Home
MLB 14 The Show News Post

Check out the latest MLB 14 The Show video as Keystone570 goes through the process of creating his player in Road to the Show.

Please like and subscribe to show appreciation for the video, courtesy of Keystone570!

Game: MLB 14 The ShowReader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 12 - View All
MLB 14 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 1 MrOldboy @ 03/29/14 09:02 PM
Nice, was hoping keystone would keep putting out videos. Let's Plays/commentary playthroughs aren't really my thing, but glad to see some more video before the game's out.

I wonder if they kept any of the stances in MLB 13 that were new to that version.

There were 682 in MLB 13 and it looks like 772 in MLB 14. (90 more)
The fact sheet lists 90 new batting stances, which could account for the +90 this year and then they did 160 recaptures. So does that mean that the stances that got recaptured are gone and none of them got retained as generics? There were several I really liked last year, especilly for my RTTS characters so I hope that maybe they replaced some old generics with the ones from MLB 13 that got redone.

# 2 pj_28 @ 03/29/14 09:32 PM
Really looking forward to that showcase video.

# 3 Madden's Jowels @ 03/29/14 09:47 PM
Showcase video noooooooowwwwww

# 4 Madden's Jowels @ 03/29/14 11:32 PM
Keystone, any chance we see the video for the Showcase tonight?

# 5 SK8RAK3NROLL @ 03/30/14 01:17 AM
I hate waiting for new games to come out.... fckn bored... i need a review or somethin...

# 6 seanjeezy @ 03/30/14 01:45 AM
What's up with the random yellow popping up while switching stances? glitch?

# 7 MrOldboy @ 03/30/14 01:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanjeezy
What's up with the random yellow popping up while switching stances? glitch?
Its weird, it seems to be associated with some part of the player model as it sort of moves with the player's movement and some players have the edge of the yellow high or off screen and other have it low. Maybe connected to the bat position or something?

# 8 RandyBass @ 03/30/14 02:02 AM

I thought create a player was supposed to be different this year. Looks like they just made a few minor changes. Kind of disappointing.

# 9 MrOldboy @ 03/30/14 02:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyBass

I thought create a player was supposed to be different this year. Looks like they just made a few minor changes. Kind of disappointing.
Its different in how you allocate your starting ratings I believe is what they meant, plus the showcase affects your draft/starting potential. The player editor is the same, that was confirmed a while ago.

# 10 johnlnames @ 03/30/14 04:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyBass

This is the PS3 version, PS4 will most likely be different.

# 11 SVCbearcat10 @ 03/30/14 09:50 AM
That's not Sheffield, it was Julio Franco's!

# 12 BravoSir @ 03/30/14 10:49 AM
There's also a few more gameplay videos on YouTube here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FTY2-qzP90&list=UURPdEgwlDnpHIDechjXGkCg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vodWnU3LQcw&list=UURPdEgwlDnpHIDechjXGkCg

Road to the Show and some STL v. BOS gameplay

# 13 basketballer0385 @ 03/30/14 11:17 AM
I assume that the ps4 is different as we won't be able to do sounds of the show right? I really just want to know what Ken Griffey Jr stance is

# 14 SilverBullet1929 @ 03/30/14 11:58 AM
Man I hate when they change the numbers and names of the stances. Makes it super confusing to make edits from year to year.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

# 15 paintray98 @ 03/30/14 12:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by basketballer0385
I assume that the ps4 is different as we won't be able to do sounds of the show right? I really just want to know what Ken Griffey Jr stance is
Looks like I saw it in the Legend stances in the video, but couldn't pick out which one it was

That's the stance i use too, I even used it in little league when i hit lefty. I used something like Mark McGwire's stance when i hit righty

# 16 underdog13 @ 03/30/14 01:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BravoSir
There's also a few more gameplay videos on YouTube here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FTY...npHIDechjXGkCg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vodW...npHIDechjXGkCg

Road to the Show and some STL v. BOS gameplay
Thanks for finding these

# 17 RandyBass @ 03/30/14 05:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnlnames
This is the PS3 version, PS4 will most likely be different.
Hope so. Creating multiple players betond just RTTS is a serious pain.

# 18 Madden's Jowels @ 03/30/14 07:04 PM
Where's that showcase video? lol

I'm like Pookie in New Jack City right now

I've decided I want to play left field for the Pirates. So I'm gonna have to take Starling Marte's job. Would have said CF but that spot's pretty unavailable lol

# 19 HustlinOwl @ 03/30/14 09:03 PM
still kills me seeing that "Nike Pro Combat" and yet same branding cant just be used on cleats, batting gloves etc

# 20 Tyler4 @ 03/30/14 09:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOldboy
Nice, was hoping keystone would keep putting out videos. Let's Plays/commentary playthroughs aren't really my thing, but glad to see some more video before the game's out.

I wonder if they kept any of the stances in MLB 13 that were new to that version.

There were 682 in MLB 13 and it looks like 772 in MLB 14. (90 more)
The fact sheet lists 90 new batting stances, which could account for the +90 this year and then they did 160 recaptures. So does that mean that the stances that got recaptured are gone and none of them got retained as generics? There were several I really liked last year, especilly for my RTTS characters so I hope that maybe they replaced some old generics with the ones from MLB 13 that got redone.

I'm really interested in seeing both the updated stances as well as the newly added stances for this year's game. This is the most I've seen of this so far. From the video I saw quite a few new names added to the queue of stances.

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.