Home
MLB 14 The Show News Post

It looks like their will be a trade-in offer at GameStop for MLB 14 The Show gamers that want to purchase the PS3 version and trade it in for the PS4 version. Just make sure you read the fine print.

It appears as though you have to be a PowerUp Rewards member. Will try to get more clarification. Will also try to find out if digital download gamers will get any sort of break.

Quote:
Offer available to PowerUp Rewards members only. MLB 14: The Show for PS3 must be purchased within 30 days of release. Coupon will be digitally distributed after purchase. Coupon required at time of trade. Limit 1 coupon per game per customer. Customer may be responsible for sales tax. Net credit after promotion is $40.00 or greater, and must be applied toward a new copy of the PS4 version of the game being traded. After promotion, cost to the customer will be $19.99 or less before tax, where applicable; offer is not valid toward additional add-on content, like DLC, or non-standard versions of game. Eligible game must be traded in the same transaction as the purchase of an eligible new game. Not valid toward cash trades. Offer valid only when eligible items are traded. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Defective items may be eligible for trade at a lesser value. Trades subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward items normally accepted in trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice. Offer expires 5/31/14.

Game: MLB 14 The ShowReader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 12 - View All
MLB 14 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 61 angelstrout @ 04/11/14 11:41 PM
I received coupon 4 days ago and I already had $25 dollars in trade value so I'll just need to bring in PS3 version for upgrade. I'll get PS4 for absolutely nothing yeahhhhhhhh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 62 Heroesandvillains @ 04/12/14 10:52 AM
Still waiting...

I called Gamestop corporate and they told me not to panic unless I still haven't received it by the last day in April.

# 63 bcruise @ 04/13/14 03:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskins_Hokies
I don't see how this is a good deal? You spend $80 for one game. Yeah you get to play the PS3 version but your save data is not transferred, why not just wait the month?
Season, Offline Franchise and RTTS progress should be able to be saved to the cloud and downloaded to the PS4, just like with the Vita.

Plus I play this game year-round, and getting a head start on the gameplay tuning and tweaking was worth the $20. I understand it's not like that for everyone, though.

# 64 angelstrout @ 04/13/14 07:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskins_Hokies
I don't see how this is a good deal? You spend $80 for one game. Yeah you get to play the PS3 version but your save data is not transferred, why not just wait the month?

I traded a few games so PS3 version was $35 and the PS4 version will $20 so I'll get both for less than $60. The enhancements to gameplay enough for me to have purchase PS3 at full price if need be. I needed my baseball fix and enjoying the heck out of MLBTS 14 so far!

# 65 mlbguy4life @ 04/14/14 04:24 AM
This totally sucks ......

I am a rewards member at gamestop, I bought the ps3 version of the show '14 at Gamestop, but I bought it on April 4th , so now I can't get the trade in offer.

I WILL NEVER BY ANYTHING AT GAMESTOP EVER AGAIN IN MY ENTIRE LIFE

The only reason I bought the ps3 version was so I could upgrade to the ps4 version. They won't honor the trade because I bought the game 2 days early. Like it really makes a difference.....

# 66 DodgerFanatic2K3 @ 04/14/14 05:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlbguy4life
This totally sucks ......

I am a rewards member at gamestop, I bought the ps3 version of the show '14 at Gamestop, but I bought it on April 4th , so now I can't get the trade in offer.

I WILL NEVER BY ANYTHING AT GAMESTOP EVER AGAIN IN MY ENTIRE LIFE

The only reason I bought the ps3 version was so I could upgrade to the ps4 version. They won't honor the trade because I bought the game 2 days early. Like it really makes a difference.....
Wait..What???

The PS3 version came out on April 1st so you didn't buy it early so what's the issue??

# 67 mlbguy4life @ 04/14/14 06:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgerFanatic2K3
Wait..What???

The PS3 version came out on April 1st so you didn't buy it early so what's the issue??
You have to buy within 30 days of the release of the ps4 version according to the idiot at my local gamestop. I guess there could be the possibility of them being mistaken, but either way I think ill just buy it somewhere else just to spite them.

