Home
MLB 14 The Show News Post

The Show Nation has stated that the first live roster update for MLB 14 The Show will arrive on April 8th, a week later than usual.

Quote:
The first Live Roster of the year will be available April 8, 2014. We understand this is a week later than years past. Please understand that if we could have offered the live roster on April 1st, without jeopardizing other critical responsibilities we would have.

Game: MLB 14 The ShowReader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 12 - View All
MLB 14 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 21 MrOldboy @ 04/01/14 04:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HustlinOwl
is A-Rod on Yanks??
I thought he was on AAA when people posted screenshots prerelease.

# 22 HustlinOwl @ 04/01/14 04:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOldboy
I thought he was on AAA when people posted screenshots prerelease.
just wondering with latest roster update??

# 23 MrOldboy @ 04/01/14 04:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HustlinOwl
just wondering with latest roster update??
You think they'd remove him off the roster in the updates? That would seem odd since he's still under contract beyond 2014 and people might want to use him offline.

# 24 Berserker2020 @ 04/01/14 08:07 PM
I hope they fix McCutchen because he looks nothing like him. I don't really get why his model is messed up though because last year his model was fine when he was the cover athlete. Prince Fielder's model also looks messed up. He has no dreads unless he cut them off.

Anybody else notice the issues with those two player models? I wonder if that is something they can fix with the roster update.

# 25 ShowTyme15 @ 04/01/14 09:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berserker2020
I hope they fix McCutchen because he looks nothing like him. I don't really get why his model is messed up though because last year his model was fine when he was the cover athlete. Prince Fielder's model also looks messed up. He has no dreads unless he cut them off.

Anybody else notice the issues with those two player models? I wonder if that is something they can fix with the roster update.
Prince cut his dreads after the season was over.

# 26 My993C2 @ 04/01/14 10:02 PM
I was impressed with the roster made available today. I play season mode games where I try to mirror the real world schedule and because I will only play one season with MLB 14, I did choose to exclude players from their respective 40 man rosters if the players will be missing the 2014 season in the real world and I also had to execute a few free agency signings that were not in the supplied rosters. But I only found three starters who were not included in today's roster. The Yankee's Tanaka and the White Sox's Abreu were not in the game (we already knew they didn't make it) and the only other starter that I could not find in the game was the Red Sox's Grady Sizemore.

Now if you demand as close as possible to accurate full major and minor league rosters, then today's roster update will not fly. But if you do not need 100% accuracy, today's rosters do not need too much work to be reasonably accurate at the MLB level.

# 27 MarkVI @ 04/01/14 10:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by My993C2
But I only found three starters who were not included in today's roster. The Yankee's Tanaka and the White Sox's Abreu were not in the game (we already knew they didn't make it) and the only other starter that I could not find in the game was the Red Sox's Grady Sizemore.
Jonathan Schoop of the Orioles isn't in the game which I find odd. He was on the 40 man all of 2013 and got in some playing time in 2013, unlike a Sizemore or Tanaka.

# 28 Lorne_SCEA @ 04/01/14 10:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkVI
Jonathan Schoop of the Orioles isn't in the game which I find odd. He was on the 40 man all of 2013 and got in some playing time in 2013, unlike a Sizemore or Tanaka.
Unfortunately, we weren't given approval to use Schoop by the MLBPA because he has not signed an agreement to use his likeness in our game as of yet. Hopefully, he'll be approved during the season to be included on a future weekly roster update.

Thanks and enjoy the game!

# 29 ajblithe20 @ 04/02/14 12:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorne_SCEA
Unfortunately, we weren't given approval to use Schoop by the MLBPA because he has not signed an agreement to use his likeness in our game as of yet. Hopefully, he'll be approved during the season to be included on a future weekly roster update.

Darn you Jon Schoop, I should've said something while I was at the game yesterday.....

# 30 MarkVI @ 04/02/14 05:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorne_SCEA

Thanks for the inside 'schoop!' I am enjoying the game in the meantime!

# 31 Foo4Everlong @ 04/02/14 10:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berserker2020

That same issue with McCutchen in MLB 12 The Show as well! Last year it was fixed and it's back again for this year! Don't get it! Same exact face and everything. Later

# 32 grgmths1433 @ 04/03/14 04:45 AM
I think Miguel Cabrera is a little too big. He looks fat! Haha

# 33 bronxbombers21325 @ 04/05/14 08:34 AM
Can anyone verify that Tanaka and Solarte will be in the update on Tuesday?

# 34 grgmths1433 @ 04/05/14 08:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bronxbombers21325
Can anyone verify that Tanaka and Solarte will be in the update on Tuesday?
Nobody doesn't know at this pojnt. Hopefully they are along with Grady Sizemore.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

# 35 ShowTyme15 @ 04/05/14 11:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grgmths1433
Nobody doesn't know at this pojnt. Hopefully they are along with Grady Sizemore.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
As long as they got an at bat before this past Thursday and submitted their paperwork they'll be in.

# 36 TGov @ 04/05/14 11:35 AM
I wish everyone on the 40-man roster could be added, I mean it is the Major League 40-man roster after all lol, then guys like Oscar Taveras and Gregory Polanco would be in there...
O well, in time I guess...

# 37 ajblithe20 @ 04/05/14 01:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TGov
I wish everyone on the 40-man roster could be added, I mean it is the Major League 40-man roster after all lol, then guys like Oscar Taveras and Gregory Polanco would be in there...
O well, in time I guess...
The most frustrating thing about this game is the rules they have to follow in putting players in their game. If you play Madden or NBA2k you get the rookies right away, which is exciting. In MLBTS, you have to wait a year to get their real model and face, sometimes their name, and any batting stances or pitching motions they have. Just wish there was a way to include at least the 40-man guys so I can call up more "real" players in Franchise mode.

# 38 HustlinOwl @ 04/05/14 02:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowTyme15
As long as they got an at bat before this past Thursday and submitted their paperwork they'll be in.
Hopefully deadline was extended to Friday, knowing Tanaka's debut and with Roster coming out Tuesday as opposed to Monday

# 39 Playboy™ @ 04/05/14 03:32 PM
mlb the show should hide players like Tanaka, Abreu and then when they play unlock them for us to play with there real models ive seen nba 2k do this.

# 40 TGov @ 04/07/14 12:45 AM
Anyone know what time the update is released? Isn't it around 8am EST???

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.