Home
NBA Live 14 News Post

EA Sports has released NBA Live 14 title update #2 for PS4 users. Once it is available for the Xbox One, we'll update this post.

UPDATE: It is available now for Xbox One users.

Below are some of the details on the update, read the full article here.

ALL-NEW SHOOTAROUND MODE
  • Improve your shooting, dribbling, and offensive moves by selecting any current NBA player and taking to an empty practice gym
  • The mode will improve your game, and also serve as the foundation for NBA LIVE 15
GRAPHICAL IMPROVEMENTS
  • NBA LIVE 14’s lighting system has been updated and re-tuned to help bring the game to life. Color values have been improved to help remove some player’s “plastic” look
  • Tweaked and/or tuned every player and every uniform
  • New lighting improves the skin texture of players, and colors will be more accurate and robust
NEW ACCESSORIES
  • Added official court and jerseys for 2014 NBA All-Star weekend in New Orleans
  • Added new adidas Hardwood Classic uniforms
  • Added new basketball, complete with the signature of the NBA’s new commissioner Adam Silver
IMPROVED CONTROL AND RESPONSIVENESS
  • Tuned first steps and dribble moves (including start and stop) to smooth out animations
  • Improved transitions between animations
PASSING IMPROVEMENTS
  • Players experience increased responsiveness with improvements to ball physics, pass speeds and branch points within animations
  • Ball interacts with rim much more organically. Swishes have been reduced
  • Increased the variety of passing speeds
  • Improved lead passing
LIVE Season
  • Adjusted the camera to address hitches
  • Normal broadcast view has replaced player lock
  • More variety in the types of LIVE Challenges available
Play a few games and tryout the new Shootaround mode and post your impressions here.

NBA Live 14 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA Live 14 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA Live 14 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA Live 14 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NBA Live 14Reader Score: 4/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
NBA Live 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Mintsa @ 02/10/14 01:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
Thank you sir.....they look sweet !

# 22 GisherJohn24 @ 02/10/14 01:59 PM
Does CPU seem to call time outs post patch? Pre patch, I played 10 min quarters, they are lucky to call one time out in a single game and don't make any subs. I hope that is addressed. That also seemed to tell me that fatigue didnt' seem to play much a factor?

# 23 WTF @ 02/10/14 01:59 PM
Yeah, I'm happy those are in. Very slick looking.

I'm actually pleasantly surprised after playing a bit more. Looking forward to more play time this evening.

# 24 jyoung @ 02/10/14 02:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLIGHTWHITE
How are the Baseline high/low cameras now? Lag gone?
The baseline high and baseline low cameras both seem to run the same as before. There is still major frame rate loss and stuttering going on.

Looks like you'll still have to stick with the broadcast cameras to maintain a steady frame rate.

# 25 dewjo @ 02/10/14 02:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
The baseline high and baseline low cameras both seem to run the same as before. There is still major frame rate loss and stuttering going on.

Looks like you'll still have to stick with the broadcast cameras to maintain a steady frame rate.
Have not bought the game but was considering picking it up. I like to play from the baseline cams in basketball games. Are there any vids on the net of NBA Live 14 from the baseline cams to see what it looks like? Every vid on YouTube of NBA Live 14 seems to be from the broadcast camera.

# 26 drew_3 @ 02/10/14 02:18 PM
Oh my god, I wasn't expecting this until tomorrow!! Off to frantically download it now

# 27 GisherJohn24 @ 02/10/14 02:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GisherJohn24
Does CPU seem to call time outs post patch? Pre patch, I played 10 min quarters, they are lucky to call one time out in a single game and don't make any subs. I hope that is addressed. That also seemed to tell me that fatigue didnt' seem to play much a factor?
So any input on the above plz?

# 28 The 24th Letter @ 02/10/14 02:41 PM
King said he didn't see any timeouts called...

SMDH, I an only assume late game\ shot clock A.I hasn't been touched either...

# 29 WTF @ 02/10/14 02:42 PM
For those interested, I just posted several pictures of Lebron, KD, Melo, Westbrook and a few others I believe in the Photo thread showing post lighting update faces.

24th, I've not had a chance to check on the timeout issues. I'm assuming no since King hasn't seen it. I've not had the late game AI issue thankfully, and hopefully this patch doesnt' introduce it for me. That'd be a real kick in the balls.

# 30 jyoung @ 02/10/14 02:55 PM
Two weird things I've noticed with the tweaks they made to passing:

1) If you use the left analog stick for directional passing, you now have to hold down the stick and "follow through" to make sure the icon stays on your intended target, even after pressing the pass button. If you just make a quick flick of the stick to choose your target, hit the pass button, then release the stick back to neutral, your passes will now end up flying all over the place.

