is the calm before the storm. (hopefully)
I certainly think something will come out next week (after the super bowl other then hardcore fans, nobody is thinking about baseball right now). Then more will trickle out week to week and I would hope we know a great deal by the end of February.

# 119 godylla @ 01/29/14 10:43 AM
I think in the weeks between the Super Bowl and pitchers and catchers reporting is when we will get the bulk of our information.

# 120 tnixen @ 01/29/14 10:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by godylla
I think in the weeks between the Super Bowl and pitchers and catchers reporting is when we will get the bulk of our information.
I agree and it really is looking like a May release for the PS4 version.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.