Home
EA Sports UFC News Post

It looks like the "Mystery Fighter" for EA Sports UFC (which was scheduled to release later tonight) has leaked out. According to NeoGAF user Coolade, users will be able to get instant access to him by pre-ordering the game.

Also shown in the picture is the June 17th release date. If and when we get confirmation, we'll update this post.

Game: EA Sports UFCReader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 7 - View All
EA Sports UFC Videos
Member Comments
# 21 DaveDQ @ 04/08/14 01:12 PM
Here is my reaction...

# 22 SmashMan @ 04/08/14 02:41 PM
Eh - didn't one of the THQ games have Shaq? This falls under the same category for me.

# 23 Iadf @ 04/09/14 10:32 PM
I think having bruce is great.

# 24 Anaxamander @ 04/12/14 10:03 AM
It's cool I guess, but I really don't care for non-UFC fighters.

Of course, it kind of annoys me that they apparently won't let us fight outside the weight class to maintain realism, yet we can put a martial artist who's been dead for 40 years in a UFC octagon.

# 25 BlackNGold @ 04/12/14 11:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anaxamander

Of course, it kind of annoys me that they apparently won't let us fight outside the weight class to maintain realism, yet we can put a martial artist who's been dead for 40 years in a UFC octagon.
I think it'd be cool to have the ability to set up an open weight tourney like PrideFC did in the past. Heck, it'd be cool of UFC did that in real life.

# 26 Anaxamander @ 04/12/14 02:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackNGold
I think it'd be cool to have the ability to set up an open weight tourney like PrideFC did in the past. Heck, it'd be cool of UFC did that in real life.
I'd settle for just being able to fight the next adjacent weight class, since it's not uncommon for guys to move up and down.

# 27 ManiacMatt1782 @ 04/12/14 09:32 PM
Quote:

Their reasoning was physics and collision detection based for not allowing open weight. Not realism. They didn't want it to look all glitchy when Mighty mouse attempted to slam Cain. At least that was the official answer given in one of the interviews.

# 28 Anaxamander @ 04/13/14 07:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManiacMatt1782
Their reasoning was physics and collision detection based for not allowing open weight. Not realism. They didn't want it to look all glitchy when Mighty mouse attempted to slam Cain. At least that was the official answer given in one of the interviews.
Yeah I get that for a huge weight disparity, but it wouldn't be a problem with adjacent weight classes.

# 29 aholbert32 @ 04/13/14 05:44 PM
Quote:
Yeah I get that for a huge weight disparity, but it wouldn't be a problem with adjacent weight classes.
Completely agree. You cant tell me that having a HW fight at LHW or a FW fight at BW wouldve caused collision issues.

# 30 Hayman19 @ 04/13/14 05:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick32093209
I can't figure out why anyone is complaining. Its just something extra...its not like they are taking something away by the addition of Bruce Lee
Well technically they could have used the time spent on creating Bruce Lee to create an actually current fighter, but people would still complain anyways.

# 31 PhillySportPhan @ 04/13/14 06:41 PM
I was hoping Satish Jha would have been the mystery fighter

# 32 Anaxamander @ 04/14/14 04:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Completely agree. You cant tell me that having a HW fight at LHW or a FW fight at BW wouldve caused collision issues.
They really should give us that flexibility. Playing UFC 3 right now, I can't make Chael Sonnen fight as a light heavyweight, or Machida fight as a middleweight, and several others who have gone up or down a weight class.

But for some reason, whenever someone brings up weight classes, the conversation always turns to "We can't have Mighty Mouse fighting Roy Nelson!" Even the developer used a similar example in his Q&A on reddit. But that's not the kind of match I give a crap about--I just want to be able to recreate fights that have happened or will happen in the real UFC.

# 33 aholbert32 @ 04/14/14 04:33 PM
Quote:
They really should give us that flexibility. Playing UFC 3 right now, I can't make Chael Sonnen fight as a light heavyweight, or Machida fight as a middleweight, and several others who have gone up or down a weight class.

But for some reason, whenever someone brings up weight classes, the conversation always turns to "We can't have Mighty Mouse fighting Roy Nelson!" Even the developer used a similar example in his Q&A on reddit. But that's not the kind of match I give a crap about--I just want to be able to recreate fights that have happened or will happen in the real UFC.
FYI, you can do this in UFC 3 using the Event mode bug. Let me know if you need me to show you to do this.

# 34 Anaxamander @ 04/14/14 04:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
FYI, you can do this in UFC 3 using the Event mode bug. Let me know if you need me to show you to do this.
Thanks man. I've used the Event Mode bug, but sometimes it freezes my event.

# 35 MattyEdgeworth @ 04/15/14 09:54 AM
Conor McGregor is in the game. I am pleased.

# 36 CaliDude916 @ 04/16/14 02:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyEdgeworth
Conor McGregor is in the game. I am pleased.
Same here. Dude is a warrior. Gonna use him a lot.

# 37 Pappy Knuckles @ 04/19/14 05:37 PM
Can you get Bruce Lee if you pre-order through the Sony store, or it only at retailers? I'd prefer to get this one digitally since I don't see myself trading it in.

# 38 CaliDude916 @ 04/20/14 05:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy Knuckles
Can you get Bruce Lee if you pre-order through the Sony store, or it only at retailers? I'd prefer to get this one digitally since I don't see myself trading it in.
Pre-order at retailers to unlock him from the start. You can unlock him by beating the career mode.

# 39 Pappy Knuckles @ 04/29/14 08:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliDude916
Pre-order at retailers to unlock him from the start. You can unlock him by beating the career mode.
They just put UFC up for pre-order in the PS4 marketplace and it says that it comes with Bruce. No word if you get Royce too, but if not I'll be going through the career mode anyway. I'll definitely be getting this digitally.

# 40 RyanLaFalce @ 04/29/14 08:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy Knuckles
They just put UFC up for pre-order in the PS4 marketplace and it says that it comes with Bruce. No word if you get Royce too, but if not I'll be going through the career mode anyway. I'll definitely be getting this digitally.
Same. Saves the trip to the store, plus hopefully we'll be able to preload it and play right at midnight

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.