Home
MLB 14 The Show News Post

Bleacher Report has posted a couple of MLB 14 The Show screenshots, featuring Brandon Phillips, 2nd baseman for the Cincinnati Reds.

Game: MLB 14 The ShowReader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 12 - View All
MLB 14 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 1 ShowTyme15 @ 03/26/14 10:42 PM
Nice find sir

# 2 Shakedowncapo @ 03/26/14 10:53 PM
From a clarity POV the game looks phenomenal...But there just seems to be a lack of texture in the players faces. When comparing it to 2k14 with player facial scans...It doesn't seem to have as much depth.

# 3 Sretep75 @ 03/26/14 10:55 PM
Beautiful pics. Thanks for posting

# 4 ShowTyme15 @ 03/26/14 10:56 PM
Here you go.

# 5 Flaxseed Oil @ 03/26/14 10:56 PM
oh man this game is beautiful. can't wait!

# 6 Russell_SCEA @ 03/26/14 11:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakedowncapo
From a clarity POV the game looks phenomenal...But there just seems to be a lack of texture in the players faces. When comparing it to 2k14 with player facial scans...It doesn't seem to have as much depth.
There's 30 plus 1 million polygon count stadiums to render, with stadiums that seat on average 35k fans, no less than 15 players on the field at one time, day and night lighting with lighting transitions for time of day, etc........... do the math.

# 7 bp4baseball @ 03/26/14 11:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
There's 30 plus 1 million polygon count stadiums to render, with stadiums that seat on average 35k fans, no less than 15 players on the field at one time, day and night lighting with lighting transitions for time of day, etc........... do the match.
Does this mean Marlins players will look extra good

# 8 Shakedowncapo @ 03/26/14 11:27 PM
Quote:
There's 30 plus 1 million polygon count stadiums to render, with stadiums that seat on average 35k fans, no less than 15 players on the field at one time, day and night lighting with lighting transitions for time of day, etc........... do the match.
I wasn't downing the dev team when I made the comment, as I factored everything you mentioned after I made my post. I think a fairer comparison from me would be the Wei Chen shots from before. Maybe its just the lighting being different(or it being compared to the ps3 version of himself) but his facial scan jumps out differently(more depth) than the other PS4 ones we've seen.

# 9 burjeffton @ 03/26/14 11:29 PM
The screens look great. Excited to see these new ones

Ramone - you guys have done well.

# 10 Cowboy008 @ 03/26/14 11:38 PM
Looks great. God I can't wait for them to release a video so we can see how it looks in motion.

# 11 Greenforaday101 @ 03/26/14 11:39 PM
Everything looks great. As a Rockies fan I'm excited to see Coors Field to see if they have the orange sunset over in left field.

# 12 ckarlic @ 03/26/14 11:45 PM
Looks awesome...Looks like the PS4 version will undoubtedly be well worth the wait! Can't wait to see this game on my own TV and in my own house

# 13 Blzer @ 03/26/14 11:52 PM
The second shot definitely gives off an MLB 2K7 vibe when it comes to the lighting. It's nice.

Doesn't really look like Brandon Phillips, though. I mean it does, but put him in a different jersey and I would be second-guessing who that is. Maybe it's just that the beard is very full, and I'm used to him just having chin stubble.

I also like the sparse crowd look. I wonder if they'll start spreading out small crowds a different way though (like, more in the lower deck and less in the upper deck).

# 14 Hockeynut99 @ 03/27/14 12:06 AM
That does not look like him. But still the game looks great.

# 15 Thrash13 @ 03/27/14 12:31 AM
I think it's pretty clear it's Brandon Phillips, but to each his own. The screens look great just like all the others. Like someone else stated, this game is going to look insane on a big screen HD TV! The wait will definitely be worth it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 16 Madden's Jowels @ 03/27/14 01:14 AM
Quote:
There's 30 plus 1 million polygon count stadiums to render, with stadiums that seat on average 35k fans, no less than 15 players on the field at one time, day and night lighting with lighting transitions for time of day, etc........... do the math.
Clever wording you used there... wouldn't want to accidentally give us one tiny nugget of info like how many minor league/spring training parks are in the PS4 game this year, that would be terrible lol

# 17 ERA @ 03/27/14 01:20 AM
I may sound dumb for saying this, but what is with this Baseball is Better slogan? I remember someone saying that its linked with RTTS. I'm just trying to find out what it really is.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk now Free

# 18 m1ke_nyc @ 03/27/14 01:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ERA
I may sound dumb for saying this, but what is with this Baseball is Better slogan? I remember someone saying that its linked with RTTS. I'm just trying to find out what it really is.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk now Free
Im assuming its because we are about to enter the next generation of video game baseball on the PS4. Upgrading from PS3 to PS4, Baseball Is Better.

# 19 xNeurosiis @ 03/27/14 01:45 AM
I'm not sure what it is about these screenshots in particular, but they really wowed me this time. Looking at BP's character model, it's obvious it isn't the "ken doll" of last-gen's games. I don't know much about the technical aspects of the game, but it seemed like with last-gen, everything about the players was the same except for the faces. Now it looks like each player is actually themselves. I'm so freakin' excited! Can't wait to see how Mike Trout looks (because he didn't really look like himself in the last couple games), and how Weaver's hair looks this year with the new hair technology they have, haha.

# 20 MrOldboy @ 03/27/14 02:44 AM
Yeah, after first glancing at them I thought they looked pretty good. Although I wish the writer would upload the images in their native resolution, unless they weren't provided. But he does seem a bit...off from what he looks like in real life. Just that sort of uncanny valley feeling.

Liking how the wristbands look like they have some actual geometry now, on PS3 they could look flat from some angles.

« Previous1234Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.