Home
NBA 2K14 News Post

NBA 2K14 patch #4, which was released about a week ago for Xbox One users, is available now for PS4. Let us know if it fixed the issues you were having. Official fix list below.
  • Addressed an issue where some users were unable to load/play any previously saved files.
  • Addressed an issue where some users were unable to properly negotiate contracts in MyGM.
  • Users are now able to advance to the next round of the playoffs when playing the series deciding game in MyGM.
  • Addressed an issue with Friend invites that was preventing some users from entering into Head-to-Head and Team-Up matchmaking.
  • Corrected a case where the game would exit out after the first change of possession during the Rising Stars challenge in MyCAREER mode.
  • Improved performance in The Park by fixing a number of hitches that would occur during gameplay.
  • Fixed an issue where the title would be unresponsive when booted without being signed into a profile.
  • Fixed an issue where the game would occasionally exit out shortly after boot when there was a large number of content update notifications queued up.
  • Corrected an issue where thumbnails in the MyPLAYER Store and Dressing Room would fail to appear in some cases.

NOTE: All patch fixes are intended to work in your existing game mode saves (MyCAREER, MyGM, etc.).

Game: NBA 2K14Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Wii U / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 98 - View All
NBA 2K14 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 Coolade @ 02/02/14 09:55 AM
For those of you who want to call plays or automatic playcalling, they won't fix it because there is a signature skill that costs 5000 VC to call plays on the court from any position. It is what it is. Did this patch fix the trade logic? 40 games into my season as a PG with the kings, after i won the starting position, the kings traded for FIVE backup PGs, and then moved me to SG in the middle of the season. Game is INCREDIBLY broken.

# 42 RangersCruz @ 02/02/14 10:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolade
For those of you who want to call plays or automatic playcalling, they won't fix it because there is a signature skill that costs 5000 VC to call plays on the court from any position. It is what it is. Did this patch fix the trade logic? 40 games into my season as a PG with the kings, after i won the starting position, the kings traded for FIVE backup PGs, and then moved me to SG in the middle of the season. Game is INCREDIBLY broken.
Does that thing actually work though in your experience?

# 43 j3nkins29 @ 02/02/14 01:42 PM
Can't believe I wasted 10,000 VC on the on court coach sig skill. When I have the ball and try to call a play for myself it is broken. I press L1, then when I try to press X,O,Square, or Triangle for the play, instead of calling the play it makes me do the action for that button instead. Just now I was trying to call the play assigned to the square button but instead of calling the play I launched a full court shot. Guess I will just have to stick to holding L1 so that it runs the best play. There is no way that this should be broken considering how much VC it costs to get it. I have not played My Career in 2k14 nearly as much as previous games because there are no plays being called. I thought on court coach would be the answer and make the mode more enjoyable again but it is broken. Let's hope 2k gets their act together with 2k15. I feel there is no more hope at this point that many of these things will ever be addressed or function properly in NBA 2k14, and don't get me started on the lack of Player of the Game and Post game highlights. SMH.

# 44 RangersCruz @ 02/02/14 01:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by j3nkins29
Can't believe I wasted 10,000 VC on the on court coach sig skill. When I have the ball and try to call a play for myself it is broken. I press L1, then when I try to press X,O,Square, or Triangle for the play, instead of calling the play it makes me do the action for that button instead. Just now I was trying to call the play assigned to the square button but instead of calling the play I launched a full court shot. Guess I will just have to stick to holding L1 so that it runs the best play. There is no way that this should be broken considering how much VC it costs to get it. I have not played My Career in 2k14 nearly as much as previous games because there are no plays being called. I thought on court coach would be the answer and make the mode more enjoyable again but it is broken. Let's hope 2k gets their act together with 2k15. I feel there is no more hope at this point that many of these things will ever be addressed or function properly in NBA 2k14, and don't get me started on the lack of Player of the Game and Post game highlights. SMH.
you did this after the patch? if it doesn't work im not wasting vc on that crap

# 45 j3nkins29 @ 02/02/14 02:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangersCruz
you did this after the patch? if it doesn't work im not wasting vc on that crap
No, it was before the second patch I believe. I have been hoping after each patch that it may have been fixed. I have barely touched My Career this year because of the issue with plays not being called.

# 46 RangersCruz @ 02/02/14 02:33 PM
Quote:
No, it was before the second patch I believe. I have been hoping after each patch that it may have been fixed. I have barely touched My Career this year because of the issue with plays not being called.
Ok im wondering if it works after this patch

# 47 j3nkins29 @ 02/02/14 02:45 PM
Quote:
Ok im wondering if it works after this patch
I am playing My Career right now and it is still not working. I feel like maybe the plays just don't work the same as they did in previous games. I will be moving around the court then the play vision will randomly pop up for me to curl around screens from time to time. I wish it worked liked it did in previous games where as the point guard was bringing the ball up the floor it designated the spot for you to go on the court to initiate the play.

I still cannot manually call plays for myself though. I can bring up the play menu but cannot actually select a play for myself or any of my teammates. What I am doing right now is when the ball is passed to me I hold down L1 for quick play and a play will usually run. I guess it is better than nothing.

