01:03 PM - March 10, 2014 by MMChrisS
He's not a household superstar name, but he may become the new trend in the life of NFL players.
Rashard Mendenhall -- at the ripe age of 26 -- has decided to hang up his cleats and retire from the NFL. Citing a desire to pursue other passions in life as well as a distaste for the image-driven league, Mendenhall articulated his stance well through an article on Huffingtonpost.com:
|"My older brother coaches football at the high-school and youth level. One day he called me and said, "These kids don't want to work hard. All they wanna do is look cool, celebrate after plays, and get more followers on Instagram!" I told him that they might actually have it figured out."|
Sound Off: Do you relate with Rashard Mendenhall? Has the image-oriented and commercialized aspect of the NFL damaged your love of football?
Sports Headlines for March 10, 2014
- Ever wonder what it feels like to be an archery target? [YouTube]
- DYK? Former MLB pitcher Randy Johnson has become a professional photographer in retirement.
- Seven overtimes later, an Ohio high school state championship hockey match ends in a tie.
- Check it out! A 3-D printed baseball bat.
- Have you seen? Masato Akamatsu's incredible wall-scaling catch?! [Animated Gif]