Home
MLB 14 The Show News Post

MLB 14 The Show finally has a release date: April 1 for PS3/Vita and May for PS4 users.

Check out the trailer for the PS3 version. More to come.

What do you think about the dual release dates?

Game: MLB 14 The ShowReader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 12 - View All
MLB 14 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 21 BKAraujo @ 02/13/14 10:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeatris
I still got my PS3 but no way I'm double dipping. Man this is disappointing to say the least. Well I guess I will just play a whole lot of Titanfall until then. Don't want to change subjects but speaking of Titanfall as much as I was a 360 guy over the PS3 I am so ready to throw the One out the window. I have bout done had it with that damn console.
Why what kind of problems are you having with the Xbone?

# 22 RyanLaFalce @ 02/13/14 10:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOldboy
Not yet, but I'd be very sad if they did not offer this as a first party Sony game. The system is aready in place and worked fine. I used it for AC4. Even if saves don't carry over it would be a nice gesture to fans to allow them to fill the void until the PS4 release for $10 more than they would have to pay for the PS4 game by itself.
I'll definitely buy the PS3 version if there is a $10 upgrade. If there is no upgrade at all, I'll wait for the PS4 version to release.

# 23 MrOldboy @ 02/13/14 10:37 AM
If they are dead set on May (i.e. no delays) it comes no earlier than May 6th and no later than May 27th. Unless they decide to release it on a non-tuesday, which would be very odd.

# 24 Entiae @ 02/13/14 10:37 AM
Fine by me.

I understand how it may be disappointing for some, but with this being the first The Show on the PS4 I can wait a little bit longer and not be too annoyed by it.

# 25 Dodgersnlakers109 @ 02/13/14 10:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckarlic
My first thought after seeing the May release date for the Show on the PS4 was this:

Then I stepped back and looked at the bright side of things. There are some great games coming out for both next gen consoles (ie. Thief, Infamous, Titanfall) in the near future. The May date will give me time to play those games because if history showed me anything, it was that when the Show comes out, that is all I play for the next 8 months or so
Lmao had to bring out my Dude Clay Davis huh? but seriously I don't know wth im going to do till may..I guess ill be getting a ps4 tomorrow just to sit it on my desk till may

# 26 kenkraly2004 @ 02/13/14 10:40 AM
Great news looking forward to MLB 14 The Show on PS4 this May. Disappointed by the May release date but it will be well worth the wait.

# 27 ThaShark28_316 @ 02/13/14 10:42 AM
MLB 14 and Mario Kart 8 in May!!!

# 28 Picci @ 02/13/14 10:46 AM
Lets see, a Vita, PS3 & a Ps4 Version?

# 29 Williekemp15 @ 02/13/14 10:47 AM
Guess ill be getting the PS3 version first glad that saves can carry over to the PS4 version.

# 30 ckarlic @ 02/13/14 10:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Picci
Lets see, a Vita, PS3 & a Ps4 Version?

LOL..My wife's thoughts exactly come April and May

# 31 bronxbombers21325 @ 02/13/14 10:50 AM
I'm not disappointed at all with the April 1st release date for the PS3. As I said in another thread. I never start anything of any importance until after the real season starts anyway. So this just gives me less time to sit and stare at the game wishing I could go ahead and start.

# 32 Dodgersnlakers109 @ 02/13/14 10:50 AM
on the bright side to waiting till may since saves carry over we should already have a decent OSFM when the PS4 version drops...but to be honest I really want to see what the guys do with the all time classic roster on PS4

# 33 Mikeatris @ 02/13/14 10:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BKAraujo
Why what kind of problems are you having with the Xbone?
Too many too explain but I will say this that the 360 was to me like the perfect online gaming system no disrespect to Sony. They should have just built around the build and did it like that. Using the Windows 8 setup as I know they want to migrate all devices to intergrate with each other just completely screwed it up. Problem after nagging problem has just taken its toll on me man. Lately I have been playing more 4 than anything but I will just leave it at that.

# 34 CyberRudy25 @ 02/13/14 10:56 AM
doesnt say much?

# 35 AuditMonkey @ 02/13/14 10:58 AM
I skipped '12 and '13, if I don't get a PS4 is there any reason to update to '14? Game looks the same to me, am I missing any new features if I just keep playing '11? If I get a PS4 I will definitely upgrade but until then I just don't see much that I feel I'm missing out on (especially since I play RTTS and in franchise mode with the Cubs and they just get worse with every new season hahaha).

# 36 JoeCoolMan24 @ 02/13/14 11:02 AM
May release? Welp, there is that kick-in-the-chest we were all expecting with the lack of information about a release date. Seemed obvious we weren't going to hear "Surprise! Good news!".

Disappointed is an understatement right now.

# 37 paulbracciole @ 02/13/14 11:05 AM
seriously the season will be almost half over before the game comes out,let me tell you if your a sports fan and own a new console you have a long weight not far because they knew when these new console's where coming out

# 38 Sip_16 @ 02/13/14 11:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulbracciole
seriously the season will be almost half over before the game comes out,let me tell you if your a sports fan and own a new console you have a long weight not far because they knew when these new console's where coming out
Hey! Leave my weight out of this!

# 39 Pezell04x @ 02/13/14 11:17 AM
I figured it would be a later release as someone mentioned there was history of it when they released a PS2 and PS3 version of the same game. It also gives me more time to save for my PS4.

# 40 jcabler24 @ 02/13/14 11:24 AM
This is extremely disappointing. We are going to be 6 weeks into a season before we get our hands on this.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.