Home
NBA 2K14 News Post

2K Sports released patch number four for NBA 2K14 this afternoon for Xbox One users. No timetable on when PS4 users will get the patch, but 2K says it is coming 'soon'.

Here are the notes:

• Addressed an issue where some users were unable to load/play any previously saved files.
  • Addressed an issue where some users were unable to properly negotiate contracts in MyGM.
  • Users are now able to advance to the next round of the playoffs when playing the series deciding game in MyGM.
  • Addressed an issue with Friend invites that was preventing some users from entering into Head-to-Head and Team-Up matchmaking.
  • Corrected a case where the game would exit out after the first change of possession during the Rising Stars challenge in MyCAREER mode.
  • Improved performance in The Park by fixing a number of hitches that would occur during gameplay.
  • Fixed an issue where the title would be unresponsive when booted without being signed into a profile.
  • Fixed an issue where the game would occasionally exit out shortly after boot when there was a large number of content update notifications queued up.
  • Corrected an issue where thumbnails in the MyPLAYER Store and Dressing Room would fail to appear in some cases.
NOTE: All patch fixes are intended to work in your existing game mode saves (MyCAREER, MyGM, etc.).

How is the patch working for you? Give us your impressions in the comments!

Game: NBA 2K14Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Wii U / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 98 - View All
NBA 2K14 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 FedExPope @ 01/24/14 02:13 AM
These couple of fixes are 1200+MB? Ooookay...was also disheartening that you couldn't even advance in the playoffs, at least they fixed it, I suppose...

# 62 Rell7thirty @ 01/24/14 02:18 AM
This "patch" is a slap in the face.

# 63 Black81984 @ 01/24/14 02:46 AM
Wish I could just run a freaking league on my xbox one this is sad.

# 64 NZ Buccaneer @ 01/24/14 03:09 AM
No change at all for me

Default clothing
Can't join friends online
Corrupted saves
No NBA highlights

Good patch....

Edit: I tried deleting and reinstalling the game completely, and it seems to have fixed my issues (not including corrupted saves)

Second edit: back to square one this morning. Patch has had no impact for me, none of my issues fixed

# 65 I_AM_KING @ 01/24/14 03:29 AM
on XB1 controller still cutting off when you're shooting the ball unless its plugged up this the only game i can't use the wireless controller without it ****ing up damn shame 2K developers

# 66 CujoMatty @ 01/24/14 04:13 AM
No doubt in my mind 2k knows things are in rough shape. But ugh, from a business side not much they can say. I would love ronnie or someone say they *&#@ up but honestly it is what it is. Its not like they didnt try. Some really poor design desicions were made but to turn on themselves now no matter how they feel makes zero sense. Say nothing, hopefully change whats wrong and reap the praises from everyone when its done right. I truly believe thats what they do and i hope im not wrong. To come out at this point and admit the faults is opening so many doors to bad things its crazy. Nba2k has been riding a major high for so many years. Im pissed too people but EVERY franchise has effed up. EVERY ONE. This whole screw 2k im not buying it ever again nonsense has to stop. If all the VC money grab stuff is so prominent next year ill grab a pitch fork and join the mob but for now im willing to chalk the VC debacle as a mistake and the problems with the game as new generation growing pains. I see all these hardcore 2k fans so angry and ready to pull the chute on the franchise and its a little ridiculous.

fifa was praised on next gen but its honestly not a whole lot different from current gen. Madden was ripped a new one cause its the same as current gen. Nba2k tried to make a completely different experience than current gen and succeded in many ways. I remember when NHL adapted the skill stick and it was praised. So much that EA was so happy with the product they put the guy who came up with it(David Lipman or however you spell it) in charge of Nba Elite and it was a bust. What im saying is if you dont try things your called "stale". 2k could easily have done this with no competition but they didnt.

Honestly at this point with all the negative feedback im sure they wish they just ported current gen and put a little fresh paint on what was working. I for one am glad they didnt. Change comes with risk some good some bad. I think we are set up for the future. The best way we all learn is from our mistakes. If next year we are still at this point then ya, im gonna rethink my future purchases but as of now alot of people are sounding like spoiled brats. Just sayin.

# 67 jdawgkemp @ 01/24/14 04:33 AM
Still not able to connect to the 2k server 90% of the time...stuck playing with default rosters...

Please just fix the damn game...

# 68 Gramps91 @ 01/24/14 06:46 AM
if there is ever a point where the game actually works and they put cpu vs cpu back in GM mode then I'd be happy with it. Until then, nope and sticking with current gen.

