Home
MLB 14 The Show News Post

Check out the latest MLB 14 The Show screenshots, featuring starting lineups, pitcher rotations and ratings.

Once again, a BIG thanks to NYYanks26 for getting these for us!

As always, these ratings are subject to change before official release on April 1st. Let the rating bickering begin!

MLB 14 The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view MLB 14 The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: MLB 14 The ShowReader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 12 - View All
MLB 14 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Sco291 @ 03/26/14 01:48 PM
Is there a reason why Tanaka isn't in this game? Or will he be introduced in a roster update? Not a huge deal if I have to create him but....looking at my Yankees lineup/rotation I am seriously stoked to start a franchise with them on PS4.

Big thanks NYYanks26, cheers!

# 2 ShowTyme15 @ 03/26/14 01:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco291
Is there a reason why Tanaka isn't in this game? Or will he be introduced in a roster update? Not a huge deal if I have to create him but....looking at my Yankees lineup/rotation I am seriously stoked to start a franchise with them on PS4.

He won't be in the game until he pitches in a regular season game. Probably wont be in the SCEA roster update til week 2. Around April 8th.

# 3 Ghost Of The Year @ 03/26/14 01:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco291

Yep, he pulled a Barry Bonds and wants to be known as Reggie Stocker. But srsly, he will be in an update as soon as he appears in a meaningful big league game, and the proper paper work goes thru the red tape nightmare.

# 4 bluclws22 @ 03/26/14 01:52 PM
I think JBJ will have to be switched cause if I can give a very good hypothesis, Grady's ladies will be headed to beantown! Welcome to Boston Mr. Sizemore!

# 5 Sip_16 @ 03/26/14 01:56 PM
No blue jays line up? or did i just miss it lol

# 6 Curahee @ 03/26/14 01:59 PM
Regarding MiLB players, Rookies and New Prospects:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
As long as the player gets called up and has been approved by MLB. A lot of people have a misconception about this process. Not only does he have to be called up to play an MLB game and have a contract, but MLB has to approve him before our Thursday cut-off date, then he’ll be in the weekly roster update.

# 7 rkocjay @ 03/26/14 02:04 PM
Ready to play with my Yankees

# 8 Russell_SCEA @ 03/26/14 02:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curahee
Most importantly he must play some MLB games Spring Training does not count.

# 9 pay26 @ 03/26/14 02:08 PM
No Tanaka??? I hope this in ps4

# 10 AZSYankee_24 @ 03/26/14 02:08 PM
Can not wait to play franchise with the Yankees, and play Road to the Show

# 11 Curahee @ 03/26/14 02:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pay26
No Tanaka??? I hope this in ps4
Read the post just above you my friend.

# 12 KenJones @ 03/26/14 02:23 PM
Ratings look really good IMO. A few small squibbles, but I think they are way more realistic than in years past (fewer 99s and >90 players in general). As a sox fan, I feel like Lackey and Peavy are backwards. Lackey should be 81 and Peavy should be 77.

# 13 Ghost Of The Year @ 03/26/14 02:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sip_16
No blue jays line up? or did i just miss it lol
Toronto will only be included in the Canadian version.
The Jays have been replaced in the US version with the Buffalo Balls.

# 14 TeixeiraFanatic @ 03/26/14 02:38 PM
I like how there aren't as many higher rated players as previous years however some of these ratings are questionable at best. I know I can change the ratings, I do it every year but something seems off about these ratings. I think I saw that they altered the way they calculate ratings this year. Am I correct with that assumption?

It seems some young players are rated way too highly. Its been known that they base the ratings off the last 3 years but I'm interested in how that is dealt with rookies with this new ratings system.

For example, Jarred Cosart is an 82 and Sonny Gray is an 83 both pitching 60 innings last year. Meanwhile Shelby Miller pitched 170 innings and is the same rating.

I don't want it to sound like I'm complaining. I am just trying to understand how this new system works compared to last year, I just don't remember this being the case the last few years.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

# 15 og236 @ 03/26/14 03:07 PM
Some ratings are debatable, like Fernandez being above established guys like Wainwright & Verlander... But I like that there's not a big amount of 90+ players

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 16 Archie56 @ 03/26/14 03:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by og236
Some ratings are debatable, like Fernandez being above established guys like Wainwright & Verlander... But I like that there's not a big amount of 90+ players

In all fairness, Verlander did have an off year last year. It wasn't until the very end of the year and into the playoffs where he pitched like the Verlander of old. Like I've told many people, I blame Kate Upton for his down year. haha so yeah, I'm not complaining about King Felix having a higher rating than him.

# 17 Flaxseed Oil @ 03/26/14 03:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curahee
Tanaka does not pitch until April 4 (friday)...he will likely not appear in the game until the 2nd roster update.

# 18 Curahee @ 03/26/14 03:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archie56
In all fairness, Verlander did have an off year last year. It wasn't until the very end of the year and into the playoffs where he pitched like the Verlander of old. Like I've told many people, I blame Kate Upton for his down year. haha so yeah, I'm not complaining about King Felix having a higher rating than him.
Lets also not forget that Fernandez was ROY. Thats gotta hold some weight!

# 19 og236 @ 03/26/14 03:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archie56

Haha who wouldn't be a little distracted with Kate Upton Lol but since The Show rates based on past 3 seasons, I don't understand how Fernandez is rated higher than Verlander & Wainwright

P.S. Did you mistake Jose Fernandez & read it as King Felix?

# 20 seanjeezy @ 03/26/14 03:19 PM
Mariners look about right, although I would say Paxton should be on par with Walker at least for now.

« Previous12345Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.