Home
MLB 14 The Show News Post

Check out the new MLB 14 The Show screenshots for the Sony PlayStation 4 and let us know your thoughts!

MLB 14 The Show arrives for PS3 and PS Vita on April 1st, while the PS4 version ships on May 6th.

MLB 14 The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view MLB 14 The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view MLB 14 The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view MLB 14 The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view MLB 14 The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view MLB 14 The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view MLB 14 The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view MLB 14 The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: MLB 14 The ShowReader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 12 - View All
MLB 14 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 101 eaw913 @ 03/19/14 12:23 AM
Is it just me or in that Yankee Stadium shot, can you see through the glass (the centerfield box)? I was looking at it larger on the baseball is better website and just kind of studied it for a minute. It seems like on the left side you can see through it and see the fans sitting in the stands. And on the far right side, it seems like that may be a reflection of the fans sitting to the right.

Maybe it is just me. But I don't think so. It got me thinking, will their be physical people sitting in the press box on the PS4 version (with see-through glass) or will it be a solid piece with a painted on artwork of people inside like the PS3 version..

# 102 Madden's Jowels @ 03/19/14 12:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Quiet_Pro
As I've said last month, the jersey's are CORRECT. The sleeves hang CORRECTLY. let the issue go.

^^^ is this guy a developer or something? If not, lol @ speaking to people like that.

"I am A_Quiet_Pro and I. HAVE. SPOKEN!!!! I said last month that the jerseys are CORRECT! Does that not end this issue once and for all?"

# 103 Cowboy008 @ 03/19/14 12:32 AM
Quote:
With a May 6th release, it will be done in 18 days.
Why do you think it will be done in 18 days?

# 104 ajblithe20 @ 03/19/14 12:37 AM
First of all, I love these screenshots! They look great and it's cool to see some Orioles screens. I'm super pumped for night games in sports games on the PS4. Night games were never really nice looking to me on the PS3 in any game, Madden improved its night games on PS4 and these first screens of night games look great!
Also, I understand why some people never seem satisfied and why some people get irritated by it, but without any criticism the game might not improve as much as it does every year. So these "complainers" do most likely help the game improve if their criticism is helpful, so I'm okay with it. I don't have much to criticize though!
And I'm pretty sure SCEA can't do anything about the Blue Jays blue color so I don't know people act like it's their fault
All in all, this games is going to look great!

# 105 Shaffer26 @ 03/19/14 12:38 AM
Mmmmm....looks great! That Heyward pic though....

# 106 ajblithe20 @ 03/19/14 12:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madden's Jowels
^^^ is this guy a developer or something? If not, lol @ speaking to people like that.

"I am A_Quiet_Pro and I. HAVE. SPOKEN!!!! I said last month that the jerseys are CORRECT! Does that not end this issue once and for all?"
It's frustrating to hear people complain about things that don't seem to be a problem... I know someone showed (it may have been A_Quiet_Pro) a real life picture next to an in game screenshot that proved the sleeves were actually pretty accurate

# 107 RandyBass @ 03/19/14 12:50 AM
Meh. Screenshots just don't do anything for me.

# 108 Blzer @ 03/19/14 01:21 AM
Quote:
To be honest i actually threw my baseball jersey on and snapped a pic and was gonna upload it to prove the point, but I figure, that's just stupid. lol.
That sounds like a Blzer kind of thing to do.

Don't steal my thunder!

# 109 lazloisdavrock @ 03/19/14 01:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanLR101
Man that PS4 and that cell processing is looking nice for this game

PS4 doesn't use the cell processor. It uses an AMD x86 APU, which is found in PC's. MUCH easier to develop games for.

# 110 MrOldboy @ 03/19/14 01:30 AM
Quote:
As I've said last month, the jersey's are CORRECT. The sleeves hang CORRECTLY. let the issue go.
You are correct in some cases, but where I think issue comes from is not in how the jerseys hang when the players have their arms down, its when the players are in motion or in a situation where gravity should be acting on the cloth a lot more. The end result is a sleeve that apprears very stiff as it does not hang correctly then a player's arm is at an angle from the body (perpendicular)

I personally do not think its a huge issue as when the game is in motion its hard to really see that level of detail anyways. It really only shows in closeups on the players. But there is certainly validity to people posting about them. Is it nitpicky, yes, but what isn't when talking about The Show.

# 111 Shakedowncapo @ 03/19/14 01:36 AM
Again, for whatever reason MLB has never ever translated well in screenshots...They always seem to have a dithering look to them.

Either way, everyone will be stunned when we get the first pitcher/batter game video, I can guarantee that. Its where the game shows itself out.

# 112 Madden's Jowels @ 03/19/14 01:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajblithe20
It's frustrating to hear people complain about things that don't seem to be a problem... I know someone showed (it may have been A_Quiet_Pro) a real life picture next to an in game screenshot that proved the sleeves were actually pretty accurate
Quote:
To be honest i actually threw my baseball jersey on and snapped a pic and was gonna upload it to prove the point, but I figure, that's just stupid. lol.
Quote:

So the sleeve on Puig's left arm hangs correctly in this photo?

It looks like his jersey was washed with 2lbs of starch and then left to dry with coffee cans inserted in the sleeves to hold their shape permanently. Why isn't it hanging against his arm? It's floating above his skin by several inches by some unknown form of magic

I think the screens look great but I hate when people jump down others' throats when they voice a criticim, especially a valid one like "shape, size and physics of the jerseys may not be perfect"

Until we see the game in motion we won't really know the extent of it, but I know it won't damper my enjoyment of the game. I'm going to play the hell out of this game. Doesn't mean somebody can't point it out without you blowing up on them though and acting like some kind of authority.

