Home
News Post

I know we have a lot of graphically talented gamers at OS. Why not take those skills and design some logos and uniforms for the next Madden NFL game?

As most of you are aware, Madden NFL 25 gave you the opportunity to relocate any NFL team to another city in Connected Franchise. The Madden team is looking for users to submit redesigned logos and uniforms for those cities and team names.

You won't get paid if you are selected, but you will see your submission(s) in the game, see your name in the credits and get the upcoming Madden NFL game for free. You have until March 7th to submit as many designs as possible.

Download all of the assets and find out more details here.

Member Comments
# 41 RandallB21 @ 02/23/14 06:15 PM
My vote is for TEAMBUILDER. Just let us do the teambuilder thing but allow us to relocate teams in the base roster not just in CC. I shouldn't have to control a bunch of different teams to change their location or stadiums.

Also let us use historic logos and uniforms from the NFL's past. Teambuilder would probably take care of that though.

# 42 jjerickson1382 @ 02/23/14 06:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandallB21
My vote is for TEAMBUILDER. Just let us do the teambuilder thing but allow us to relocate teams in the base roster not just in CC. I shouldn't have to control a bunch of different teams to change their location or stadiums.

Also let us use historic logos and uniforms from the NFL's past. Teambuilder would probably take care of that though.

problem is with EA posting this for the relocating stuff....team builder will 99% not happen

# 43 RandallB21 @ 02/24/14 04:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjerickson1382
problem is with EA posting this for the relocating stuff....team builder will 99% not happen
i know. But a guy can dream right??

# 44 howboutdat @ 02/24/14 04:32 PM
really hope a" game changer" or two is reading over this thread and takes it to show ea , along with others on other sites where many people are voicing the same thing. this idea is lame . give us ALL the option IN THE GAME, to create our own unis and logos along with color schemes. Otherwise this will not be anything that will make more than 25 people want to buy this game because their design was chosen to be in game and they might see their name somewhere. Where as if they actually worked hard on this game for m15 ( second year on next gen come on EA) ,they could pull in more people willing to give the game a try if they showed they were willing to give the players more customizable options.This just makes no sense to me...... waste of time, marketing, etc

# 45 4thQtrStre5S @ 02/24/14 07:09 PM
Still looking forward to Titanfall...It appears obvious nothing in sports gaming is gonna change...$60 saved...

# 46 Indyboy180 @ 02/24/14 08:22 PM
I don't want to say we're never getting Teambuilder in Madden but it's a pipe dream.

# 47 JaymeeAwesome @ 02/24/14 09:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLASS87
I think participating in this contest shows your true character... a company that routinely ruins a great game for us. EA goes great lengths to produce enough flaws to make us come back each year hoping for a better experience - and it never happens. Why would you participate in this contest? It's like they're spitting in our faces.

I'm sorry, but if you have a backbone you would do nothing to help EA when they do nothing to help us and take billions of our dollars by selling us on hope. EA is garbage.

Not participating will just mean we get the same relocation teams and uniforms as M25. What would that accomplish?

The same game company that you complain about, you are not willing to help them when they finally reach out? Let me guess, you would also be the first to whine about no innovation in the team relocator function.

# 48 Rebel10 @ 02/25/14 09:32 PM
I don't understand why EA gets to choose what logos make it into the game... I mean.. Look at Forza or WWE2K, people have been creating custom designs for years in those games, and they don't need to get submitted in some lame contest where the winners are included in the game. You just download them.

IT's not like making a uniform in Madden is more difficult than making this in Forza:

Or

Or the thousands of others. This was in Forza 3 and Forza 4..

http://www.ign.com/articles/2011/11/...s-you-must-see

# 49 HingleMcCringleberry @ 02/26/14 04:58 AM
So we still have to use their stupid team names and uniforms, just like we have to use their stupid draft storylines and players. Same old EA... Don't give us any control over the game we buy.

# 50 jjerickson1382 @ 02/26/14 02:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HingleMcCringleberry
So we still have to use their stupid team names and uniforms, just like we have to use their stupid draft storylines and players. Same old EA... Don't give us any control over the game we buy.
read the EA article. They ARE accepting new team names and new city ideas.

# 51 Trick13 @ 02/26/14 11:06 PM
Quote:

Not good enough...

# 52 HingleMcCringleberry @ 02/27/14 02:02 AM
Quote:
Except we have to let EA Tiburon choose the lucky 25 people who THEY think made the best uniforms and teams (or whatever the number is). As we all know, EA Tiburon has SUCH a good eye for quality.

I'd rather just make my teams and uniforms in game. Last years were absolute trash, why should next year be any different.

# 53 strjsjen @ 02/27/14 08:12 AM
I would rather design a better game.

# 54 jjerickson1382 @ 02/27/14 09:19 AM
Everyone would probably like to design their own uni, city and name. Especially growing up in the U.P. Of Michigan. I'd like to see any city from up here get a team. But I have accepted the fact that since this thing was posted by EA we will not get the ability to create our own.

if I had a voice they would listen to I would say do AT LEAST 3 cities per state to choose from. Such as Wisconsin could do Madiso or Millwaukee. Michigan could do Marquette (u.pm city that has a D2 college team) or Lansing. Anchorage in Alaska and stuff like that. Hell, they could take the most populated cities of each state for all I care.

As for names they could have a list of names that are voiced by commentary just like c.a.p. I mlb the show. And if you dont like them names create your ow. And them the commentary just refers to ur team as your city name instead.

You would think this would he easy for game designers to implement since in madden they used to give you multiple choices of logos, city and always create you own name

# 55 4thQtrStre5S @ 02/27/14 08:44 PM
The best thing that could happen here, for the Madden community, is for no one to submit any uniforms...

# 56 spikedmayo @ 02/28/14 01:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
The best thing that could happen here, for the Madden community, is for no one to submit any uniforms...
then we get the same uniforms/names/cities that we all complained about last year.

# 57 mo2thewillyo @ 03/01/14 03:13 AM
Before going into designing uniforms.... EA should focus on making past/retro/throwback ROAD jerseys for past NFL teams.

Having the white jerseys of the NFL past is just as important as having HOME throwbacks.

# 58 JaymeeAwesome @ 03/01/14 08:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mo2thewillyo
Before going into designing uniforms.... EA should focus on making past/retro/throwback ROAD jerseys for past NFL teams.

Having the white jerseys of the NFL past is just as important as having HOME throwbacks.

But that's the brilliance of this contest. They don't have to spend time thinking up jerseys and just have to implement someone else's design. The creative team can focus on other things

# 59 XXstormmXX @ 03/01/14 07:26 PM
I can't believe the complainers. You complain for weeks about EA never using your ideas but when they finally give you a chance, then you complain about it. Shame on you guys.

# 60 HingleMcCringleberry @ 03/02/14 02:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by XXstormmXX
I can't believe the complainers. You complain for weeks about EA never using your ideas but when they finally give you a chance, then you complain about it. Shame on you guys.
If we were truly given a chance to use our ideas in the game, it would physically be IN THE GAME. Not EAs special "chosen ones" who get to make some designs (and they will probably all be a bunch of crappy Seahawks or Oregon Ducks jersey schemes with different colors). To some of us complaining, the fact that we cannot create any team we want or any uniform we want is just one line on the War and Peace length novel of things that we despise about this game. And they never get it. Ever. Basically what this is is a way for the guys over at EA Tiburon to sit back and continue to do nothing while a few hardcore madden fans get to create their dream uniforms. No wait a minute. It's so the guys at EA Sports can sit back and focus all of their energy on pulling an even greater bait and switch than this year.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.