Home
MLB 14 The Show News Post

Check out the latest PS3 MLB 14 The Show gameplay video featuring the Washington Nationals vs. New York Yankees, showing off the new Quick Counts feature.

Please like and subscribe to show appreciation for the video, courtesy of Keystone570!

Game: MLB 14 The ShowReader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 12 - View All
MLB 14 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 21 ralphieboy11 @ 03/27/14 10:45 AM
The hit by Jeter was definitely different. He was jammed and it still looped into left field. Didn't see a lot of that in '13.

# 22 TonyMoraco @ 03/27/14 10:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curahee
Editor's cut

Im not sure what you were expecting. We all know the PS3 is maxed out.
You can only fill a glass so far before it s full.

You're right!, but I don't foresee a big improvement in gameplay for the PS4 version either. Im sorry to say this.

# 23 Curahee @ 03/27/14 10:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyMoraco
You're right!, but I don't foresee a big improvement in gameplay for the PS4 version either. Im sorry to say this.
Again, Im not sure what youre expecting. Its baseball. Hard to change the gameplay when its an organized sport.

# 24 BSUFAN @ 03/27/14 10:52 AM
Quote:
Maybe you could wait and see what the PS4 version looks like before you decide on the gameplay

# 25 tnixen @ 03/27/14 10:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralphieboy11
The hit by Jeter was definitely different. He was jammed and it still looped into left field. Didn't see a lot of that in '13.
Indeed very nice looper type of hit there
Ball Physics and very smooth gameplay is what is getting me very excited for MLB 14 The Show from these PS3 videos.

# 26 burjeffton @ 03/27/14 11:00 AM
Loved the looper hit. Also liked the music on the HR.

Really looking forward to PS4 improvements in gameplay upgrades (swings, etc). I'm stoked.

My only criticism is short, sweet, and always the same: Commentary is average.

# 27 tnixen @ 03/27/14 11:01 AM
Quote:

What kind of improvement gameplay wise are you looking for?

As far as I am concerned the gameplay and ball physics look fantastic in these "Short" PS3 videos. I would be more concerned if the PS4 version is going to use 90% of the same presentations as the PS3 version myself.

# 28 BSUFAN @ 03/27/14 11:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnixen
What kind of improvement gameplay wise are you looking for?

As far as I am concerned the gameplay and ball physics look fantastic in these "Short" PS3 videos. I would be more concerned if the PS4 version is going to use 90% of the same presentations as the PS3 version myself.
Well : Looks like some differences will be there
  • More than 90 new batting stances
  • More than 160 batting
  • Completely re-done catcher animations suite (over 150 all-new catcher animations)
  • stance re-captures for players who changed their stances
  • More than 50 new fielding animations
  • More than 30 new pitching motions
  • 20 new signature HR swings
  • Intro Fly-Ins (PS4 Only)
  • New bat boy and ball boy presentations (PS4 Only)
  • All-new high-resolution crowd reactions, ambient noise, cheers, etc…. (PS4 Only)
  • Japan League-style and slap-hitter swing types (PS4 Only)
  • Over 350 new fielding and batting animations (PS4 Only)
  • Team specific, player specific, team generic crowd signs (PS4 Only)

# 29 aguero90 @ 03/27/14 11:06 AM
You know what's scary? How much more awesome can this actually get! These are ps3 vids, wait until we get some ps4 videos!!

# 30 tnixen @ 03/27/14 11:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aguero90
You know what's scary? How much more awesome can this actually get! These are ps3 vids, wait until we get some ps4 videos!!
Trust me it can get a lot better

# 31 nemesis04 @ 03/27/14 11:10 AM
On that HR by Beltran, the CPU runner (Jeter) did not give it away that it was a HR. He actually held up just past second (it was a little erratic) but it was not the automatic jog giving away too early that it was gone.

# 32 HustlinOwl @ 03/27/14 11:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
On that HR by Beltran, the CPU runner (Jeter) did not give it away that it was a HR. He actually held up just past second (it was a little erratic) but it was not the automatic jog giving away too early that it was gone.
IIRC it has always been this way unless it is a no doubter

# 33 Curahee @ 03/27/14 11:19 AM
Guys, I think we need to take a step back and look at these vids for what they are.... PS3 gameplay.

We all know that the PS4 graphics & animations will be better, but thats not what these threads or these videos are meant to showcase.

These videos are about PS3. If you want to discuss how much better PS4 will be over PS3, there are plenty of threads here where you can do that.
But lets not ruin perfectly good PS3 video threads with our expectations of the PS4 version and our disdain for current gen games.

Please.

# 34 Blzer @ 03/27/14 11:55 AM
1:50 FLAIR!!!

# 35 LastActionHero @ 03/27/14 12:19 PM
Quote:
One thing I noticed, and IDK if its just coincidence, but since its been asked in other threads, Werth did not barrel over the Catcher even though he had plenty of time to set up and knock him over.

Might be a clue there.

I believe this is not allowed anymore by the MLB starting this upcoming season so they won't do it in the game either...

# 36 Curahee @ 03/27/14 12:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LastActionHero
I believe this is not allowed anymore by the MLB starting this upcoming season so they won't do it in the game either...
I understand that. That was my point.

# 37 TonyMoraco @ 03/27/14 12:24 PM
Quote:
Again, Im not sure what youre expecting. Its baseball. Hard to change the gameplay when its an organized sport.

Again, you're right! But you very well know that baseball goes deeper that what you see on the field. And I don't think that they would make a whole new game for the PS4 version.

# 38 Armor and Sword @ 03/27/14 12:25 PM
As always the game looks incredible. They push the envelope every year.

I am so pumped for Tuesday.

1. Love....love the new dynamic batting and fielding cams. Brings a brand new freshness and organic look to the game.

2. Quick counts are fantastic. What is so awesome about this feature is when I want to settle in for a 1 hour game I don't use them. But when I know I want to play a 3 game series in 1:30 I can. It's a beautiful feature.

3. And the biggest feature is cross platform/title saves. Now I will truly be able to go deeeeeeep into my Franchise. Absolutely amazing breakthrough and a game changer.

Quick counts and cross saving alone make it a must buy. And I am certain everything else will be even better than 13.

Awesome job SCEA!!

# 39 Curahee @ 03/27/14 12:28 PM
Quote:
Again, you're right! But you very well know that baseball goes deeper that what you see on the field. And I don't think that they would make a whole new game for the PS4 version.
So what kind of depth were you looking for?

# 40 chitownwonder @ 03/27/14 12:31 PM
This dude says trust me it can get better, we all know that but to say it and not elaborate on how it can get better is just complaining. Some people are expecting a video gm to replicate real life exactly, sorry that will never happen.

Back on topic, game looks good for PS3 not to much more graphically they can do. Love how they continue to add features to this gm. Thanks for actual game play vids. I know a lot of us are appreciative of that.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.