Home
EA Sports UFC News Post

EA Sports has released a brand new trailer for EA Sports UFC, along with some additional details, as seen below. Developer Diaries are coming soon featuring dynamic striking, submission battles, Living World and more.

Beyond Fighter Likeness
  • Reality is in the details. In the past, games could only recreate certain aspects of an athlete’s likeness. In EA SPORTS UFC, the true essence of each fighter’s appearance has been designed down to the very last detail.
  • After scanning fighters using the most advanced capture technology available, our developers have integrated high-res textures and dynamic lighting to bring an unparalleled level of realism to each and every character model in the game.
Emotion in Action
  • EA SPORTS UFC’s advanced capture process goes far beyond the surface to capture unique expressions and reactions, specific to the fighters themselves.
  • Instead of generic expressions, UFC stars will react just as they would in real life, providing a true range of emotion and credibility to fighters on the EA SPORTS UFC roster.
Octagon Awareness
  • Not only will athletes in EA SPORTS UFC each feature believable looks and personality, expect them to display a sense of awareness and intelligence throughout their fights.
  • From eyes that track opponents to facial expressions that change as each fight unfolds, every character in EA SPORTS UFC will act the way they would in a real fight.
Reach Advantage
  • Faces don’t win fights, and for that reason just as much attention has been put into each fighter’s unique physical attributes as we did their features.
  • Arms, legs and torsos have all been recreated to scale in-game, providing fighters the same advantages in EA SPORTS UFC that they would have in the real Octagon. Whether you’re powering through takedowns with Benson Henderson’s massive legs, or picking opponents apart with Jon Jones’ reach, every action in the Octagon will feel accurate and authentic.
Signature Moves
  • The UFC’s biggest personalities all do things a little differently. EA SPORTS UFC has captured hundreds of distinctive fighter animations ranging from walkout rituals to knockout celebrations that make the fighters feel more like themselves than ever before.
EA Sports UFC arrives in late Spring for Xbox One and PS4. Quite a few hands-on previews are popping up online today, check them out below.

EA Sports UFC screenshot gallery - Click to view EA Sports UFC screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: EA Sports UFCReader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 7 - View All
EA Sports UFC Videos
Member Comments
# 61 woody2goody @ 02/14/14 01:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redsrule
That sucks. With this "realistic" damage **** they are hyping you would think they could get that into the game. It would be great to see a guy with a nasty cut (assuming the damage works like they said) get stopped by the doctors.
Yeah because it would prove the legitimacy of the damage engine. I want to have to protect a cut for a few rounds if it's bad enough.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

# 62 aholbert32 @ 02/14/14 01:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redsrule
That sucks. With this "realistic" damage **** they are hyping you would think they could get that into the game. It would be great to see a guy with a nasty cut (assuming the damage works like they said) get stopped by the doctors.
The reason they gave for leaving it out was that there is no mid round damage recovery system like in Fight Night. That is a dumb excuse because UFC 3 doesnt have a system like that but it still has realistic stoppages.

# 63 redsrule @ 02/14/14 03:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
The reason they gave for leaving it out was that there is no mid round damage recovery system like in Fight Night. That is a dumb excuse because UFC 3 doesnt have a system like that but it still has realistic stoppages.
That's a garbage excuse. I don't think UFC 3 had a realistic cut stoppage system (iirc it was an auto stoppage on the second time the doctor came in) but it was nice to at least have it in there. How can they spout "as real as it gets" if they don't have something that happens every so often in the game?

# 64 ericem @ 02/15/14 09:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad_Intentions
Excited about the game, however a bit discouraged that the right stick isn't used for striking like in ea mma. I thought that had potential and it really felt fluid. I hope the ground game ends up being deep.
The reason why I was excited that EA got UFC is that I will get to play a next gen updated version of EA MMA. Sadly Total Strikes Control ain't there. This gives me cause to pause.

# 65 DaveDQ @ 02/15/14 01:18 PM
I think its important to refer to the Fight Night game that this team developed, and from there you can base some concern and even skepticism. They went about promoting FNC the same way, zooming in on faces and talking about grimaces and bodies absorbing punches with realistic graphics etc. All those things were there.

Then they said there would be this system of stamina called "anaerobic fatigue," where if you used your arms like a hybrid Rocky Marciano, you would drop heavily in stamina. That never existed in the game. Another was sliders being available for online gyms. That was never there. They talked about Tyson vs Ali again and said each fighter would fight like their respective representation. Meanwhile, it sometimes looked like Tyson's jab was stronger than Ali's.

This is a new contract with UFC, great looking fighter faces and exclusive to next gen systems, so the hype will be there. And I don't mean to be a wet blanket but the exclusion of mid round stoppages reminds me that they have done all this before.

