Home
MLB 14 The Show News Post
MLB 14 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 1 MrOldboy @ 02/13/14 10:34 AM
Since every article seems to mention they are targeting 1080p60 I really do hope they hit that mark. I'd take a gimped resolution and a completely locked 60 fps over 1080p and framerate drops.

# 2 MrOldboy @ 02/13/14 10:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by theninjaraven
Here's a simple picture of why people should upgrade their systems for this game...
The player models have zero bearing on the performance of the game. Frankly if they need to remove hairs off of Pedroia's face to get that locked 60 fps I say do it. Im confident they can pull it off though.

# 3 Blzer @ 02/13/14 10:48 AM
^ Stadiums may have been rebuilt and grass blades may have come into play, but you can see they still have the cloudy grass patches (identical to PS2 and PS3 versions). Maybe they'll be redoing the grass in later versions.

And that was a PS3 Napoli? Oh, my...

# 4 ChadNikk @ 02/13/14 10:58 AM
Most of the screenshots of the PS4 version look incredible. However, is this Molina screenshot truly PS4? It looks more like CG graphics to me. What's your take?

# 5 Blzer @ 02/13/14 11:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadNikk
Most of the screenshots of the PS4 version look incredible. However, is this Molina screenshot truly PS4? It looks more like CG graphics to me. What's your take?
Uhh... can I get PS4 for $200, Alex?

# 6 Blzer @ 02/13/14 11:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by theninjaraven
I'm going to go on a limb here and say the player model here is nowhere compared to the PS4 models which scientifically tells me its a PS3 screen grab.
- Ball boy
- Check lighting on the walls
- 1920x1080 resolution
- Leather/shadow detail on batting gloves
- Material reflection off "Cardinals" logo on shirt
- Dirt specks and helmet off (though those could be tied into PS3 version this year as well)

It could just be that the face isn't as close to the camera as the other shots, or they're still working on rendering some players. I wouldn't worry too much in the end, but this is a PS4 grab.

EDIT: You can also see the grass blades just at the right of the shot.

# 7 Steve_OS @ 02/13/14 11:29 AM
FYI.

Not all of the screenshots that are released today are for the PS4. There are some PS3 ones mixed in.

I'll be posting them "officially" when I get them.

# 8 MrOldboy @ 02/13/14 11:32 AM
PSU has some interesting info, didn't see this stuff covered in the articles posted yet. Granted I hate the click bait strategy of dividing every little piece of info into a new article.

http://www.psu.com/a022493/PS-Plus-n...eatures?page=0

http://www.psu.com/a022492/MLB-14-Th...speaker?page=0

No gameplay on touchpad, controller speaker will be used for something, and PS+ not required for the roster vaults, updates, etc.

# 9 Blzer @ 02/13/14 11:36 AM
Maybe the speaker will be used for a call to the bullpen or arguing with an umpire?

# 10 SmashMan @ 02/13/14 11:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curahee
Because of hair?! GMAFB!
Go ahead, wait an extra month for hair. SMFH.
Not every post about upgrading/not upgrading is a shot specifically at you, man.
PS4 version looks cleaner, and he reposted the comparison shot. That's it.

# 11 MrOldboy @ 02/13/14 11:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
Maybe the speaker will be used for a call to the bullpen or arguing with an umpire?
Its a speaker not a mic, maybe the Camera. The way NBA 2k14 handled it was sort of amusing.

# 12 Curahee @ 02/13/14 11:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashMan
Not every post about upgrading/not upgrading is a shot specifically at you, man.

I didnt say it was nor did I take it personally.
But as theninjaraven alluded to, everyone has their own reasons for buying or not buying. Thats up to them. Theres no reason to criticize them either way.

No hard feelings.

# 13 econoodle @ 02/13/14 12:02 PM
Quote:
"We've totally redone presentations," Russell said, saying the developer is looking to trim some of the game's fat for the sake of speed. "If no one's talking and nothing's going on, we cut right back to gameplay."
does this mean the pitcher/batter cutaways between pitches are gone in 14?
i hope not.

# 14 GruffyMcGuiness @ 02/13/14 12:06 PM
We need a screenshot thread!

# 15 tnixen @ 02/13/14 12:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by econoodle
does this mean the pitcher/batter cutaways between pitches are gone in 14?
i hope not.
I would guess there is still going to be cutaways like you see on real TV baseball broadcasts but the really boring unnecessary ones will be removed. Like for example that useless cutaway of the pitcher just standing around bent slightly over posing with his glove after the play is over. I have seen that cutaway lots of times and I always hated it. As long as removing some cutaways speed up the game and does not take away from the realistic TV style broadcast presentation that I like and want improved even more then I will be ok with this.

# 16 MrOldboy @ 02/13/14 12:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GruffyMcGuiness
We need a screenshot thread!
Spoiler

# 17 Cowboy008 @ 02/13/14 12:57 PM
All of the improvements they have made is great.. I'm wondering if they made any improvements to franchise mode since that is really the only mode I play. It sucks that we have to wait until May but hopefully we will get videos of it to hold us over.

# 18 nuckles2k2 @ 02/13/14 12:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarke99
Not trolling here, but notice every player pic has facial hair? in all honesty I could give a rats... about the facial hair, it looks better but its one very small enhancement that is getting way too overblown.
Stadiums being redone from the ground up??? now were talking
The lighting is also impressive.

# 19 Knight165 @ 02/13/14 01:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy008
All of the improvements they have made is great.. I'm wondering if they made any improvements to franchise mode since that is really the only mode I play. It sucks that we have to wait until May but hopefully we will get videos of it to hold us over.
I'm sure they have.
I don't know if there are a ton of additions...but I'm sure they have worked on the logic aspects of franchise mode(trades/signings/budget etc)

M.K.
Knight165

# 20 HustlinOwl @ 02/13/14 01:17 PM
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/can.../1100-6417719/

Quote:
MLB 14: The Show also promises to simplify its microtransaction offerings by rolling everything into a universal currency system the developer is calling Stubs. Sony made clear that everything in MLB 14: The Show is attainable through gameplay and players never need to spend a dime.

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.