Home
MLB 14 The Show News Post

Check out the latest MLB 14 The Show screenshots, featuring starting lineups, pitcher rotations and ratings.

Once again, a BIG thanks to NYYanks26 for getting these for us!

As always, these ratings are subject to change before official release on April 1st. Let the rating bickering begin!

MLB 14 The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view MLB 14 The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: MLB 14 The ShowReader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 12 - View All
MLB 14 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Flaxseed Oil @ 03/26/14 03:22 PM
Nova a 75 is BS. Dude has a 29-19 record the last 3 years and had a 3.10 ERA last season with 2 shutouts. BS.

# 22 seanjeezy @ 03/26/14 03:30 PM
It also looks like some of the pitcher ratings might've been rebalanced this year - in '13 starters' K/9 was roughly 10 less points than real life, looks closer to -20 now.

Here are Felix's ratings from last year:

99 stamina
84 clutch
73 H/9
82 HR/9
75 K/9
81 BB/9

Drops across the board despite having the best peripherals of his career, so the only explanation is rebalancing...

# 23 Arty23 @ 03/26/14 03:35 PM
Stats are editiable. If you don't like what they assign the player, change it. No use complaining.

# 24 Darkleaf @ 03/26/14 03:36 PM
I hate to be that guy... but can someone put up the Jays lineup and pitchers? Thanks.

# 25 Grnngld @ 03/26/14 03:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanjeezy
It also looks like some of the pitcher ratings might've been rebalanced this year - in '13 starters' K/9 was roughly 10 less points than real life, looks closer to -20 now.
Does this mean there'll be even less strikeouts? I felt like '13 was incredibly unrealistic in how few strikeouts pitchers were able to get.

# 26 NYYanks26 @ 03/26/14 03:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkleaf
I hate to be that guy... but can someone put up the Jays lineup and pitchers? Thanks.
It's not there? I will post them later if nobody else does first.

# 27 seanjeezy @ 03/26/14 03:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grnngld
Does this mean there'll be even less strikeouts? I felt like '13 was incredibly unrealistic in how few strikeouts pitchers were able to get.
No, the opposite actually! A couple of years ago it was near impossible for starters to have K/9 above 10 because the ratings to real life ratio was near 1:1 and therefore capped around 9.9 K/9 with a little variance. Now with ratings more spread out there will be a wider variety of results.

# 28 Steve_OS @ 03/26/14 03:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkleaf
Jays pitchers are in there, I'll ask NY if he can get the lineup, it is missing.

# 29 Steve_OS @ 03/26/14 03:48 PM
Just added the Jays, that was my fault. LOL

# 30 Darkleaf @ 03/26/14 04:02 PM
Thanks Steve.

# 31 SirSpencAlot36 @ 03/26/14 04:09 PM
hey idk if this is too much but i was curious if you could post screenshots of the entire 40-man (SCEA Players) for each team?

# 32 saintjimbo1885 @ 03/26/14 04:13 PM
Is it my imagination or are the H/9 ratings for the non elite pitchers a bit on the low side??

Could this be to make hitting easier this year, especially on the PS4, where SCEA will be hoping to get a lot of new customers??

# 33 MrOldboy @ 03/26/14 04:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by saintjimbo1885
Is it my imagination or are the H/9 ratings for the non elite pitchers a bit on the low side??

Could this be to make hitting easier this year, especially on the PS4, where SCEA will be hoping to get a lot of new customers??
Its probably more to do with whatever tweaks they made to the ratings system. It also afffects sims not just gameplay. I doubt that a lower H/9 will suddenly make bad hitters better. There are plenty of tools in the game already to make hitting as easy or as hard as you want without touching the ratings.

# 34 Grnngld @ 03/26/14 04:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanjeezy
No, the opposite actually! A couple of years ago it was near impossible for starters to have K/9 above 10 because the ratings to real life ratio was near 1:1 and therefore capped around 9.9 K/9 with a little variance. Now with ratings more spread out there will be a wider variety of results.
Awesome thanks!

# 35 BrianU @ 03/26/14 04:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grnngld
Another forum poster, Christian9, gave him this spreadsheet he made of a simulated year 1 of MLB 14. https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BwGR...N1UHpxbzQ/edit

A few typos in there I think but the sim stats look really good imo. Strikeouts look way better than last year. Only big issue is the amount of Steals are crazy high but it shouldn't be a hard fix for the devs if they decide to patch it (If we make enough noise!)

Download the file and open it in LibreOffice or Excel if it's cut off on Google Spreadsheets to see the full table.

# 36 ajblithe20 @ 03/26/14 04:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianU
Another forum poster, Christian9, gave him this spreadsheet he made of a simulated year 1 of MLB 14. https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BwGR...N1UHpxbzQ/edit

A few typos in there I think but the sim stats look really good imo. Strikeouts look way better than last year. Only big issue is the amount of Steals are crazy high but it shouldn't be a hard fix for the devs if they decide to patch it (If we make enough noise!)

Download the file and open it in LibreOffice or Excel if it's cut off on Google Spreadsheets to see the full table.
The Yankees record in that sim HAHAHAHA. I can only wish they do that in real life. Pretty happy with the sim stats we've seen so far though

# 37 Heroesandvillains @ 03/26/14 04:42 PM
I'm extremely happy.

Even with the patch last year, I honestly would be lying if I sat here and said I was in love with the sim stats.

Everything looks so great right now on all fronts. So much so that I'm debating on biting the bullet on the PS3 version and using the cloud save compatibility once the PS4 version drops.

# 38 Flaxseed Oil @ 03/26/14 04:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianU

I see 19 SP with an ERA below 3.00. That seems like a lot.

# 39 Russell_SCEA @ 03/26/14 05:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaxseed Oil
I see 19 SP with an ERA below 3.00. That seems like a lot.
There was 14 in real life last year so.................

# 40 Sirbigspur @ 03/26/14 05:01 PM
I really like how not every good player is upper 90's... makes it more realistic. I like how in fifa one of the greatest players to ever play still isn't a 99

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.