Home
MLB 14 The Show News Post

Check out the latest MLB 14 The Show video showing off 30 things about the game you might not know about, also known as "The Little Things" by the average OS'er.

Game: MLB 14 The ShowReader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 12 - View All
MLB 14 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 41 VDusen04 @ 03/31/14 07:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_future420
I can never get these videos to play for some reason
I experience issues playing these videos at work (though YouTube videos work fine). On the off chance you're at work when trying to watch, that could play a role.

# 42 Curahee @ 03/31/14 08:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zello144
Hidden ball trick OMG
Now I can finally act this scene out
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2bte-txWBU
Just an FYI.... Its a CPU controlled cut-scene.
You cant actually do it yourself.

# 43 jnelson32 @ 03/31/14 08:33 PM
Interesting comment about the climate. I've never had a cloudy, rainy or cold day at Target Field since it's been in the game. Its always sunny and in the 70's. It's been mentioned numerous times the last few years, so we shall see.

# 44 dran1984 @ 03/31/14 08:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnelson32
Interesting comment about the climate. I've never had a cloudy, rainy or cold day at Target Field since it's been in the game. Its always sunny and in the 70's. It's been mentioned numerous times the last few years, so we shall see.
I have noticed that too...but I did notice that as he was talking about the climate they had a clip of rain in Seattle...however the Mariner's have a retractable roof...kinda takes away the realism because if it was rainy the roof would be closed...but oh well

# 45 Curahee @ 03/31/14 08:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick32093209
yes...and you can only imagine what happens next.

Anyway...I am sooo pissed. How the hell am I suppose to hold out until the PS4 version. SCEA...well played. You SOB got me for $120
Gamestop has a trade in deal. Trade in MLB/PS3 and get MLB/PS4 for $20.
$80 is certainly better than $120.

# 46 logan456 @ 03/31/14 08:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmax3000
Being able to carry your save forward from PS3 to PS4 is tempting me to pick up the PS3 version to play until it comes to PS4 next month, but that would be a really dumb thing to do, so I'm going to try to stay strong, and hold out.
Nah I do not think it is dumb, because I am doing the same thing. I cannot go until May 6th without playing a baseball game.

# 47 chitownwonder @ 03/31/14 08:45 PM
Anyone know if the show will have a trade in for the digital version from PS3 to the PS4 version? Really don't know if it's possible but my blue ray went out on my PS3 and vi refuse to pay all that money just to get it fixed for one gm.

Thanks in advance for any replies to this question.

# 48 ShowTyme15 @ 03/31/14 08:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chitownwonder
Anyone know if the show will have a trade in for the digital version from PS3 to the PS4 version? Really don't know if it's possible but my blue ray went out on my PS3 and vi refuse to pay all that money just to get it fixed for one gm.

Thanks in advance for any replies to this question.
Idk if that's possible or not man, but I see you live in Vegas. If you take the system to Game World off of Charleston and Upland they can probably fix your blu ray player and they do it on the cheap too. They repair systems.

# 49 chitownwonder @ 03/31/14 08:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowTyme15
Idk if that's possible or not man, but I see you live in Vegas. If you take the system to Game World off of Charleston and Upland they can probably fix your blu ray player and they do it on the cheap too. They repair systems.
Ok thanks for the advice. I'm somewhat in that area, not far from me.

# 50 ShowTyme15 @ 03/31/14 09:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chitownwonder
Ok thanks for the advice. I'm somewhat in that area, not far from me.
Yeah no problem. I'm not too far either. I went in there a few days ago. The place is legit. It's in the Bad Apple tattoo shop parking lot on Charleston just before you get to Upland. If you need directions just PM me if you're interested.

# 51 JaFFiTh @ 03/31/14 09:04 PM
Lovin' the Crash's (Chris Davis) batting follow thru. Looks like he really destroyed the ball right there lol. Also it's kinda cool seeing lefty playing infield, and they actually made plays pretty smoothy, nothing choppy of off 'cause of them being lefty. I play Slo-pitch and I've seen few lefty infielders, weird to see but kinda cool. I may play a game with all lefty infielders for fun lol.

# 52 chitownwonder @ 03/31/14 09:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowTyme15
Yeah no problem. I'm not too far either. I went in there a few days ago. The place is legit. It's in the Bad Apple tattoo shop parking lot on Charleston just before you get to Upland. If you need directions just PM me if you're interested.
Know exactly where it is, I drive motor coaches out here know most of the valley. That's cool to have a fellow gamer in Vegas haven't seen many in the 9 plus yrs I lived here

# 53 ey215 @ 03/31/14 11:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
Um since when is that most heated. I would say Dodgers and San Diego is more heated as well as Red Sox-Yankees. Both much more heated than Seattle and San Diego.
Hey now Sparky, everyone knows no other rivalry matches the Battle for the Vedder Cup!

# 54 SilverBullet1929 @ 04/01/14 01:50 AM
Anyone noticed at 16 seconds and at 1:45 how glorious the A's look wearing those spiffy home white pants... in Toronto!

How that ever got by SCEA is beyond me. Oh well.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

# 55 dran1984 @ 04/01/14 01:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBullet1929
Anyone noticed at 16 seconds and at 1:45 how glorious the A's look wearing those spiffy home white pants... in Toronto!

How that ever got by SCEA is beyond me. Oh well.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Yea it seems like alot of "little things" got by them this year....yet most of the "little things" they point out in the video have been in the game for years.

# 56 MR.RANDOM @ 04/01/14 02:34 AM
Lol at Gregor blanco playing 2nd man that gave me a good laugh..props scea

# 57 seanjeezy @ 04/01/14 03:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ey215
Hey now Sparky, everyone knows no other rivalry matches the Battle for the Vedder Cup!

Lol the tweet at the bottom is perfect. Amazing article is amazing.

Also from urban dictionary:

Quote:
The most heated rivalry nobody has ever heard of. "Natural rivals" the San Diego Padres and the Seattle Mariners play for this distinguished honor each season during interleague play of Major League Baseball.

# 58 grgmths1433 @ 04/01/14 07:57 AM
The wind plays a major factor in 14. I already loving this game. QC you gotta pay attention!

# 59 nemesis04 @ 04/01/14 08:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grgmths1433
The wind plays a major factor in 14. I already loving this game. QC you gotta pay attention!
It has more to do with the dynamic catch indicator then the wind. I can see how you would get that impression though.

# 60 VDusen04 @ 04/01/14 02:07 PM
As someone who's never played The Show or paid much attention to what they offered (360 owner here), that video was awesome. I'm a huge fan of big little things (like rays swimming in the tank).

This will be a novice question, but will the next gen. Show be the same but with better graphics? Or are their additional pieces being brought to the table? Is there a thread discussing as such?

Either way, even as a hardcore basketball guy (medium baseball fan), this franchise almost seems enough to sway me toward a PS4.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.