Home
MLB 14 The Show News Post

FranchisePlaySports has posted their MLB 14 The Show video interview with community manager, Ramone Russell. Plenty of good information was touched on with some bullet points below. Make sure you listen to the full interview here, hosted by Brian Mazique.
  • You can create the same amount of players as last year
  • You can still edit players to the same extent as last year
  • Create a Ballpark is coming, but not this year
  • Quick count info (Make sure you pay attention!)
  • Talks about some of the new animations (some are specific to PS4, like slap swings, Japan league style swings - A couple hundred fielding animations)
  • All injury presentations are brand new
  • 6 team minimum but only one human player needed in online franchise (clarified by Ramone in comments)
  • On PS4, you will see more closeups of the fans, signs they are holding
  • Talks about new camera angles
  • Commentary details
  • Crowd model details
  • Some RTTS details
  • Community Challenge details (Creating any situation)

Game: MLB 14 The ShowReader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 12 - View All
MLB 14 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 121 SK8RAK3NROLL @ 03/23/14 08:52 PM
ya that sounds like its for the ps4.

# 122 SilverBullet1929 @ 03/23/14 08:56 PM
I myself am not saying they had to rebuild any retractable roof ballpark, my only thought was that if they had to choose between having the retractable roofs open or closed, they really should've gone with closed, the most important reason being the issue of rain with the roof open. Just saying.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2

# 123 SK8RAK3NROLL @ 03/23/14 09:09 PM
I hate playing toronto cause there number 1 pitcher is Knucle ball and there number 2 throws 98 mph

# 124 BaylorBearBryant @ 03/23/14 09:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curahee
No. Not in MLB14. Its on the list possibly for MLB15.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...0&postcount=13

They created 30 stadiums (plus MiLB & ST) from scratch.
Adding the retractile roofs would have meant 36 stadiums from scratch and that requires more time.
More time = more delay
I've been waiting for this feature since Pedroia was on the cover.

# 125 ShowTyme15 @ 03/23/14 09:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBullet1929
I myself am not saying they had to rebuild any retractable roof ballpark, my only thought was that if they had to choose between having the retractable roofs open or closed, they really should've gone with closed, the most important reason being the issue of rain with the roof open. Just saying.

Everything you just said I've already brought it up with CD guys and Devs. While I am pro retractable roofs and I too share your enthusiasm and for now it is what it is and Ramone already said it's on the list for next year so hopefully MLB 15 will be the year it's implemented if not, then I see MLB 16 as the latest. Hang in there man we are close to getting this wish crossed off the list in due time.

# 126 SilverBullet1929 @ 03/23/14 09:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowTyme15
Everything you just said I've already brought it up with CD guys and Debs. While I am pro retractable roofs and I too share your enthusiasm and for now it is what it is and Ramone already said it's on the list for next year so hopefully MLB 15 will be the year it's implemented if not, then I see MLB 16 as the latest. Hang in there man we are close to getting this wish crossed off the list in due time.
Good enough answer for me, thanks.

# 127 Curahee @ 03/23/14 10:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowTyme15
Hang in there man we are close to getting this wish crossed off the list in due time.

Online Franchise, Year to Year Saves, Cross Platform Saves, Generated Quick Counts, Retractable Roofs, Build a Stadium and soon probably Create a Team.

Each and every one of these features is something that was asked for by the community and these guys listened and put them in motion!

# 128 og236 @ 03/23/14 10:19 PM
If there's one thing SCEA does better than anyone else, it's listening to what the fan base wants

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 129 SilverBullet1929 @ 03/23/14 10:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by og236
If there's one thing SCEA does better than anyone else, it's listening to what the fan base wants

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Except for those darn Blue Jay fans right?

Lol couldn't resist

# 130 Curahee @ 03/23/14 10:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBullet1929
Except for those darn Blue Jay fans right?
Little do you guys realize, this is the running joke over in SD.
They have a pool going every year to see how soon someone will mention the Blue Jays jerseys.
They are never changing the color so long as Russell wins the pool every year.

Dude's got mad skills!

# 131 twinsfan34 @ 03/23/14 10:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
6 team minimum but only one human player needed. Tongue twisting question flow.
A privilege to be able to hear from Game Dev's...really. That shouldn't be lost on us.

I've participated on a lot of Madden and other game boards - but MLB TS is unparalleled in this regard.

# 132 ey215 @ 03/24/14 12:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cameron_ball
This community is so gullible & thinks way to positive. People on here are weird & annoying. Like stop I will flame all of you so hard.
This community has seen SCEA deliver an above average to excellent product year after year. This community has seen developers that actually listen to and interact with the it on a yearly basis and rarely (if ever) gets burned. We may not get everything we want every year, but The Show rarely takes a step backwards in any feature and never in the product as a whole. That can't be said about any other sports game on the consoles.

There's a reason that this community is positive about SCEA. They deliver.

# 133 BSUFAN @ 03/24/14 12:32 AM
Quote:
This community is so gullible & thinks way to positive. People on here are weird & annoying. Like stop I will flame all of you so hard.

# 134 Curahee @ 03/24/14 01:04 AM
Guys, just ignore him. He's a troll looking for a fight. His posts are being reported and have been forwarded to 2 separate Mods. Just let him be and let's move on.

# 135 ey215 @ 03/24/14 01:08 AM
Quote:
Nice? This is a video game? Devs want critics to make the game better? Saying the game is 100/100 is saying oh looks like we don't need to do anything except some roster updates & a couple improvements. & Nice you used a Disney movie reference what is wrong with you kid?
I honestly don't know what you're trying to get across. If it's that the sentiment of his post is to not post criticism, then you're right constructive criticism should be encouraged.

However, there's a difference between constructive criticism, groundless accusations, and trolling.

Hint: You're not doing the first.

# 136 ey215 @ 03/24/14 01:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curahee
Guys, just ignore him. He's a troll looking for a fight. His posts are being reported and have been forwarded to 2 separate Mods. Just let him be and let's move on.
Sorry, couldn't resist. You are correct.

# 137 bjthomas121 @ 03/24/14 01:09 AM
Nice interview. Can't wait!

# 138 bjthomas121 @ 03/24/14 01:12 AM
http://youtu.be/KBbjI4o9jaM found some MLB 14 ps4 gameplay! It's short but sweet!!

# 139 Curahee @ 03/24/14 01:21 AM
Quote:
That's ps3 I heard the guy in the background. But thanks for showing some gameplay.
PS4!

# 140 bjthomas121 @ 03/24/14 01:31 AM
http://youtu.be/zOvUrc0K45o I found another!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.