Home
MLB 14 The Show News Post

There's a lot to digest folks, so here's my first article for MLB 14 The Show this year. Included is over 1,300 words, a video interview with Ramone Russell, Release Dates, and the new PS3 trailer.

I had hands-on with PS3 and (briefly) PS4, with additional time on both with Ramone. The Vita version was not onsite, but in terms of features, beside the smaller amount of Presentation (as always on Vita) the game is feature-complete across all 3 platforms.

PS Nation - MLB 14 The Show Hands-On Report
(External Link)

Game: MLB 14 The ShowReader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 12 - View All
MLB 14 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 421 Armor and Sword @ 02/15/14 12:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joker232
Hey guys...sorry if this has been commented on.

Has there been anything said about additional stats, at least to the player cards or them being saved from season to season so we can go back to them whenever we want. Why dont they instill stats overlay like the back of baseball cards. Any word on any of this?
I think we will get oodles and oodles of detailed information next week.

# 422 metsfan4life1 @ 02/15/14 01:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor & Sword
I think we will get oodles and oodles of detailed information next week.
Fact sheet monday; oodles and oodles of information.

# 423 mikeq672 @ 02/15/14 01:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factzzz
At this point i worry about graphics wayyy more than gameplay because i already know the gameplay is basically perfect.
I dunno about perfect, but not really what I was talking about anyway

# 424 UNIT-352 @ 02/15/14 02:32 PM
I have been hoping for years that you blast a homer into the stands and have a fan catch the ball, or many fans scatter for the ball and one pick it up. With the mini list coming out I saw that fans can catch foul balls and pick up balls in foul territory.

What are your guys thoughts.

I know it is a "little thing", but think it will make the realism over the top if added

# 425 Factzzz @ 02/15/14 02:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNIT-352
I have been hoping for years that you blast a homer into the stands and have a fan catch the ball, or many fans scatter for the ball and one pick it up. With the mini list coming out I saw that fans can catch foul balls and pick up balls in foul territory.

What are your guys thoughts.

I know it is a "little thing", but think it will make the realism over the top if added
I still haven't seen anything mentioned about fans catching home run balls though.

# 426 og236 @ 02/15/14 02:55 PM
Quote:
I still haven't seen anything mentioned about fans catching home run balls though.

I hope they can Lol Im going to go ahead and assume they'll be able to catch homers since they can catch foul balls.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 427 UNIT-352 @ 02/15/14 03:00 PM
Quote:
I'm trying to find the source now. It said fans can now pick up balls off the field, and can catch foul balls. I am assuming they mean fans can reach over the wall and pick up the foul ball instead of the fan falling onto the field.

But no mention if fans can catch homerun balls

# 428 Curahee @ 02/15/14 03:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNIT-352
I'm trying to find the source now. It said fans can now pick up balls off the field
Visit my YouTube channel. It's in the Podcast video.

# 429 tnixen @ 02/15/14 03:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curahee
Visit my YouTube channel. It's in the Podcast video.

It was posted here
http://www.psnation.com/2014/02/13/m...nds-on-report/

Also I wonder if the first and third base coaches can also pick up foul balls and toss them into the crowd? And lets not forget the Ball boys which have also been added this year

# 430 Blzer @ 02/15/14 03:29 PM
More importantly, it would be nice to hear the announcers acknowledge the distance/location of where a home run ball lands. They had this in 2K4.

It was kind of weird in 2K4 though, because there wasn't any stadium collision detection. So although the game recognized the ball would have gone in the third deck in Yankee Stadium and Jon and Rex talked about it, it still went right through it.

It would just be nice to hear things like: "Just over the fence," "Into the bullpen," "Mid-way up the bleachers," "Off the facade," "On the tracks!" etc.

# 431 UNIT-352 @ 02/15/14 05:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
More importantly, it would be nice to hear the announcers acknowledge the distance/location of where a home run ball lands. They had this in 2K4.

It was kind of weird in 2K4 though, because there wasn't any stadium collision detection. So although the game recognized the ball would have gone in the third deck in Yankee Stadium and Jon and Rex talked about it, it still went right through it.

It would just be nice to hear things like: "Just over the fence," "Into the bullpen," "Mid-way up the bleachers," "Off the facade," "On the tracks!"

etc.
Agreed. Collision detection is so important in regards to balls on home runs...With proper sound effects as well..

# 432 tnixen @ 02/15/14 06:30 PM
PS Nation do you know if the PS3 and PS4 versions will both have the exact same in game stat overlay presentations? Just was wondering because with the power of the PS4 I would expect presentations to look better on PS4.

# 433 Sco291 @ 02/15/14 07:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
"Off the facade," "On the tracks!" etc.
If I heard these words muttered in a baseball game at Yankee Stadium, ...I'd probabaly poop in my pants.

lol.

# 434 garyjr33 @ 02/15/14 09:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSNation
Pretty sure I covered this.

It works both in moving from MLB 14 to MLB 15, and it works visa cloud saves across all 3 version within MLB 14.
You did…which I quoted from the article you wrote to explain to that guy that the pushed back release date wasn't that big of a deal.

# 435 Deetrain1040 @ 02/16/14 05:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregorioz10
I understand all the effort that SCEA puts towards the game but how disappointing...a May release!!!!??? Also don't try to sugar coat it with minor details talking about the grass and the stitches on the hats! I got a PS4 JUST for The Show, oh well i guess the wait will be worth it (
How bad *** is MLB The Show when people are buying $400 game systems for one game. ONE FREEKIN GAME!!!

# 436 JustSteve @ 02/16/14 05:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by metswin3122
Gotta love internet tough guys...

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Tapatalk
I've met Knight IRL and he is in fact a tough guy fireman.

# 437 HustlinOwl @ 02/16/14 06:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deetrain1040
How bad *** is MLB The Show when people are buying $400 game systems for one game. ONE FREEKIN GAME!!!
People were doing that on PS3 nothing new

Sent from my LG-L40G using Tapatalk

# 438 RJ_Teets @ 02/16/14 06:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HustlinOwl

I'm not much into the Legend of Zelda series anymore but when I was I would buy all the systems just for the Legend of Zelda games. Some people just like just one set of games and will follow it system to system. Everyone is sort of unique when it comes to gaming.

# 439 PSNation @ 02/17/14 10:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superbone
I've met Knight IRL and he is in fact a tough guy fireman.
He's a teddy bear....

#Don't hurt me

# 440 Pirate @ 02/17/14 11:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HustlinOwl

I've now done it for both systems... Remote play has been fantastic too...

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.