Home
MLB 14 The Show News Post

Check out the opening video intro to MLB 14 The Show, thanks to keystone570! Make sure to like and subscribe to his YouTube page.

Game: MLB 14 The ShowReader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 12 - View All
MLB 14 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Curahee @ 03/26/14 01:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Quiet_Pro
Well, I never said 13's was longer.
I know you didnt. I did!

# 22 sparkdawg777 @ 03/26/14 01:06 PM
Anyone else wish they could just keep "Radioactive" as their theme song every year? To me that song always got me ready to play baseball.

# 23 Ghost Of The Year @ 03/26/14 01:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkdawg777
Anyone else wish they could just keep "Radioactive" as their theme song every year? To me that song always got me ready to play baseball.
For me, I would keep Magic Carpet Ride from Triple Play 2001.
I never really paid any attention to that song until that game came out and now whenever I hear it, it gets me in a baseball mood
[/Pavlov's Dog]

# 24 JustSteve @ 03/26/14 01:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
It's nice but not as gripping as last years intro. They set a high benchmark last year but I am sure it was not as high of a priority given the extra console obligation. I wonder if the ps4 intro will be exactly the same? I would assume so.
You know what happens when you assume, right?

# 25 ShowTyme15 @ 03/26/14 02:49 PM
I see the Nationals undershirt color was fixed. I'm assuming the sock color will be fixed too.

# 26 Burge823 @ 03/26/14 05:08 PM
is this the PS4 one or the PS3??

# 27 zomgerd @ 03/26/14 05:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burge823
is this the PS4 one or the PS3??
This is the PS3.

# 28 ShowTyme15 @ 03/26/14 06:50 PM
Quote:
Why wouldn't it be for both?
Some are thinking it might be different on the PS4, but who knows?

# 29 Russell_SCEA @ 03/26/14 07:07 PM
Quote:
IMO, it doesn't make sense to devote extra time to creating a video for both the PS3 and PS4 version, instead of just having one for both consoles.
The development team doesn't create those intro vids. It doesn't effect our resources at all.

# 30 Sco291 @ 03/26/14 07:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOldboy
I just hope it doesn't autoplay every time we boot the game up. Maybe I missed the answer to this somewhere.

Please say that it doesn't play every time we boot the game up.
I don't see why it matters if it plays on start up every time...? You can just skip it like you have always been able to do.... lol

# 31 MrOldboy @ 03/26/14 08:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco291
I don't see why it matters if it plays on start up every time...? You can just skip it like you have always been able to do.... lol
I've already explained why I do not like that it plays every time. Many games show you the FMV intro and then once a save is created the game detects in on subsequent boots and doesn't play it again. Its a small annoyance that I feel does not need to be there from a user experience perspective, that's a personal opinon and not one that seems outlandish to me. If others disagree that is fine.

# 32 Sco291 @ 03/26/14 08:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOldboy
I've already explained why I do not like that it plays every time. Many games show you the FMV intro and then once a save is created the game detects in on subsequent boots and doesn't play it again. Its a small annoyance that I feel does not need to be there from a user experience perspective, that's a personal opinon and not one that seems outlandish to me. If others disagree that is fine.
Well, eh, I respect your opinion bro, even if it doesn't make much sense to me lol. I know what you mean though.

# 33 Shaffer26 @ 03/27/14 01:50 AM
I'm tempted to watch this right now, but I like opening up my game and watching the intro the first time through. Just a extra little something on release day. :P

# 34 Madden's Jowels @ 03/27/14 02:11 AM
Quote:
Why wouldn't it be for both?
Quote:
IMO, it doesn't make sense to devote extra time to creating a video for both the PS3 and PS4 version, instead of just having one for both consoles.

Why would they put a video with a bunch of PS3 game footage in front of the PS4 game? Would be a lousy introduction lol.

# 35 xNeurosiis @ 03/27/14 05:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madden's Jowels
Why would they put a video with a bunch of PS3 game footage in front of the PS4 game? Would be a lousy introduction lol.
Exactly. And since the devs don't create these intros, it would make sense that the PS4 one would be either different, or the same but with PS4 gameplay.

# 36 sroz39 @ 03/27/14 06:58 AM
That was kind of meh TBH. Last year's was obviously epic with Radioactive playing and 11's was awesome too with J. Cole's track but my all time favourite was 12's where they replayed the epic final day of the 2011 season.

This was just ok.

# 37 metsfan4life1 @ 03/27/14 03:32 PM
That was very solid.. But didn't like the music going with it. Just an intro, so I could care less about music playing with it.

# 38 bautistabomb @ 03/28/14 12:55 AM
Intro was pretty crappy if you ask me. Last years was epic and even then one 2 years ago with unbelievable comebacks of the Rays and Boston collapse was way better. It's only an intro video but must say I'm disappointed. Probably one of the worst intros in the last 5 or 6 years.

# 39 TGov @ 03/28/14 10:36 PM
I have to think they spent more time (or are) on the PS4 version...

I had a cool concept for an intro. It's all animated from the game, you start with Cabrera in the on-deck circle, then do some cuts of him at the plate, this is all dramatic with slow-mo and such. Then he blasts one out to CF, and while it's going over the wall who but Trout robs him! Then the music picks up and its quick clips(from the game) of then hitting the ball only to get out by one another in all different situations. It ends with a flicker back and forth shot of both guys crushing the ball for a homerun but then show Cabrera rounding the bases celebrating a game-winning homer...
It may sound a bit biased towards the AL MVP race lol... but just imagine having the top 2 from the AL and NL for the MVP and Cy Young awards basically battling it out. I think its an awesome concept for an intro, if done correctly...

# 40 Tomahawk @ 03/29/14 09:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sroz39
That was kind of meh TBH. Last year's was obviously epic with Radioactive playing and 11's was awesome too with J. Cole's track but my all time favourite was 12's where they replayed the epic final day of the 2011 season.

This was just ok.
As a Braves and Red Sox fan I'll be thankful if I never have to see the entrance to MLB the Show 12 again!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.