Home
NBA 2K14 News Post

2K Sports released patch number four for NBA 2K14 this afternoon for Xbox One users. No timetable on when PS4 users will get the patch, but 2K says it is coming 'soon'.

Here are the notes:

• Addressed an issue where some users were unable to load/play any previously saved files.
  • Addressed an issue where some users were unable to properly negotiate contracts in MyGM.
  • Users are now able to advance to the next round of the playoffs when playing the series deciding game in MyGM.
  • Addressed an issue with Friend invites that was preventing some users from entering into Head-to-Head and Team-Up matchmaking.
  • Corrected a case where the game would exit out after the first change of possession during the Rising Stars challenge in MyCAREER mode.
  • Improved performance in The Park by fixing a number of hitches that would occur during gameplay.
  • Fixed an issue where the title would be unresponsive when booted without being signed into a profile.
  • Fixed an issue where the game would occasionally exit out shortly after boot when there was a large number of content update notifications queued up.
  • Corrected an issue where thumbnails in the MyPLAYER Store and Dressing Room would fail to appear in some cases.
NOTE: All patch fixes are intended to work in your existing game mode saves (MyCAREER, MyGM, etc.).

How is the patch working for you? Give us your impressions in the comments!

Game: NBA 2K14Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Wii U / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 98 - View All
NBA 2K14 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 threattonature @ 01/23/14 10:00 PM
I'm guessing they didn't fix the mycareer issue of where your player doesn't get subbed out of the game so you end up playing all 48 minutes.

# 42 Rback21 @ 01/23/14 10:14 PM
My career is still broken. I still can't play a game that I actually put time AND money in after I paid a little change for some extra VC. Money "donated" to 2Ksports...

# 43 WarlordZMaster @ 01/23/14 10:17 PM
Have not tried it yet. Does our MyPlayer have his wardrobe back (not that I have much)? Pretty lame in Park when everyone is in default grey, looks like a prison yard!

# 44 WaddupCouzin @ 01/23/14 10:26 PM
According to Ronnie, Jerseys are going to be released overnight. Seems like all the jerseys are going to be available after tonight.

# 45 DIESEL @ 01/23/14 10:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sword1986
Are headbands fixed? This is my only gripe. If I see Melo or LeBron without a headband in MyGM, I will trade it in for The Show.
Operation Sports in the year 2014.

# 46 WaddupCouzin @ 01/23/14 10:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DIESEL
It's the important things! Lol!

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

# 47 WaddupCouzin @ 01/23/14 10:34 PM
Quote:
Are headbands fixed? This is my only gripe. If I see Melo or LeBron without a headband in MyGM, I will trade it in for The Show.

Is it confirmed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIESEL
It's the important things! Lol!

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

# 48 scottyp180 @ 01/23/14 10:43 PM
Gotta argee with most of what you're saying. I hate to bring this up but remember the days before patches? When the game you bought was the game you had no matter what issues it had. I don't know if I'm lucky and haven't encountered any of these game breaking bugs or if they just aren't as major as some people have made them out to be but I have been enjoying the game since I got it. When it comes to in game gameplay I have no complaints (in terms of bugs, there's always room for improvement in terms of gameplay).

You made a valuable point in reminding people that this was a launch game for a new generation of console and it was not a direct port. 2k was ambitious and changed up their two biggest game modes and added a whole new online mode, as well as really upping the graphics and gameplay. While there are certaintly issues with the game its in a good position to be a great game for 2k15. All they need to do is fix the bugs and then make some all around improvements and it will be a fantastic game.

My biggest problem with the complaints is that some people make it seem like 2k is purposely sabotaging the game. As if they wanted to release a game with bugs instead of releasing a great product. The problem with being a launch title for new systems is that there is a time constraint and its unfamilar technology. Give them time if you aren't satisfied with the game then give the game up and wait until next year.

# 49 Knee_Grow_Pleas @ 01/23/14 10:44 PM
What a joke 2k... Can anyone tell me what I missed...? My player is STILL rated 25 overall.... When are they gonna put a patch out for that...?

# 50 ourpurpose @ 01/23/14 10:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moegames
Guys...this is a "new" generation. I've always experienced things like this with especially new generation "launch games". So if this year's game is a bit jacked up,etc,etc...so be it.

Like another poster said above...some of you guys are just plain spoiled and whiny like a girl. (no offense) ..just keeping it real, folks. I mean really...do you not care how some of you are behaving like spoiled rotten women? Granted..some of you just want a great playing game..heck we ll do but given the circumstances of this new generation ..we need to be a bit more patient for NBA2k next gen to come into its own in the next year or two.

Over the years 2k has delivered pretty good B-Ball games and for them to drop the ball on a "launch year" of new generation of consoles, I can be a bit more forgiving. I guess i just sense a bunch of spoiled people that are not looking at the whole picture here. Just about ALL launch games on both X1 and PS4 had a boat load of bugs or visuals were greatly lackluster.

The one thing i noticed with a all launch games was that either the dev's ported over the exact same assets from last gen and did very little to gameplay (madden and DR3 for example) or dev's put in a ton of work into the visuals but did little to make the game play great (Killzone, NBA2k) for examples...although i still gotta give 2k a bit more credit because not only did they bring over brand new engine and visuals but also added to the gameplay in more aspects than other developers have with these next generation launch games but 2k just happened to drop the ball on a lot of bugs and flaws with this years edition of NBA2k.

