Home
Out of the Park Baseball 15 News Post

Last week, Out of the Park Baseball 15 was announced (unsurprisingly), as were some of its key new features.

Without any more information than what was presented, here are some quick opinions on this stellar series’ new additions.

Read More - OOTP 15: Feature Breakdown

Game: Out of the Park Baseball 15Reader Score: Vote Now
Platform: iOS / Mac / PCVotes for game: 0 - View All
Member Comments
# 1 tarek @ 02/03/14 06:04 PM
I'm most excited about the 3D features. I play alot of football manager and personally think the 3D game engine adds so much excitement and immersion to the game.
It's important for the OOTP team to approach this new aspect properly, and I think following the FM model is a good idea. For example, the option choices will be huge. The options I'd be expecting would be Full - Single Pitch - Highlights - None. Those four options will allow players to tailor their experience on the fly. e.g. for a normal game you might just want highlights, and the rest 2D. For a playoff game you might want single pitch, so you see the action on every at-bat. For a deciding playoff game you might switch to full, because you want to enjoy every up and down and twist and turn for that pressure filled game.

As the 3D engine gets better over the years, with animated personnel and added features it will be amazing.

# 2 bwburke94 @ 02/03/14 08:03 PM
I'll keep the #TurnOffLeagueEvolution campaign going for another year, it seems...

# 3 ngreatshark @ 02/04/14 07:45 PM
3d kind of scares me for this game. Seems like when you start putting that in it becomes less a matter of statistics & metadata, dice rolls and random events out of the formula of generating the outcomes, and makes everything seems more canned and "scripted" in order to support the 3d animations that I'm sure somebody put considerable time and effort to put in the game, and to make sure they see the results of all their labor. Then at some point it will just progress into being another baseball video game like The Show, in that case I could just do the same thing by letting the CPU play all the games.

# 4 Knight165 @ 02/04/14 09:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ngreatshark
3d kind of scares me for this game. Seems like when you start putting that in it becomes less a matter of statistics & metadata, dice rolls and random events out of the formula of generating the outcomes, and makes everything seems more canned and "scripted" in order to support the 3d animations that I'm sure somebody put considerable time and effort to put in the game, and to make sure they see the results of all their labor. Then at some point it will just progress into being another baseball video game like The Show, in that case I could just do the same thing by letting the CPU play all the games.

Ummmmm......that's what OOTP does now.....while The Show is the one with real user input.
I'm not sure of your point here now.

M.K.
Knight165

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.