Home
News Post

Do you even dunk, bro? King James does.

Lebron put on an incredible post-practice display with his annual "dunk contest" (see above), reminding fans just how exciting the upcoming All-Star week extravaganza could be. The NBA's Sprite slam dunk contest hasn't fallen away completely in popularity, but some major brand-name talent has been missing in recent years. Thankfully, stars like John Wall, Damian Lillard, and Paul George have joined this year's field of contestants for the February 15 showdown.

But what if LeBron joined the actual competition? Why not have the NBA's most emotion-stirring player get involved with the contest that highlights the game's most powerful play.

Sound Off: Does LeBron James have the skill and creativity to win a slam dunk contest?

Sports Headlines for February 11, 2014

Game: NBAReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: SportsVotes for game: 2 - View All
Member Comments
# 21 SteelersFreak @ 02/12/14 10:21 AM
Whoa, had no idea Willie Green could get up like that.

# 22 King_B_Mack @ 02/12/14 11:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fresh Tendrils
I just people would stop hyping up everything the man does. They were going on about it during the OKC/Portland game last night and Webber was orgasming over LJ's dunk in the Phoenix game.

Personally, I'd rather see lesser known talents showcased during the All-Star weekend than getting blasted by the same familiar faces that we see the rest of the year.
Ehh, kinda defeats the purpose of an "All-Star" weekend if it's flooded with lesser known talents.

# 23 Fresh Tendrils @ 02/12/14 11:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack
Ehh, kinda defeats the purpose of an "All-Star" weekend if it's flooded with lesser known talents.
I suppose. I just envision the All-Star game being the Nike and Adidas roster and then the skills/"not so prime-time' events to be lesser known stars.

# 24 thedream2k13 @ 02/12/14 12:06 PM
would he win YES by popular vote not buy his dunking skill. The guy does basic dunks that happen in normal games and yet because his name is LEBRON people go wild. Gerald green and terrance ross would wipe the floor with lebron in a contest easily

# 25 ProfessaPackMan @ 02/12/14 12:06 PM
Afraid of losing a meaningless dunk contest.

LOL the things people make themselves believe sometimes.

# 26 lilteapot @ 02/12/14 12:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
Afraid of losing a meaningless dunk contest.

LOL the things people make themselves believe sometimes.
Lmao this.

Just accept the fact that he just doesnt WANT to do it. Even if he did do it you'd harp on him for not doing crazier dunks or whatever so just stop complaining about it.

# 27 The 24th Letter @ 02/12/14 12:53 PM
4-5 practice videos have been put up already with players doing this type of stuff already....difference is it isn't headline news...and we don't accuse those players of having insecurities and secret agendas because they post the video...

This reminds me of one of those 2011 discussion where folks were analyzing the legitimacy of LeBrons smile

# 28 ProfessaPackMan @ 02/12/14 03:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeKing
HAHA. The last thing I'm going to do, is be a blind apologist for some athlete who doesn't know I even exist. No thanks.

Like 23 said, LEBRON IS THE ONE who put himself out there that he wanted to do the dunk contest. HE'S THE ONE WHO PUTS ON THESE PREGAME OR POST PRACTICE SHOWS, and then backs down from an official contest.

I guess myself and/or others are the "bad guys" for just merely pointing this out.
Just pass some of that stuff ya'll are smoking over there if you really believe this dude is afraid of losing a meaningless contest LOL.

# 29 ProfessaPackMan @ 02/12/14 04:24 PM
Lol you funny as **** man

I'm not even gonna waste anymore time entertaining that nonsense about him being scared to lose a ****ing dunk contest. GTFO man

# 30 ojandpizza @ 02/12/14 04:27 PM
Quote:
So pregame and post-practice dunk contests are okay, but a legit actual competition is "meaningless" or simply not worth it??

Thing is half the league does this, and LeBron has been doing it for years now. It's ESPN who decides to blow it up and make it a big deal.

Every highschool kid in the nation who can dunk more than likely spend an hour+ after practice doing stuff like this.. You don't think these guys in the league are the same way? Hell half them are still kids and they are living the dream. Why not have some fan after practice.

# 31 lilteapot @ 02/12/14 04:55 PM
Quote:
If it's "meaningless", then why doesn't he enter it instead of CONSTANTLY talking about it or showing videos??

So pregame and post-practice dunk contests are okay, but a legit actual competition is "meaningless" or simply not worth it??

LOL, whaaaaaaattt?
Why you acting like those are both the same things? I would think that an actual dunk contest is vastly different from him just dicking around after practice.

# 32 ojandpizza @ 02/12/14 04:59 PM
Quote:
Let's do the math:

-got dunked on at his camp and wanted the tape confiscated.

-been scared up until recently to take last second shots.

-was even scared to take the last second shot at a flippin' All-Star Game.

And you're going to try and tell me he isn't concerned about his image?!?

Dude is more scared than a little kitten at a pitbull rally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LMAO riiiight

# 33 ProfessaPackMan @ 02/12/14 05:01 PM
Quote:
Just my crappy opinion, man.

You're a good dude. Like going back and forth with some of you guys.
Likewise good sir.

# 34 Finess @ 02/12/14 10:46 PM
Answering the question, HELL no, it's annoying that people want someone who throws down regular dunks 90% of the time to do the Slam Dunk contest.

He has no creativity in his dunks whatsoever, that one Beasley dunk was better than all the dunks LeBron did in that whole video.

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.