So you know what guys...especially you cry babies whining about missing clothing accessories,etc with some players and teams....stop it! just stop the crying, some of you so called "men" are worse than my ex-girlfriend that i had to drop like a bad habit because she was nothing but a complaining B.I.T.C.H. if you get my drift.

Chill out and just remember 2k will redeem itself next year now that they will have more time Some of you guys forget that 2k did not get their full year of development time as per usual. Not only that but having to deal with two new consoles on top of it that have slightly different power performances with PS4 being a fairly more powerful machine..If you guys know anything about game development...I guarantee you would be a bit more forgiving towards 2Ksports here.
Love the satire...

Why would anyone who is rational defend this game? I understand constructive criticism is the preferred course of action, but people are just venting from how poorly 2k has handled this.

Honestly, I am more annoyed by people such as yourself attempting to persuade the masses they are out of order or just expecting too much.

When I look at OS, I see a website full of devoted sports gaming fans. What does this mean? It means that many of us have purchased this game for years, some even dating back to NBA 2k's inception (myself included). I am sure this site has numerous members who have spent over $500 dollars on 2k games alone.

Which brings me to my next point...

The reason so many of us are upset with 2k...

Next Gen 2k struggles in nearly aspect of the game. These aspects include game modes, game play (many seem mesmerized by the graphics and are letting this cloud their judgement), options, etc. The most frustrating part with all of these problems, 2k doesn't seem to care (response time). The only priority of 2k, was ensuring VC was working properly.

# 51 HowDareI @ 01/23/14 11:43 PM
My 3 MyCareer files got corrupted a week before Christmas...gonna dl this update and see if it's fixed..

Too bad it's been stuck on "Installing... 98%" for like 10 minutes.

# 52 jonesha2000 @ 01/23/14 11:52 PM
Questioning someone's manhood definitely seems a bit over the top but whatever...this is probably one of the poorest efforts ever. My problem is the way 2k handled the situation. Blowing up the social media with the hype train and then disappeared when the issues surfaced. I don't even play all the modes on the game but just from reading about the issues I would be pretty pissed myself. And not being able to do local saves when 2k is KNOWN for their terrible servers was just brilliant.

I do understand this is a launch title but they are already going backwards. This game DID NOT play this way at launch. The game was incredibly different and now it seems it has reverted back to the same crap that plagued last gen. I'm wondering if I deleted all the patches if it will go back to the gameplay on release date. Call me crazy but again I say this game played WAY better on release date.

# 53 HowDareI @ 01/24/14 12:12 AM
Well hey, what do you know. Still doesn't freakin work.

I'm gonna go beat the hell outta my punching bag for a little bit then write back to 2K after I calmed down. lol

# 54 Prospect357 @ 01/24/14 12:12 AM
I started up my PS$ & 2k began downloading something its 2GBs of data hope its not patch #3 again, cause patch #4 didnt have much 2 it so I don't think it will be 2GBs. But I'm downloading something it maybe patch #4. Is anyone else getting the same message?

# 55 HowDareI @ 01/24/14 12:30 AM
Another follow-up: My PF and PG files don't work but for some reason my SF file does.

I don't understand how the patch works but I'm still mad I lost 2 files with about 100,000 EARNED VC put into them.

# 56 brianisyoking @ 01/24/14 12:31 AM
FINALLY only 2 months of No MyGM/MyCareer is OVER!

# 57 Lenkbron @ 01/24/14 12:31 AM
Quote:

Is it confirmed?
That's what i also would like to know.

# 58 Prospect357 @ 01/24/14 12:38 AM
I don't know what's goin on w/ this weird game but, it's now installing the game all over again when it's already on the PS4 hard drive. Don't know what patch it downloaded, I've never experienced nothing like this. #WASTE

# 59 CoachDavid @ 01/24/14 01:04 AM
I saw the unapologetic patch announcement. Thats ok. I was going to download the patch play the game and punish 2k next year. I didnt redeem any of the crappy point codes. I play the game because of the level up my player.
I go in the game. Dressing room broken... Thats ok not important to me. Start my next game... Success. I was rusty as hell. I guess after nearly a month of not being able to play this is to be expected. Well something seem different, or is that me just getting used to playing. Well not much fixed. I didnt notice if they acually fixed the subbing, not yet anyway. Finish three games. Something must be different, but I am sure, dead sure that if 2k does not release a few more patches which improve the game. I will not spend money on next years game.
I payed full price for the game and was surprised I got a free to play game.
Do I need to get raped when all I do is give 2k 60 bucks for an anual patch with rosters? Dont get me wrong the last two years have been pleasant surprises.... BUT last year we got what 2 patches and VCs. This year we are at patch 4 but all of which were to makr the game playable.
I am done if we get the shaft... Again

# 60 dalastkiller @ 01/24/14 01:20 AM
They need to move all the devs who work on new My Team Packs and new My Player team clothes to work on the patches, cause that's the only f'ing thing that works properly in this game...it's ri-got-dam-diculous that 2 of the 4/5 game modes are broken but we keep getting announcements popping up for discount sales. I've started 5 myGM modes in the last week and each one keeps getting corrupted, I'm scared as hell to even try my My Career mode that's in year 5 for fear of spreading the corruption.

Oh yeah, I like how in the patch notes they say SOME users.... don't want to admit that it is MOST or ALL do they?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.