# 69 El_Poopador @ 01/24/14 07:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cujomatty
No doubt in my mind 2k knows things are in rough shape. But ugh, from a business side not much they can say. I would love ronnie or someone say they *&#@ up but honestly it is what it is. Its not like they didnt try. Some really poor design desicions were made but to turn on themselves now no matter how they feel makes zero sense. Say nothing, hopefully change whats wrong and reap the praises from everyone when its done right. I truly believe thats what they do and i hope im not wrong. To come out at this point and admit the faults is opening so many doors to bad things its crazy. Nba2k has been riding a major high for so many years. Im pissed too people but EVERY franchise has effed up. EVERY ONE. This whole screw 2k im not buying it ever again nonsense has to stop. If all the VC money grab stuff is so prominent next year ill grab a pitch fork and join the mob but for now im willing to chalk the VC debacle as a mistake and the problems with the game as new generation growing pains. I see all these hardcore 2k fans so angry and ready to pull the chute on the franchise and its a little ridiculous.

fifa was praised on next gen but its honestly not a whole lot different from current gen. Madden was ripped a new one cause its the same as current gen. Nba2k tried to make a completely different experience than current gen and succeded in many ways. I remember when NHL adapted the skill stick and it was praised. So much that EA was so happy with the product they put the guy who came up with it(David Lipman or however you spell it) in charge of Nba Elite and it was a bust. What im saying is if you dont try things your called "stale". 2k could easily have done this with no competition but they didnt.

Honestly at this point with all the negative feedback im sure they wish they just ported current gen and put a little fresh paint on what was working. I for one am glad they didnt. Change comes with risk some good some bad. I think we are set up for the future. The best way we all learn is from our mistakes. If next year we are still at this point then ya, im gonna rethink my future purchases but as of now alot of people are sounding like spoiled brats. Just sayin.
if it was just a few bugs and glitches it would be fine. but what people are upset about is that the game doesnt actually work most of the time. growing pains are one thing. but to have the game and literally not be able to play some/most of the modes is not growing pains. that is simply a broken product.

# 70 Noel. @ 01/24/14 07:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by knick9mm
I wonder if players are still losing their headbands in MyGM

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
This! What the hell? I just saw Melo without his headband and I was like "what the hell" and had to check the roster I used for MYGM and nope, it's not the roster.

# 71 cwash020 @ 01/24/14 08:30 AM
This is probably an unpopular opinion but if you guys have had issues with MyGM and MyPlayer (i.e. kickbacks to title screen, losing saves, contract negotiations, being unable to advance, etc...) and now they work properly - should you really be complaining that much? Those were MAJOR issues. Not sure if it's fair to expect 2K to drop a patch that address functionality AND on top of that gameplay fixes. Now, on the other hand - if you are still experiencing the same issues from before then by all means go nuts!

# 72 Smirkin Dirk @ 01/24/14 08:33 AM
Something Ive noticed. I know they said no gameplay changes. But...

1. Lots of ball warping.

2. The fast break set plays (where your bigs would set picks in transition) has completely disappeared.

# 73 KyotoCarl @ 01/24/14 08:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NZ Buccaneer
No change at all for me

Default clothing
Can't join friends online
Corrupted saves
No NBA highlights

Good patch....

Edit: I tried deleting and reinstalling the game completely, and it seems to have fixed my issues (not including corrupted saves)
Corrupted saves don't seem to be 2K's. Sony issued a statement that it is a firmware issue on the ps4. I'll see if I can find the announcement.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

# 74 Ponchito @ 01/24/14 09:18 AM
Could someone please confirm if they can now advance in the Playoffs on MyGM?

# 75 PhatOldMan @ 01/24/14 09:48 AM
"Corrected an issue where thumbnails in the MyPLAYER Store and Dressing Room would fail to appear in some cases."

Not fixed for me either.

# 76 James0 @ 01/24/14 09:49 AM
Can any XB1 users tell me if any face scans (Glen Davis, Corey Brewer) have been corrected?

# 77 PhatOldMan @ 01/24/14 09:51 AM
I still get this crap. Anyone else?

# 78 Matt1108g @ 01/24/14 09:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponchito
Could someone please confirm if they can now advance in the Playoffs on MyGM?
Yes. I haven't had any complaints post-patch. I was able to resume my GM after waiting for this patch. So far, so good.

MyCareer is now working again, also. Before the patch I would be immediately kicked to the main menu whenever I tried to open mycareer, and since the patch I've played a few games without a hitch. Pleasantly surprised. I can now play the game for the first time in a few weeks.

# 79 WaddupCouzin @ 01/24/14 10:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMBrown
But the rest of the stuff folks are complaining about does affect the gameplay,sport. But nice try attempting to pick out something minor to try and make your point.
Yeah, but there are ALOT of minor nitpick like headbands and shoestring, and ish that does make me Smh. If you can't get play the game, that's an issue, if the headband is missing, that's not a Game killer.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

# 80 cwash020 @ 01/24/14 10:24 AM
For the record, I won't resort to calling anyone spoiled brats as I understand the frustrations. I just got the game, so I have not had to endure all the pain. But I just think it's a bit much to ask 2k to fix issues that are breaking the game AND gameplay issues all with the same patch. I mean - what do you expect?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.