Home
The Golf Club News Post

OK - I have just been informed that there will be an email sent over in the next few hours that will provide access to the Golf Club closed beta today. Myself and any others who were lucky enough to gain access will provide what information we can in this thread. Asking questions is not a problem, but understand we may not be able to answer them all. I will post in here as soon as I have the game installed and have spent spent some time with it.

We just ask that you be patient - Thanks!

Game: The Golf ClubReader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 7 - View All
The Golf Club Videos
Member Comments
# 281 TheBleedingRed21 @ 04/01/14 04:21 PM
Was pissed...

Then realized the build is made for laughs lol

Not funny since this is my most anticipated game... Don't mess with me!!!

God I hate this day.

# 282 bcruise @ 04/01/14 04:24 PM
I love today.

# 283 bluengold34_OS @ 04/01/14 05:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBleedingRed21
Was pissed...

God I hate this day.
HEY they messed with us first -

# 284 mgoblue @ 04/01/14 08:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBleedingRed21
Was pissed...

God I hate this day.
LMAO I loved the slot machine sounds during the scorecard between holes.

Serious question, is this dropping on Xbox One around the same time as PC or are consoles a lot later?

# 285 bluengold34_OS @ 04/01/14 09:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue
LMAO I loved the slot machine sounds during the scorecard between holes.

Serious question, is this dropping on Xbox One around the same time as PC or are consoles a lot later?
Obviously there is no hard date other then Spring '14, but when I talked to Peter of HB he said that they are intending to drop all three platforms either at, or around the same time.

# 286 TheBleedingRed21 @ 04/01/14 09:28 PM
PC will be first with Early Access.

# 287 jmaj315 @ 04/02/14 01:49 AM
So i just read all of the 4/1 posts...

I almost had a heart attack!

Thank goodness its April Fool's Day

# 288 LingeringRegime @ 04/02/14 09:49 AM
So glad that **** "holiday" is over with.

# 289 Koolie G @ 04/02/14 10:31 AM
Since I only started reading this today, 4/2, I didn't even think about the date thing. I watched the video and saw the Bam! graphic and was like "You gotta be Sh***** me!?!" I felt like an idiot after reading further. Never been so relieved to be fooled.

# 290 bluengold34_OS @ 04/02/14 11:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koolie G
Since I only started reading this today, 4/2, I didn't even think about the date thing. I watched the video and saw the Bam! graphic and was like "You gotta be Sh***** me!?!" I felt like an idiot after reading further. Never been so relieved to be fooled.
Well you're a Kentucky fan - so it's to be expected.

# 291 Koolie G @ 04/02/14 12:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
Well you're a Kentucky fan - so it's to be expected.
You have a point. However, I'm gonna be an idiot that is partying in Dallas all weekend at a little thing called the Final Four.

# 292 bluengold34_OS @ 04/02/14 12:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koolie G
You have a point. However, I'm gonna be an idiot that is partying in Dallas all weekend at a little thing called the Final Four.
Toooshaaay my good man.

For the record, I know that is not how you spell it.

# 293 Lieutenant Dan @ 04/02/14 12:52 PM
Quote:
Toooshaaay my good man.

For the record, I know that is not how you spell it.
Right...the proper French spelling is tooshee'

# 294 mgoblue @ 04/02/14 01:14 PM
Quote:
Obviously there is no hard date other then Spring '14, but when I talked to Peter of HB he said that they are intending to drop all three platforms either at, or around the same time.
Cool! Obviously don't expect a date, but nice to know it's not like console versions are coming 6 months or a year later, probably more closer together.

Definitely on my radar, golf is perfect for a company like this to nail it, don't have to be super big budget EA game.

# 295 jmaj315 @ 04/02/14 01:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieutenant Dan
Right...the proper French spelling is tooshee'
I always remember it like this:

.............in order to be touché
you might have to be a douche

# 296 jmaj315 @ 04/02/14 01:36 PM
Quote:
Here you go - it's short and sweet, and I only finished 9 holes and was done - just shut it off.

Back on topic...

Now that I know it was a prank-build of the game.... did anything in particular happen if you didn't press the A,B,A combos? Like would it get a crappy bounce? just wondering lol

# 297 bluengold34_OS @ 04/02/14 05:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue
Cool! Obviously don't expect a date, but nice to know it's not like console versions are coming 6 months or a year later, probably more closer together.

Definitely on my radar, golf is perfect for a company like this to nail it, don't have to be super big budget EA game.

Bleeding is correct - the only reason PC is getting it first is because of the early access phase on steam - if that wasn't happening, they would all hit about the same time.

# 298 ODogg @ 04/02/14 06:11 PM
Quote:
Bleeding is correct - the only reason PC is getting it first is because of the early access phase on steam - if that wasn't happening, they would all hit about the same time.
If I buy it on Steam then can I download or buy it on Xbox One at a reduced cost or for free?

# 299 DivotMaker @ 04/02/14 11:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
If I buy it on Steam then can I download or buy it on Xbox One at a reduced cost or for free?
No. You will pay full price for both.

# 300 TheBleedingRed21 @ 04/03/14 09:57 AM
Yeah you're paying for the pc version. Not a beta. It's yours to keep.

It would be like me buying the ps4 version and getting another version free. Wouldn't make sense for them to do that.

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.