# 68 ramrod580 @ 04/24/14 07:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cezar24
Go up to gamestop, buy another copy of The Show for PS3 that will qualify for the promo. Take that sealed copy with your april 4th receipt and return it for a refund. When the PS4 version comes out, take your original opened copy, the email you got from the newly purchased copy and $20 to take advantage of the deal. Problem solved.
I believe they mean within 30 days of when the PS3 version was released. I bought mine on April 5th and they told me I would get the coupon through email. It doesn't make sense that they would make you wait to buy it, especially how hard they push pre-orders. The want your money ASAP. If I am wrong then I will not leave the store until they give me the credit.

# 69 manny2012 @ 04/25/14 02:05 AM
pre-ordered since day one. It will be by far the sports title of the year and continue that streak into infinity...

you heard it hear first!

# 70 mmorg @ 05/05/14 12:58 PM
So this coupon is supposed to be distributed in e-mail? I'm guessing it will come sometime tomorrow morning?

# 71 Heroesandvillains @ 05/05/14 01:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmorg
So this coupon is supposed to be distributed in e-mail? I'm guessing it will come sometime tomorrow morning?
I think it's through the Power Up Rewards App, underneath the "in-store offers" section.

Mine never came through email.

# 72 mmorg @ 05/05/14 01:04 PM
I've looked all over the app and the website and I haven't gotten anything. Wondering if something is screwed up. The employee at gamestop looked up my powerup rewards account when I purchased the PS3 copy and assured me I am eligible for the trade in deal but now I'm wondering if they were just blowing smoke.

# 73 seanjeezy @ 05/05/14 01:07 PM
Quote:
I got my coupon April 8th...

# 74 Heroesandvillains @ 05/05/14 01:35 PM
Call corporate.

Every time I've called them they've answered right away too (no holding)!

# 75 Aeonix01 @ 05/05/14 01:52 PM
Quote:
I've looked all over the app and the website and I haven't gotten anything. Wondering if something is screwed up. The employee at gamestop looked up my powerup rewards account when I purchased the PS3 copy and assured me I am eligible for the trade in deal but now I'm wondering if they were just blowing smoke.

Don't know what happened. I got the email almost a month ago. Check you spam email and filters first to see if it went there.

If it's not there, log into the PowerUp Reward site to see what Email address is associated with the account. Maybe the coupon was sent to a different Email address or the address they have is misspelled.

Lastly, call PowerUp support to see what happened. Maybe the person ringing up the sale didn't attach the sale to your Rewards membership number.

# 76 mmorg @ 05/05/14 02:00 PM
Called corporate and got it figured out. For some reason the coupon just isn't showing up for me. The guy gave me the code over the phone and I'm all set. Thanks guys.

# 77 Aeonix01 @ 05/05/14 02:04 PM
Quote:
Called corporate and got it figured out. For some reason the coupon just isn't showing up for me. The guy gave me the code over the phone and I'm all set. Thanks guys.

Great!!

# 78 artgfrosc @ 05/05/14 09:48 PM
Hey. Where do I find the "digital coupon" from the purchase of mlb the show on ps3. I bought the damn game and was told about the coupon but I cant find it anywhere? Is this a scam?

# 79 Aeonix01 @ 05/05/14 10:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by artgfrosc
Hey. Where do I find the "digital coupon" from the purchase of mlb the show on ps3. I bought the damn game and was told about the coupon but I cant find it anywhere? Is this a scam?

Should have been emailed to you. Call PowerUp Rewards customer support

# 80 FillyP @ 05/06/14 12:53 AM
Wow, I'm such a boner.. looked around everywhere and I CAN'T find the case for my PS3 copy. I already pre-ordered the PS4 copy and paid the $20 (+tax) difference. Unless it's at my girlfriend's place, I'm boned.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.