# 66 woody2goody @ 02/15/14 01:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDQ
I think its important to refer to the Fight Night game that this team developed, and from there you can base some concern and even skepticism. They went about promoting FNC the same way, zooming in on faces and talking about grimaces and bodies absorbing punches with realistic graphics etc. All those things were there.

Then they said there would be this system of stamina called "anaerobic fatigue," where if you used your arms like a hybrid Rocky Marciano, you would drop heavily in stamina. That never existed in the game. Another was sliders being available for online gyms. That was never there. They talked about Tyson vs Ali again and said each fighter would fight like their respective representation. Meanwhile, it sometimes looked like Tyson's jab was stronger than Ali's.

This is a new contract with UFC, great looking fighter faces and exclusive to next gen systems, so the hype will be there. And I don't mean to be a wet blanket but the exclusion of mid round stoppages reminds me that they have done all this before.
Apart from the story mode I though FNC wasn't as good as Round 4. Sliders didn't even have much effect, especially for CPU Punch Output.

I have faith with EA UFC though.

# 67 RyanLaFalce @ 02/17/14 04:27 PM
When should we be getting more info about modes and stuff?

# 68 aholbert32 @ 02/17/14 06:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanLaFalce
When should we be getting more info about modes and stuff?

Probably in March. The game doesn't come out until May.

# 69 Find_the_Door @ 02/19/14 05:21 AM
Former top ranked Undisputed player here.

Game looks intriguing, however, the majority of the Hardcore player base couldn't be more upset with this gimmicky auto block parry system. Just go look at the official EA forums. I couldn't agree more with them. Parrying has no place in an MMA game as it's rarely been done in the octagon.... If someone did.... Goodnight.

Pathetic, but what else do you expect from "the company."

# 70 woody2goody @ 02/19/14 01:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batum Shaka Laka
Former top ranked Undisputed player here.

Game looks intriguing, however, the majority of the Hardcore player base couldn't be more upset with this gimmicky auto block parry system. Just go look at the official EA forums. I couldn't agree more with them. Parrying has no place in an MMA game as it's rarely been done in the octagon.... If someone did.... Goodnight.

Pathetic, but what else do you expect from "the company."
The problem with them not telling us much until now is that there isn't even time to get rid of it even when the majority don't like it.

# 71 aholbert32 @ 02/19/14 02:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by woody2goody
The problem with them not telling us much until now is that there isn't even time to get rid of it even when the majority don't like it.

The problem is no one has seen the parry system so their anger is based purely on speculation. People are jumping into conclusions that its going to be exactly like Fight Night because that team is making the game. Also, there are parries in MMA and it happens enough that it should be a part of the game. Should it be a huge part of striking...no. But it should be in the game.

# 72 DaveDQ @ 02/19/14 04:56 PM
Parry needs to be in a fighting game. I don't see how it can't be. Where EA messed it up was with how long the parry window stayed open. I think in FNC it was improved, but there was still too much of a pause.

A parry move sets up a counter strike or MMA counter move. It needs to be there, just in a more realistic fashion.

# 73 Find_the_Door @ 02/19/14 05:30 PM
Quote:
Parry needs to be in a fighting game. I don't see how it can't be. Where EA messed it up was with how long the parry window stayed open. I think in FNC it was improved, but there was still too much of a pause.

A parry move sets up a counter strike or MMA counter move. It needs to be there, just in a more realistic fashion.
No it doesn't - it's not a part of real MMA. Anyone that tries to parry gets ktfo. A true upper body leaning system would be much better.

# 74 aholbert32 @ 02/19/14 05:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batum Shaka Laka
No it doesn't - it's not a part of real MMA. Anyone that tries to parry gets ktfo. A true upper body leaning system would be much better.
Yes it does. Its not the same as boxing but it does happen. I see jabs parried at damn near every ufc event.

# 75 allBthere @ 02/19/14 07:21 PM
Quote:

there should be no pause, a parry is simply a way of not getting hit by a strike - it in no way implicitly allows a fighter more time to get off a shot.

Slipping a punch gives a better counter opportunity to counter not because you pause your opponent, but because your body can already be turned in such a way to allow YOU to strike quicker since you've already started a motion. The perfect example is slipping a right straight and countering with a left hook.

I can't remember seeing a true parry in an MMA event that led to devastating consequences - there may have been, but it's not something that should be in any way elevated over a regular strike landing. Slipping and/or rolling with punches to deliver a counter has greater effect and more than all of that 'beating someone to the punch' and landing fractions of a second before their strike is completed over powers everything.

UFC 2009 pre-patch handled all of that beautifully imo.

you don't need to give a 'penalty' to the strike thrower for being blocked/dodged/parried etc... it just doesn't work that way. Just allow counter strikes to naturally occur.

