Home
MLB 14 The Show News Post

FranchisePlaySports has posted their MLB 14 The Show video interview with community manager, Ramone Russell. Plenty of good information was touched on with some bullet points below. Make sure you listen to the full interview here, hosted by Brian Mazique.
  • You can create the same amount of players as last year
  • You can still edit players to the same extent as last year
  • Create a Ballpark is coming, but not this year
  • Quick count info (Make sure you pay attention!)
  • Talks about some of the new animations (some are specific to PS4, like slap swings, Japan league style swings - A couple hundred fielding animations)
  • All injury presentations are brand new
  • 6 team minimum but only one human player needed in online franchise (clarified by Ramone in comments)
  • On PS4, you will see more closeups of the fans, signs they are holding
  • Talks about new camera angles
  • Commentary details
  • Crowd model details
  • Some RTTS details
  • Community Challenge details (Creating any situation)

Game: MLB 14 The ShowReader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 12 - View All
MLB 14 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 161 Knight165 @ 03/28/14 07:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by geisterhome
Thank you for that post, I got exactly the same feeling lately. I think this is nowhere happening as much on the here as it is in the The Show section of the OS.
Yeah....but......when you post things like this.....

Quote:

Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA

Yup he said it looks like him so I'm not sure anyone can be more of an expert on that than the man himself. If he didn't like it he would have told me.

your reply:
well would you expect an SCEA employee and community manager to say anything else on here

you're not really helping your argument that it is indeed sometimes well warranted.
No reason for that post.

M.K.
Knight165

# 162 Stumpy Santo @ 03/28/14 08:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cameron_ball
& there's a reason why the game doesn't take a step backwards? The game is already good. They don't mess with the core gameplay & the only sports game that does get worse is madden because they do very little to it & that's why they liked it I'm the beginning I see a lot similarities to MLB 14 & madden. Don't get lazy. & last time I checked we never get what we want? We say we want a better RTTS & we get a screen that shows us we got drafted & showcase that was in 2k for the past 5 years? We want a story & interview & don't even get me started on franchise. I swear I'll start a season and a pitcher like Clayton Kershaw will have a 5.30 era at the end of the year. I want interviews with players & managers. & the quick counts thing yeah it's a nice idea for some people but really they're making it out to be the biggest thing & I could care less about it. Basically that's just a business idea people that don't like baseball & want it to be faster & think it's too slow what this. & yeah I understand seasons might get to long but if you're a baseball fan you don't care. MLB is becoming a little bit to Arcade. & it's carting more to the casual fans more to the hardcore baseball fans.
I'm entertaining my kids tonight by reading this rant aloud in different voices. So far it's two thumbs up for "French Waiter" and "Tony Montana" and a thumbs down on "Yogi Bear".

# 163 Knight165 @ 03/28/14 08:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumpy Santo
I'm entertaining my kids tonight by reading this rant aloud in different voices. So far it's two thumbs up for "French Waiter" and "Tony Montana" and a thumbs down on "Yogi Bear".
Haha....
Video or it didn't happen!

M.K.
Knight165

# 164 Stumpy Santo @ 03/28/14 08:36 PM
That would lead to swift and justifiable banning.

# 165 Knight165 @ 03/28/14 08:38 PM
Quote:
Yeah...but you'd go out a LEGEND!

M.K.
Knight165

# 166 Heroesandvillains @ 03/29/14 02:30 PM
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
Haha....
Video or it didn't happen!

M.K.
Knight165
Quote:
Quote:
Yeah...but you'd go out a LEGEND!

M.K.
Knight165
Just popping in here to say this back and forth made my afternoon!

# 167 geisterhome @ 03/30/14 03:19 PM
Quote:
Yeah....but......when you post things like this.....

Quote:

Yup he said it looks like him so I'm not sure anyone can be more of an expert on that than the man himself. If he didn't like it he would have told me.

your reply:
well would you expect an SCEA employee and community manager to say anything else on here

you're not really helping your argument that it is indeed sometimes well warranted.
No reason for that post.

M.K.
Knight165
well researched but you are still taking it out of context:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
Doesn't really look like Brandon Phillips, though. I mean it does, but put him in a different jersey and I would be second-guessing who that is. Maybe it's just that the beard is very full, and I'm used to him just having chin stubble.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowTyme15
Kind of funny people say it doesn't look like Brandon Phillips, when Brandon Phillips himself said it does. SMH.
Quote:
Do you expect a spokesperson to say it doesn't look like him?

Plus, people look at me more than I look at me. I might surprise myself in thinking I look like something/someone when someone else might say I don't. It could also just be a distorted perspective.

Some players also say how they look like they bat like themselves and such, and they really don't look close. Or like when NASCAR drivers said they played old PSX games to help prepare for races. It's all marketing.
Quote:
Quote:
Apparently you didn't respond to the paragraph underneath that, which would be my counter to your statement.