2) If you hit the shoot button immediately after catching an icon pass, the recipient will often just throw the ball right back to the passer instead of shooting. This has to be a bug of some kind, because it only seems to happen when you icon pass to the point guard. Other positions don't seem to be affected.

I appreciate the increased zip on passes, as well as the improvements to maintaining forward momentum after catching a pass, but these two new quirks continue to make passing a very frustrating experience in NBA Live 14.

# 31 TerryP @ 02/10/14 02:56 PM
Has the CPU PIP been toned down? I don't own the game, but seem to remember it being a big issue mentioned a lot in the impressions thread.

# 32 jyoung @ 02/10/14 02:57 PM
Another weird thing I noticed playing Ultimate Team is that the white fatigue bar no longer appears on screen inside each player's red circle icon.

Fatigue is definitely still present in the Ultimate Team, though, because you can check everyone's stamina level by holding the left bumper and pressing down on the dpad.

# 33 quehouston @ 02/10/14 03:00 PM
I played a game and and its a whole lot better. Its smoother, the animations aren't as choppy. Passing is faster. Saw a couple new layup animations. The ball/rim physics are a lot more realistic.

One of the biggest issues I had was making one too many passes when inbounding the ball, but that was fixed when I stopped mashing the X button to get it inbounds lol

Live 14 post patch is definitely a respectable basketball game imo. THIS is a good foundation to build on.

# 34 GisherJohn24 @ 02/10/14 03:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
King said he didn't see any timeouts called...

SMDH, I an only assume late game\ shot clock A.I hasn't been touched either...
CPU calling no time outs during a game is quite upsetting. Also means they never sub out either. That's a bit of a bummer

# 35 GisherJohn24 @ 02/10/14 03:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
For those interested, I just posted several pictures of Lebron, KD, Melo, Westbrook and a few others I believe in the Photo thread showing post lighting update faces.

24th, I've not had a chance to check on the timeout issues. I'm assuming no since King hasn't seen it. I've not had the late game AI issue thankfully, and hopefully this patch doesnt' introduce it for me. That'd be a real kick in the balls.
Thanks for posting. Initial screen pics look nice. Worse than no time outs by CPU is the rarity of subbing out players. Argh

# 36 GisherJohn24 @ 02/10/14 03:12 PM
Clipping was a bit noticeable pre patch especially during dunks and instant replays. Would also like to hear if this was addressed in the patch?? Wasn't a major issue, more just cosmetic than anything

# 37 boston3420 @ 02/10/14 03:17 PM

This game is muuuuch better with the update. Beat nuggets 92-97 in a 12min qtr game. PG high with 28 points. The contact animations are much better, fast breaks, rebounding, as well as passing. If they keep this up and improve on things even more for Live 15, bring back the loved team play, and this will be a GREAT game to play imo. It's very fun to play! For most who haven't bought it yet, I think it's worth it.

# 38 GisherJohn24 @ 02/10/14 03:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by boston3420

This game is muuuuch better with the update. Beat nuggets 92-97 in a 12min qtr game. PG high with 28 points. The contact animations are much better, fast breaks, rebounding, as well as passing. If they keep this up and improve on things even more for Live 15, bring back the loved team play, and this will be a GREAT game to play imo. It's very fun to play! For most who haven't bought it yet, I think it's worth it.
Great stuff. Did CPU sub out players by any chance? Fatigue didn't seem to effect much prepatch

# 39 jyoung @ 02/10/14 03:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GisherJohn24
Quote:
Has the CPU PIP been toned down? I don't own the game, but seem to remember it being a big issue mentioned a lot in the impressions thread.
I've played two games against the CPU so far, one on rookie difficulty and one on pro difficulty. No timeouts were called in either game. Honestly, I can't recall a single time the CPU has ever called a time out against me in NBA Live 14.

I saw nothing new in terms of CPU behavior. Their approach to defense feels the same. Their offense is still predominantly isolation basketball, with lots of throwing the ball into the post or standing around on the perimeter dribbling out the shot clock. The baseline spin still seems to be their go-to move in the post. And the CPU will still sometimes get stuck in the backdown animation in the lane, causing itself to take a 3-second violation.

# 40 ifitbeginsitends @ 02/10/14 03:35 PM
jyoung I've had that pass back bug happen to me pre patch for a week or so now. that's definitely not a post patch bug. also it happens to me regardless of who I pass to. it seems like you have to wait a second before you shoot. its almost like the game wants you to slow down.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.