So if the effect is anything more than miniscule, it's multiplied many times over because this IS a videogame and people can't help but exploit these things because winning trumps everything. That's why I shake my head because it's easier for them to not have a 'system' and they don't seem to realize how damaging the consequences are for long-term pliability. if playing as a counter puncher is the best strategy to win in the game, that's what 90% of people are going to do especially when they find out mounting a smart pressure offensive attack that would find success in real life; is rendered useless in the game.

I hope they minimize it hard core and that I'm crazy wrong about how damaging it will be.

# 76 Oinkersthepig @ 02/19/14 09:24 PM
For those of you worried about the parry system, here is a quote from "Yari" a very reliable mod on the EA UFC forum.

"Hey. I contacted the guy from this hands-on on Twitter: http://www.gameplanet.com.au/xbox-on...-EA-Sports-UFC

What he told me is that parrying is indeed, as we expected, automatic. He told me the problem with the mixed reports on this thing, is because they are changing the system, it was subject to change. He thought they put it on that way (automatic) to showcase the game at work, for the demo.

He closed by saying; "The Director made it very clear to me, that it wouldn't stay that way. I don't know how different it will be though".
--

I'm not going to take guesses as to what the final version of the parry system will be like. I'd like to believe they won't run with it the way it was showcased at the event, but you can never be sure until you see it. I'd only say that it basically renders stand-up useless if it is too effective. And it does not take a genius to understand that.

It's not the best news, but atleast it's better than nothing and it sounds like it will at least change. The question is into what."

This isn't the clearest answer in the world, but to me it sounds like the devs put this auto parry system in to showcase the game better to the media, who may not be very experienced with fighting games. Hopefully they have a timing based parry system, which wouldn't really be parrying, but slipping more so. These guys have all been training in mma and working on this game for a good while, just wait to see what they put out before you judge. I'm looking forward to this game big time.

# 77 Money99 @ 02/20/14 08:29 AM
I'm hoping we get some info about the career mode soon.
I'm a big boxing fan, but if this game has a deep manager or career mode, I might buy it.
(It would also get me excited for what this team could do if it ever continued it's Fight Night series).

# 78 DaveDQ @ 02/20/14 09:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by allBthere
there should be no pause, a parry is simply a way of not getting hit by a strike - it in no way implicitly allows a fighter more time to get off a shot.

Slipping a punch gives a better counter opportunity to counter not because you pause your opponent, but because your body can already be turned in such a way to allow YOU to strike quicker since you've already started a motion. The perfect example is slipping a right straight and countering with a left hook.

I can't remember seeing a true parry in an MMA event that led to devastating consequences - there may have been, but it's not something that should be in any way elevated over a regular strike landing. Slipping and/or rolling with punches to deliver a counter has greater effect and more than all of that 'beating someone to the punch' and landing fractions of a second before their strike is completed over powers everything.

UFC 2009 pre-patch handled all of that beautifully imo.

you don't need to give a 'penalty' to the strike thrower for being blocked/dodged/parried etc... it just doesn't work that way. Just allow counter strikes to naturally occur.

So if the effect is anything more than miniscule, it's multiplied many times over because this IS a videogame and people can't help but exploit these things because winning trumps everything. That's why I shake my head because it's easier for them to not have a 'system' and they don't seem to realize how damaging the consequences are for long-term pliability. if playing as a counter puncher is the best strategy to win in the game, that's what 90% of people are going to do especially when they find out mounting a smart pressure offensive attack that would find success in real life; is rendered useless in the game.

I hope they minimize it hard core and that I'm crazy wrong about how damaging it will be.
I agree. The parry system in FNC was there to enhance what happens when there is a parry. There should not be a pause but they put it in the game to let you know it happened and could counter. It was just way to heavily implemented.

But in any kind of fighting, there is some type of parry. On wrestling, you can parry a take down by pancaking your opponent. I know we are focusing on punches and strikes, and the concern is this silly pause that gives you a window of counter opportunity, but that is what the parry does, it does not pause things but does leave someone vulnerable. To me it's more about how they implement it.

# 79 RyanLaFalce @ 02/20/14 01:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
I'm hoping we get some info about the career mode soon.
I'm a big boxing fan, but if this game has a deep manager or career mode, I might buy it.
(It would also get me excited for what this team could do if it ever continued it's Fight Night series).
It needs a GM mode too!

# 80 Find_the_Door @ 02/20/14 02:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Yes it does. Its not the same as boxing but it does happen. I see jabs parried at damn near every ufc event.
No, swatting jabs down is different from what will be done in this game. In this game it's an auto hard counter that freezes your opponent for an opportunity at a huge counter after successfully parrying.

I other words good luck doubling up your jab or sticking to it on this game. Simply does not happen with any regularity in real life.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.