Home
MLB 14 The Show News Post

We have just received the MLB 14 The Show fact sheet. It's definitely much smaller than any previous year.

UPDATE: Was just notified this isn't the full fact sheet. It will be released on Monday.

2014 marks the debut of MLB 14 The Show on the PlayStation®4 system, harnessing the platform’s next-gen horsepower to deliver an unmatched presentation. Player models benefit from huge advancements in detail, down to the finest hairs on their heads. Photo- realistic stadiums boast four times the texture resolution, with each scene jumping in polygon count from 150,000 to over 1 million. Vastly improved 3D crowds are more lifelike and varied than ever; 42 different crowd member models jump to 1,000 on the PS4 system, each of which are comprised of 10,000 polygons, up from 1,600 last gen. A wealth of new animations, grass rendered down to the last blade, new intro fly-ins, and many other enhancements on the PS4 system bring the atmosphere to life more effectively than ever.

Over 40 additions, improvements, and innovations abound this season, including: Quick Counts offer full season enthusiasts a chance to cut the duration of a complete game in half with statistically generated pitch counts; Year-to-Year Saves complement the existing Cross Save feature, ensuring the time invested in 2014 can be carried into next year’s game; Online Franchise, coupled with vastly improved netcode, makes it possible to share the thrills and surprises of The Show’s acclaimed Franchise mode with other fans; and Universal Profile, which builds a virtual manager based on the user’s tendencies and tactics, allowing for more meaningful online competition when one player can’t participate in real-time and needs a simulated version of themselves to fill in.

Loaded with a slew of heavily anticipated enhancements—which also include a completely rebuilt, extremely responsive UI and a refined Road to the Show mode—this year’s entry in the heralded franchise is unequivocally the definitive baseball sim, handily proving that the best place to play America’s pastime in 2014 is on PlayStation.

KEY FEATURES
  • Next Generation Baseball Has Arrived – MLB 14 The Show makes its next-gen debut on the PS4 system, utilizing the system’s vast resources to deliver exceptionally detailed and fluid gameplay. With improvements to presentation, a wealth of added animations, and a dramatic increase in environment and player detail, we are setting out to create the best-looking and best-playing baseball sim ever created.
  • Year-to-Year Saves (All platforms) – For the first time in franchise history, saves can be carried over from MLB 14 to future releases of The Show, meaning that gamers won't have to worry about starting their Franchise or Road to the Show seasons over in years to come.
  • Player Lock (All platforms) – The new Player Lock feature (a.k.a RTTS anywhere) gives users the ability to lock-on to any single player and enter games using the Road to the Show gameplay mechanic, allowing for faster games and more focused on-field action.
  • Quick Counts (All platforms) – Users will now be able to play a full nine-inning game in less than 30 minutes, half the time it takes in previous iterations of The Show. Despite the shortened game durations, realistic stats will not be compromised.
  • Universal Profile (PS3 & PS4) – A new tendency-tracking system monitors and records gamers’ unique playing styles. Those patterns are stored in the Universal Profile, which can be viewed by anyone looking to get a quick scouting report on the player. The Universal Profile can also be subbed in in place of a CPU opponent in Diamond Dynasty and Online Franchise, making for more realistic head-to-head matchups when schedules prevent synchronous play.
  • Community Challenges (PS3 & PS4) – Players will be able to freely toy and tinker with game situations and scenarios on the fly, whether that’s the inning, score, who’s on base, or where the ball is hit. These custom situations can be bundled with a creative set of goals and put forth as a challenge to the community, whether it’s to relive the past, change history, or dream of new possibilities.
  • Online Franchise (PS3 & PS4) – Finally, Franchise mode can be shared with friends online, with most of the features from the offline version making the transition, including Scouting, the Amateur Draft, Free Agency and CPU Trades. The mode will remain highly customizable as scheduling, divisions, postseason spots and more are all commissioner options.
  • Stubs (All platforms) – Playing games in MLB 14 The Show rewards players with Stubs. Stubs can be used to purchase additional in-game content – like Road to the Show training points – or used in our new mode, Community Challenges. Stubs can be earned in any mode, and they are not required to progress through a mode. You can still purchase additional in-game content through the PlayStation Store.
  • Diamond Dynasty Extra Innings (PS3 & PS4) – In this mode, a player’s team is always looking for opportunities to challenge other users in an offline setting, which allows the user to earn bonus rewards the next time they log in. When online, the player has the opportunity to challenge other user-created teams in an offline game where the CPU controls their team. Players can only benefit positively in this mode even if their team does not perform up to their normal standards.

PlayStation 3,PlayStation Vita Release Date - April 1st, 2014

PlayStation 4 Release Date - May 2014

Rated “E” for Everyone

Game: MLB 14 The ShowReader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 12 - View All
MLB 14 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 101 RyanLaFalce @ 02/14/14 11:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
There are no historical teams in this years game.
I doubt we will ever see this again.

Go to the roster section and the Vaults....there are tons of excellent historical sets for download.

M.K.
Knight165
Not a game breaker then obviously. Now all that's left on my list is dedicated servers on PS4, Contract extensions, and upgrade discount.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

# 102 bwiggy33 @ 02/14/14 12:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
Well you're not mr9inches, are you? You're just... Bobhead.

I'm really excited about the crowd variations this year. 1,000 sounds like a lot, but if you think about it that's just a little more than 30x30. Wow, I wonder how many it will take before you truly won't ever even notice any two models are/animate the same.

