10:40 AM - February 10, 2014 by aholbert32
EA Sports has released a brand new trailer for EA Sports UFC, along with some additional details, as seen below. Developer Diaries are coming soon featuring dynamic striking, submission battles, Living World and more.
Beyond Fighter Likeness
- Reality is in the details. In the past, games could only recreate certain aspects of an athlete’s likeness. In EA SPORTS UFC, the true essence of each fighter’s appearance has been designed down to the very last detail.
- After scanning fighters using the most advanced capture technology available, our developers have integrated high-res textures and dynamic lighting to bring an unparalleled level of realism to each and every character model in the game.
- EA SPORTS UFC’s advanced capture process goes far beyond the surface to capture unique expressions and reactions, specific to the fighters themselves.
- Instead of generic expressions, UFC stars will react just as they would in real life, providing a true range of emotion and credibility to fighters on the EA SPORTS UFC roster.
- Not only will athletes in EA SPORTS UFC each feature believable looks and personality, expect them to display a sense of awareness and intelligence throughout their fights.
- From eyes that track opponents to facial expressions that change as each fight unfolds, every character in EA SPORTS UFC will act the way they would in a real fight.
- Faces don’t win fights, and for that reason just as much attention has been put into each fighter’s unique physical attributes as we did their features.
- Arms, legs and torsos have all been recreated to scale in-game, providing fighters the same advantages in EA SPORTS UFC that they would have in the real Octagon. Whether you’re powering through takedowns with Benson Henderson’s massive legs, or picking opponents apart with Jon Jones’ reach, every action in the Octagon will feel accurate and authentic.
- The UFC’s biggest personalities all do things a little differently. EA SPORTS UFC has captured hundreds of distinctive fighter animations ranging from walkout rituals to knockout celebrations that make the fighters feel more like themselves than ever before.