# 48 DJ_Solis @ 02/02/14 02:53 PM
Quote:
I am playing My Career right now and it is still not working. I feel like maybe the plays just don't work the same as they did in previous games. I will be moving around the court then the play vision will randomly pop up for me to curl around screens from time to time. I wish it worked liked it did in previous games where as the point guard was bringing the ball up the floor it designated the spot for you to go on the court to initiate the play.

I still cannot manually call plays for myself though. I can bring up the play menu but cannot actually select a play for myself or any of my teammates. What I am doing right now is when the ball is passed to me I hold down L1 for quick play and a play will usually run. I guess it is better than nothing.

I've been debating wether or not I should get this skill. Let me get this clear. You can't call manual plays but you can use the smart play thing? I think that might be enough for me to get it because I'm tired of my team just standing around. How do the plays run? Do they break easily?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 49 tabarnes19_SDS @ 02/02/14 03:09 PM
I know everyone complained about the number of trades before. But post patch season one saw one trade. Jeremy Lamb for V.Carter. I really hope that is an aberration.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

# 50 j3nkins29 @ 02/02/14 03:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_Solis
I've been debating wether or not I should get this skill. Let me get this clear. You can't call manual plays but you can use the smart play thing? I think that might be enough for me to get it because I'm tired of my team just standing around. How do the plays run? Do they break easily?

That is correct. You can call quick plays but it does not work every time. But there is no way for you to call manual plays with the play menu. It will pop up when you press L1 and then press the button for the corresponding player, but you are never able to actually call the play. Like I said above it is better than nothing. I also go to options and in the coach profile put run plays to 100. Do not know if that actually does anything or not though.

# 51 RangersCruz @ 02/02/14 03:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tabarnes19
I know everyone complained about the number of trades before. But post patch season one saw one trade. Jeremy Lamb for V.Carter. I really hope that is an aberration.

Yeah the trades amount was fixed a while ago

# 52 tabarnes19_SDS @ 02/02/14 03:26 PM
Quote:
Yeah the trades amount was fixed a while ago
I personally don't think that is fixed. Teams trade in the nba all the time to build for the future, set up for cap space, or put pieces in place for a run.

One trade...a sg for a slightly higher rated older shooting gaurd...is not great team building logic.

How many trades have occured in the real nba this year? Alot more than 1.

# 53 RangersCruz @ 02/02/14 03:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tabarnes19
I personally don't think that is fixed. Teams trade in the nba all the time to build for the future, set up for cap space, or put pieces in place for a run.

One trade...a sg for a slightly higher rated older shooting gaurd...is not great team building logic.

How many trades have occured in the real nba this year? Alot more than 1.

I made a few my career files at least in that mode trades are down to what they were compared to before big time.

# 54 tabarnes19_SDS @ 02/02/14 03:38 PM
Quote:
I made a few my career files at least in that mode trades are down to what they were compared to before big time.
Trades being toned down is ok, but the way it is now there basically is no trades...1 trade all season for the entire league !

All team building is gone!

# 55 BaseballCtchr @ 02/02/14 08:57 PM
So I'm connected to the internet but not getting a prompt to download the patch. I have version 1.04 when I go look. I think I have it but was wondering if someone could confirm that's correct.

# 56 grlacher @ 02/02/14 09:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooke2011
Can you explain how different....did you notice less sliding and more weight to the players. At work right now....won't get to try this till the A.m.

Thanks
Yes less sliding and players do seem better weighted to me but I was losing the ball a lot more though. Also more penalties . Player don't get into the paint as easy they will pull up and shoot a lot more . I have had some really competitive games . The comeback A.I. is toned down . I haven't had too many games where I was just blown out . I'm really enjoying the game now . This is with the sliders I don't know what it is like right out of the box . Just follow his settings even with the default rosters . http://www.operationsports.com/forum...asics-ps4.html . I play 12 min quarters with the game speed at 70. I know it seems fast but with the changes to the quickness and speed sliders it feels right .

# 57 Lenkbron @ 02/02/14 09:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sword1986
Finally! My only gripe was the headband glitch and it's fixed! I love it! Played five games in MyGM so far, loving it. Yes!!!!!
Cool I was also hoping that they fix it, good to know it is. Haven't turned on my PS4 the last few days.

# 58 StacksOfHighSociety @ 02/02/14 11:29 PM
Wait a minute. I started back to playing my MyGM playoffs post patch. I played 3 games and saved them. Now I went back to play the last game of round 2, and it only shows that I played one game. It's still broken. When will they get this right?

# 59 uQuickSix @ 02/02/14 11:57 PM
I'm thinking rebounding for 7 footers might have been tweaked a bit. MyPlayer was having a horrible time trying to rebound before and now I'm getting 9+ boards a game since the patch.

# 60 DJ_Solis @ 02/03/14 01:50 AM
Ever since this patch mycareer has been weird for me. We're giving up a lot of offensive rebounds which had never been a problem before and were missing almost all of our threes. I've played maybe 5 games since the patch and now my team shoots around 50% on fts. Even my ft percentage has gone down in this stretch with a 90 rating. Wtf? None of this had been an issue before. I'm not saying my team should be making everything but I want my team to at least make fts. Anyways, I was just wondering if anyone else has seen anything similar.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.