# 113 Factzzz @ 03/19/14 01:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOldboy
You are correct in some cases, but where I think issue comes from is not in how the jerseys hang when the players have their arms down, its when the players are in motion or in a situation where gravity should be acting on the cloth a lot more. The end result is a sleeve that apprears very stiff as it does not hang correctly then a player's arm is at an angle from the body (perpendicular)

I personally do not think its a huge issue as when the game is in motion its hard to really see that level of detail anyways. It really only shows in closeups on the players. But there is certainly validity to people posting about them. Is it nitpicky, yes, but what isn't when talking about The Show.

This,

I don't see how people don't see this and this is why i can't understand how some people say they are "correct,"

But either way the original post that A_Quiet_Pro responded to was complaining about the sleeves being to baggy (too long), which is what i think makes them looks bad anyways, not necessarily the way the jerseys hang.

# 114 Madden's Jowels @ 03/19/14 01:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factzzz
This,

I don't see how people don't see this and this is why i can't understand how some people say they are "correct,"

But either way the original post that A_Quiet_Pro responded to was complaining about the sleeves being to baggy (too long), which is what i think makes them looks bad anyways, not necessarily the way the jerseys hang.

Yeah it's because a) they seem to hang down all the way the elbow most of the time which is a few inches too far probably, and b)they don't move, so even when a player extends his arm all the way out, rather than the sleeve bunching up around the shoulder or slipping up the arm, it somehow sticks to the elbow no matter what which makes it look unnatural.

# 115 lazloisdavrock @ 03/19/14 01:48 AM

# 116 lazloisdavrock @ 03/19/14 01:51 AM

# 117 Moegames @ 03/19/14 01:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madden's Jowels

So the sleeve on Puig's left arm hangs correctly in this photo?

It looks like his jersey was washed with 2lbs of starch and then left to dry with coffee cans inserted in the sleeves to hold their shape permanently. Why isn't it hanging against his arm? It's floating above his skin by several inches by some unknown form of magic

I think the screens look great but I hate when people jump down others' throats when they voice a criticim, especially a valid one like "shape, size and physics of the jerseys may not be perfect"

Until we see the game in motion we won't really know the extent of it, but I know it won't damper my enjoyment of the game. I'm going to play the hell out of this game. Doesn't mean somebody can't point it out without you blowing up on them though and acting like some kind of authority.
I agree about the "criticism" thing....but there is a right way and wrong way to go about it. Although i do not know the details if this specific person's criticism and how he presented it....but one thing that bugs me are the whiny girly type criticism. Maybe some of us guys already know how some women complain and grumble....to me that does nothing good in terms of "constructive criticism" .... I guess my point is..."constructive criticism" is a great thing because it helps better a game and since dev's lurk around here...it can be a huge asset for us to get through to the developers but again...those that come off as whiny, grumbling and complaining seem to skew their attempt at helping the game out.

Look at it this way...people listen much better to those that speak to them calmly and with respect...rather than someone yelling or biching about something to get fixed...it all boils down to respect. Besides we are all supposedly men in here right? So lets be men about it and not women about it.

Back on Topic - I dont expect perfection here...because its still a videogame and its first debut on the next gen systems. For that fact in mind....i am truly blown away by these few screenshots. Keep in mind this is 4 months after PS4 launched....keep that in mind while looking at what we got here so early in PS4's lifecycle just blows me away.... This game is going to be soooo much more fun just because of the visuals being a nice leap over PS3....lets just hope the animations, sounds, and presentation have taken an equal improvement coming to PS4 like the visuals have.

MLB The Show Devs.....you guys should be proud of your baby on PS4...i have not been this hyped since the days i was waiting for NFL 2k5 to be released!!!

# 118 Madden's Jowels @ 03/19/14 01:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moegames
I agree about the "criticism" thing....but there is a right way and wrong way to go about it. Although i do not know the details if this specific person's criticism and how he presented it....but one thing that bugs me are the whiny girly type criticism. Maybe some of us guys already know how some women complain and grumble....to me that does nothing good in terms of "constructive criticism" .... I guess my point is..."constructive criticism" is a great thing because it helps better a game and since dev's lurk around here...it can be a huge asset for us to get through to the developers but again...those that come off as whiny, grumbling and complaining seem to skew their attempt at helping the game out.

Look at it this way...people listen much better to those that speak to them calmly and with respect...rather than someone yelling or biching about something to get fixed...it all boils down to respect. Besides we are all supposedly men in here right? So lets be men about it and not women about it.

Back on Topic - I dont expect perfection here...because its still a videogame and its first debut on the next gen systems. For that fact in mind....i am truly blown away by these few screenshots. Keep in mind this is 4 months after PS4 launched....keep that in mind while looking at what we got here so early in PS4's lifecycle just blows me away.... This game is going to be soooo much more fun just because of the visuals being a nice leap over PS3....lets just hope the animations, sounds, and presentation have taken an equal improvement coming to PS4 like the visuals have.

MLB The Show Devs.....you guys should be proud of your baby on PS4...i have not been this hyped since the days i was waiting for NFL 2k5 to be released!!!

This was the post in question:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovesports
Good graphics but I'm still worried about jerseys being too baggy in the sleeves, seems like the same issue from ps3

# 119 ttinker @ 03/19/14 02:52 AM
Screenshots are awesome to me. Big jump from ps3. I do hope the baserunners' helmets don't fly off every time they slide into second base though.

Sent from my Moto X using Tapatalk

# 120 sandmac @ 03/19/14 03:22 AM
Amazing job by SCEA. After looking at the pics for literally just seconds one thing stood out to me on both the players and especially the crowd.... and this is the kinda thing that once it's brought up, it's a Pandora's box:

They all look like corpses.

There is no human emotion anywhere. It's pretty disturbing.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.