Home
MLB 14 The Show News Post

MLB 14 The Show finally has a release date: April 1 for PS3/Vita and May for PS4 users.

Check out the trailer for the PS3 version. More to come.

What do you think about the dual release dates?

Game: MLB 14 The ShowReader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 12 - View All
MLB 14 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 61 El_MaYiMbE @ 02/13/14 12:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormyhog
They probably want to boost PS3 sales, even though I have a PS3 I'll be holding off til may for the PS4 version. Most of my money goes into PS4 games now not PS3.
If they let us upgrade for $10 (PS3 -> PS4) I will need to borrow one of my cousin's kids PS3, because I would like to play but already traded my PS3 away.

# 62 Shaffer26 @ 02/13/14 12:34 PM
I realize that the May release is a disappointment for some people, but I'm good with it. I mean the fact that most of us wait for OSFM rosters to start anyway(it's not out of the question to see them being close to done by the time the PS4 version is out) and with GPC's cutting down game times, it's not impossible to get back to where the season currently is(if you like mirroring your season to the actual MLB Season).

Overall, this is the best possible May outcome we could have. It's not like we have to start "fresh" in May.

# 63 rkocjay @ 02/13/14 01:07 PM
so can i buy it for vita n continue on my ps4

# 64 nemesis04 @ 02/13/14 01:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkocjay
so can i buy it for vita n continue on my ps4
I don't see why not. It should work the rosters are all compatible across the 3 versions.

# 65 BSUFAN @ 02/13/14 01:20 PM
I am real interested in this " Player Lock " thingy, I hope to hear more details.

# 66 mshoop3 @ 02/13/14 01:26 PM
So with the cloud saving and going from platform to platform, I may have this wrong please inform me if I do, I can buy the ps3 version and start a season and then say im on game 53 and then when ps4 drops load that information of my season the the ps4 and start from game 53?

# 67 Sip_16 @ 02/13/14 01:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSUFAN
I am real interested in this " Player Lock " thingy, I hope to hear more details.
did you watch PS nations video? i thought it explained pretty well if not check it out...obviously more details will come but it basically outlines it there

# 68 BSUFAN @ 02/13/14 01:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sip_16
did you watch PS nations video? i thought it explained pretty well if not check it out...obviously more details will come but it basically outlines it there
I watched it I just want some more info on it

# 69 rdchili96 @ 02/13/14 01:38 PM
"seriously the season will be almost half over before the game comes out,let me tell you if your a sports fan and own a new console you have a long weight not far because they knew when these new console's where coming out"

Yeah, no. It won't even be half over by the time it comes out on PS4, meanwhile the PS3 version will be out less than a month after the season starts.

# 70 N51_rob @ 02/13/14 01:46 PM
Ehh, not really happy about the "May" release w/o an actual date. Nothing I can do about it so I won't bitch about it. None the less color me disappointed.

# 71 DanH35 @ 02/13/14 01:49 PM
I think the reason we didn't get an exact date in May is because they probably know they can get the game finished and released by the end of the month, but are also working their hardest to release it earlier in the month.

# 72 mikeq672 @ 02/13/14 01:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanH35
I think the reason we didn't get an exact date in May is because they probably know they can get the game finished and released by the end of the month, but are also working their hardest to release it earlier in the month.
Ya, I am hoping that breakthrough on the lighting that came the other night helped us get towards early may.

# 73 thescoop @ 02/13/14 01:57 PM
Disappointed in the later release date on PS4 but if that means it will be a better product because the extra time I'll be fine. It will be weird not having a baseball game on opening day, but I'll wait. May needs to hurry up!

# 74 Knight165 @ 02/13/14 02:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSUFAN
I watched it I just want some more info on it
When you start a game(any mode I believe...I know it's in franchise games) you get to choose from 1-3(it was 1-3 in November) players to use.(I think you can switch them on/off....not sure if you can change which ones after you begin)
It is like the RTTS play for the game with that player(s)...and you can either just be involved in his plays or be involved in his plays and watch everything else play out(your teammate AB's from the dugout)...

I forget fielding...but I believe it's like RTTS.

Pretty cool actually as you can now create a player ...(yourself let's say) MLB ready and use him exclusively....!

M.K.
Knight165

# 75 Pirate @ 02/13/14 02:24 PM
I'm not expecting a flawless PS4 release and I'm not thrilled with a later Vita/PS3 release from a roster creation standpoint.

Regardless, I'll start on Vita and finish on PS4.

Next year's roster creation should be easier eh?

# 76 Hockeynut99 @ 02/13/14 02:29 PM
So does this mean they will have the first year players real faces in the game, because they would have been playing a least a month In the majors?

# 77 mshoop3 @ 02/13/14 02:35 PM
So with the cloud saving and going from platform to platform, I may have this wrong please inform me if I do, I can buy the ps3 version and start a season and then say im on game 53 and then when ps4 drops load that information of my season the the ps4 and start from game 53?

# 78 glenzariczny @ 02/13/14 02:51 PM
May for PS4 is brutal news, but why so late for the PS3 too? about a month later than normal. I mean how much did they change from last years PS3 version that it would be so backed up? disappointing.

# 79 manny2012 @ 02/13/14 02:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gcoons22
Notice....May.....no specific date. My guess is late May. Which is all good if it means the game is bug free as mentioned earlier.
It will never be bug free, hopefully playable without major lock-ups etc. Also hopefully not like the NBA 2K14 launch...

# 80 aholbert32 @ 02/13/14 02:53 PM
I'm not too annoyed assuming that seasons from the Vita version can be ported over to the ps4. May is going to be a crazy month for me with UFC and the Show coming out.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.