Home
EA Sports UFC News Post

After revealing more details about EA Sports UFC in a Reddit AMA, a couple of weeks ago, Brian Hayes, creative director on EA Sports UFC has still been answering a few questions here and there since then. Below are some of key items of interest, read the full Q&A here.

Quote:
Off-topic question, will there be women's Create-A-Fighter? I only ask because you're already here and answering questions.

We had the project all planned out based on the premise that women would "never" fight in the UFC. Then things changed very quickly in the real world and we had to adapt. But adding in full female create-a-fighter feature would have drastically impacted the project. I know most people don't care about development sob stories, but there you go. It's definitely something we can look at for the future of the franchise.

Frank mir would beg to differ. He really punked the mocap guys over a THQ. I heard doctor stoppages were not going to be in the game. Yet we see injuries in other ea sport games?

I didn't say its never a zany laugh riot.

Injuries in other sports games mean you sub in someone from your bench, but you can still win the game. You never see 12 players go down in NHL and take an automatic loss. Doctors stoppages exist to protect fighters from significant health risk in the real world. There is no danger of that happening in a video game, even though the fighters look very lifelike. (sorry, couldn't resist)

It's always something we can look at for the future of the franchise if players are clamoring for outcomes to be decided by a virtual doctor at ringside.

Please can you tell the minions slaving away on this masterpiece that the online fight card mode must make a comeback. Bring able to watch a whole fight card with a lobby of other gamers all trash talking and having a laugh was incredible on EA MMA. Also was insane pressure if you talked big and got owned when it was your turn to fight!

Noted.

EA Sports MMA helped organize online fight cards, hearing the audience and all 5 of the fights were on the same video stream. Most of the functionality will be available through Twitch, but it appears not all of it will be.

Game: EA Sports UFCReader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 7 - View All
EA Sports UFC Videos
Member Comments
# 21 The JareBear @ 03/26/14 01:00 PM
I definitely am disappointed in the lack of female CAF. I was hoping to put Cyborg and the girls from TUF in there. Some of the posts in this thread make it sound like using female fighters in the game is taboo or something, not sure where that is coming from, but maybe I am misunderstanding the posts as well, who knows.

The doctor stoppage thing doesn't bother me as much as the fight card being out. The whole "online experience" with leagues and friends list parties was a big deal when touting Next Gen.

# 22 fballturkey @ 03/26/14 01:07 PM
Gameface would also have to be reworked to make female fighters. Go make a game face of a woman in Madden; the results are usually pretty awful. The structure of the head is different between men and women. They'd have to make brand new head meshes to make it look right. They could have spent time doing that and putting in alterable bodies, all I'm saying is if the choice was between 6 head meshes and body types for female fighters or 6 more for male CAFs I'd rather they did the male ones because they get used way more. I have no problem with female CAF being in the game eventually (probably next year) but they're making a brand new game and it would be a substantial time diversion to add it compared to the amount of use it would get.

# 23 Thrash13 @ 03/26/14 01:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Yes I would and I think many other people would too especially folks who run their own leagues. There is a website (mma-caf.com) that is only focused on creating fighters in UFC games. There are hundreds of CAF's on that site. I alone have over 60 CAFs made for UFC 3. There are a ton of people who would create female fighters.

Now to your point about the ladies: Lets say the 7 female fighters are the top 7 (Rousey, Tate, Eye, Kaufmann, Zingano, McMann and Davis). That means no Liz Carmouche. No Amanda Nunes. None of the fighters from TUF.

That also means that I cant create a Cyborg or Carano. Finally, the next season of TUF is all women and will crown a new UFC champion. So I'm stuck for the next two years with not being able to use any women other than the top 7 bantamweights.

I actually would be ok with the excuse if there were no women in the game but there are 7. The elements to create a female fighter are in the game already. No reason we shouldnt be able to create one.
Fair enough and a great response! I guess I take the stance of being surprised women are even in the game in the first place (mostly because it's the first one for PS4/XBox One), and on top of that, they included more than just Rousey and Tate like I kind of expected. The women are highly entertaining more often than not, but I still don't see myself ever using them in the game. But you never know..

# 24 ManiacMatt1782 @ 03/26/14 04:57 PM
I think Fight Cards being omitted is due to the inclusion of Twitch. You can broadcast from the System. They would see private lobbies being broadcast as a waste of resourses.

# 25 p_rushing @ 03/27/14 02:02 AM
EA owns software and tools to allow you to create whatever models you want in the game. They already do it in other games, just bring that into UFC and you don't need to recreate it.

The issue is that the animations probably aren't good for the women. Just like they won't allow non weight class fights because the animations can't handle the differences.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk

# 26 sportsfan8812 @ 03/27/14 11:18 AM
Are nip slips in this game!?!?

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.