I think that's the biggest problem... if all 1,000 animate differently, that would be nice. Heck, it would be cool if it wasn't always "the green shirt guy doing this." I think it would help conceal any loops of any kind.
Glen said on the PSNation podcast that he didn't even notice a duplicate fan. Also and more importantly IMO, the fans did not animate together at the same time. That will make things much much better. He also stated how the fans on PS4 have the same amount of polygons that the players on PS3 have. I think that means we will no longer have a blurry crowd which was also a sore spot. If I'm not mistaken The Show 10 or 11 didn't have a blurry crowd at all, but with 12 and 13 it got progressively more blurry. I'm assuming that's just due to memory and making sure the game played at a sold frame rate.

# 103 Curahee @ 02/14/14 12:53 PM
Looking for a bit of confirmation here as its still a bit confusing with all the posts about it....

If I buy MLB14/PS3 on April 1st. Can I start my Franchise, then buy MLB14/PS4 in May and transfer my MLB14/PS3 Franchise Save to MLB14/PS4?

Not the roster, not the CAP, but the entire Franchise Save itself?

# 104 ShowTyme15 @ 02/14/14 12:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curahee
Looking for a bit of confirmation here as its still a bit confusing with all the posts about it....

If I buy MLB14/PS3 on April 1st. Can I start my Franchise, then buy MLB14/PS4 in May and transfer my MLB14/PS3 Franchise Save to MLB14/PS4?

Not the roster, not the CAP, but the entire Franchise Save itself?
Yes you can do that

# 105 Curahee @ 02/14/14 12:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowTyme15
Yes you can do that
Not that I dont trust you, (cuz you know I do) but can you link a Dev quote to that please so I can share it with the person that is asking me?

# 106 ShowTyme15 @ 02/14/14 01:05 PM
Quote:
Not that I dont trust you, (cuz you know I do) but can you link a Dev quote to that please so I can share it with the person that is asking me?
I'm having a hard time finding the link, but I had the same question yesterday and It was answered in another thread. I'll try to find it

# 107 HustlinOwl @ 02/14/14 01:12 PM
Quote:
Yea I havent read that either for MLB14 PS3 to PS4, but know its there for future releases

# 108 ShowTyme15 @ 02/14/14 01:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HustlinOwl
Yea I havent read that either for MLB14 PS3 to PS4, but know its there for future releases
Then there is some confusion then, because in the PSNation hands on thread people are saying you can buy 14 on the PS3 and carry over your franchise file to 14 on The PS4.

# 109 Curahee @ 02/14/14 01:20 PM
Quote:
Then there is some confusion then, because in the PSNation hands on thread people are saying you can buy 14 on the PS3 and carry over your franchise file to 14 on The PS4.
Right and thats why I was looking for Dev confirmation because the person that asked me is confused too.

I know PSN said that cloud saves work between all 3 consoles but to me, that makes it sound like you can SAVE on all 3 via the cloud but not necessarily TRANSFER from one console to the other via the cloud.
Thats where the confusion is.

It would be great if Russell could confirm this is possible, even with just a LIKE.

(hint hint)

# 110 Curahee @ 02/14/14 01:25 PM
I shot ThaSlab a PM. Maybe he can explain it a bit.

# 111 ShowTyme15 @ 02/14/14 01:27 PM
Quote:
I shot ThaSlab a PM. Maybe he can explain it a bit.
Cool, good idea he might be able to elaborate on it better than most.

# 112 Curahee @ 02/14/14 01:31 PM
Quote:
Cool, good idea he might be able to elaborate on it better than most.
I also tweeted Steve, MLBTS & PSN

# 113 HustlinOwl @ 02/14/14 01:34 PM
here is what I am referring to
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSNation
Again, I covered this in the article:

"If you stay with the PS3 version this year, and wait until MLB 15 The Show to upgrade to PS4, that save will transfer as well."

http://www.psnation.com/2014/02/13/m...nds-on-report/

# 114 Curahee @ 02/14/14 01:39 PM
Quote:
here is what I am referring to
Right! And I am aware of that. But Glenn said that Cloud saves are possible between all 3 consoles. So does that mean you can save and load fromn one to the other and all 3 or does that mean you can simply just use the cloud on all 3 but not necessarily transfer the saves between all 3?

# 115 HustlinOwl @ 02/14/14 01:43 PM
Quote:
Right! And I am aware of that. But Glenn said that Cloud saves are possible between all 3 consoles. So does that mean you can save and load fromn one to the other and all 3 or does that mean you can simply just use the cloud on all 3 but not necessarily transfer the saves between all 3?
rosters is all Ive read not sure about franchise etc

# 116 Curahee @ 02/14/14 01:46 PM
Quote:
rosters is all Ive read not sure about franchise etc
Thats where Im at too.

# 117 nemesis04 @ 02/14/14 01:54 PM
Quote:
They should all be compatible just like last year where you take your progress from the ps3 and pull it down to the vita and continue and vice versa.

# 118 bp4baseball @ 02/14/14 02:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
They should all be compatible just like last year where you take your progress from the ps3 and pull it down to the vita and continue and vice versa.
But does that include ps3 to ps4 and ps4 to vita?

# 119 woz411 @ 02/14/14 03:01 PM
@Russell_SCEA can you chime in please?

# 120 nusie @ 02/14/14 03:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bp4baseball
But does that include ps3 to ps4 and ps4 to vita?
I'm leaning towards a yes because in the articles they said that at least the PS3/PS4 have the same gameplay features and that nothing on the PS4 will be held out of the PS3 version. The PS4 version will only look prettier. And since PS3 can go to Vita, I would say PS4 can go to Vita as well since Sony is pretty much making the Vita/PS4 go hand-in-hand, or trying to anyways

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.