Either way, my point isn't being understood, so I'll leave it be. I already made my claims about how much/little it looks like him. My comments thereafter were made generally speaking, not specifically about Mr. Phillips.

EDIT: I don't want anything to sound out of place here. I'm not trying to call anyone out on anything. I was merely speaking on the merits of game promotion; whether honest or dishonest, I just don't see spokespeople speak negatively about a product in public interviews, ever. I don't even see backhanded compliments. My post was not directed at Brandon Phillips or SCEA; it was just in response to the other poster bringing up what he said about it though.
Quote:
And yes I still think that my comment is valid although you weren't supposed to take it too seriously, ...you know. It's nothing against Mr. Ramone either, in any case he is just doing his job and I'm glad he is doing it the way he does.

# 168 kehlis @ 03/30/14 03:21 PM
Quote:
well researched but you are still taking it out of context:

And yes I still think that my comment is valid although you weren't supposed to take it too seriously, ...you know. It's nothing against Mr. Ramone either, in any case he is just doing his job and I'm glad he is doing it the way he does.
I think it would help to lose that emoticon....

# 169 blkatk87 @ 04/02/14 09:59 AM
Ok so its confirmed that you need 6 min users for online franchise. Total bummer. I think most real life situations are that two or three and possibly four buddies that live across town or far away from each other would want to do this. But 6 is pushing it? Why was 6 the min. Puzzling. The madden online cfm you can start one with just one human. Totally deflated us. We had such high hopes. I ran a test online franchise and added my buddy and it wouldnt let me activate the league. I was prompted to finish setting up teams.

# 170 HustlinOwl @ 04/02/14 10:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blkatk87
Ok so its confirmed that you need 6 min users for online franchise. Total bummer. I think most real life situations are that two or three and possibly four buddies that live across town or far away from each other would want to do this. But 6 is pushing it? Why was 6 the min. Puzzling. The madden online cfm you can start one with just one human. Totally deflated us. We had such high hopes. I ran a test online franchise and added my buddy and it wouldnt let me activate the league. I was prompted to finish setting up teams.
6 minimum teams for a franchise you can be the only user and have 5 AI teams if wanted to or 1 user and 29 AI teams. If you choose not to play against AI you can simply simulate wins against those AI controlled teams for you and your buddies. I dont have PS3 waiting for PS4, but know all ins and outs of online leagues from past years experience let me know if you need help

# 171 tabarnes19_SDS @ 04/02/14 10:02 AM
Quote:
6 teams not users. You can run an online franchise with just you controlling one team. I have an online franchise set up with 30 teams and I'm the only *1*human controlled team.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

# 172 HustlinOwl @ 04/02/14 10:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tabarnes19
6 teams not users. You can run an online franchise with just you controlling one team. I have an online franchise set up with 30 teams and I'm the only *1*human controlled team.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Love the setup on TSN so far

# 173 blkatk87 @ 04/02/14 10:12 AM
Well post a screen shot cuz mine wont activate . I have set all the other teams to cpu abd have myself and one buddy in it and it wont activate. I wont believe it til i see it.

# 174 HustlinOwl @ 04/02/14 10:13 AM
Quote:
Well post a screen shot cuz mine wont activate . I have set all the other teams to cpu abd have myself and one buddy in it and it wont activate. I wont believe it til i see it.
whats your PSN ID??

# 175 HustlinOwl @ 04/02/14 10:16 AM
Quote:
also make sure youre going into user management and setting other teams to CPU and not leaving EMPTY

# 176 blkatk87 @ 04/02/14 10:18 AM
Show me a screen shot. Cuz i started one with myself and one other and wouldnt let me activate it. We have 2 users and the rest set to cpu and will not activate. I wont believe it til i see it.

# 177 blkatk87 @ 04/02/14 10:21 AM
Sorry i didnt think my post posted. Its Blackattack87

# 178 HustlinOwl @ 04/02/14 10:22 AM
Quote:
Show me a screen shot. Cuz i started one with myself and one other and wouldnt let me activate it. We have 2 users and the rest set to cpu and will not activate. I wont believe it til i see it.
lol just posted a screen shot above take a look

# 179 blkatk87 @ 04/02/14 10:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HustlinOwl
also make sure youre going into user management and setting other teams to CPU and not leaving EMPTY
Hustlin I did that. Toggled all to cpu except the two. Then invited my buddy, he joined, I uploaded a roster and then it shows a tab saying You mus tfill out the teams with humans or players.

# 180 HustlinOwl @ 04/02/14 10:28 AM
Quote:
Hustlin I did that. Toggled all to cpu except the two. Then invited my buddy, he joined, I uploaded a roster and then it shows a tab saying You mus tfill out the teams with humans or players.
looking now http://theshownation.com/franchises/...ion=Management

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.