01:31 PM - February 7, 2014 by MMChrisS
What is so fascinating about the Winter Olympics?
Maybe it's the fact we get to sit in warm climates or heated living rooms while watching athletes freeze their buns off. Perhaps it's the fast-paced action of of speed skating or incredible rush of watching someone zoom down a steep mountainside -- sometimes followed by a sudden launch into the crisp air.
For others, like myself, it's the "Hey, I could do that!" sports like curling which thrive on technique and strategy. Or maybe it's just the checkered pants or hot Russian rock pushers.
Sound Off: What is your favorite Winter Olympics sport to watch?
Sports Headlines for February 7, 2014
- Is that even real? A luger loses control and somehow recovers. [Animated Gif]
- The games haven't officially started until the Jamaican bobsled team is on the scene. [Image]
- Did Sochi botch the "Olympic rings" at the opening ceremonies? [Image]
- The Canadian Institute of Diversity with a not-so-subtle message to Russia for the Winter Olympics. [YouTube][NSFW]
- Ski jumping has come a long way since the 1980's. [YouTube]