Home
EA Sports UFC News Post

As mentioned yesterday, EA Sports UFC will ship on June 17th. Bruce Lee was also revealed as the Mystery Fighter and will be available via pre-order.

Today EA Sports has given more specific details. By pre-ordering the game, you will get instant access to Bruce Lee. Otherwise, all you need to do is complete the career mode on the Pro level.

Check out the EA Sports screenshots featuring Bruce Lee, right here and read the press release below.

Electronic Arts Inc. and the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC®) announced today that Bruce Lee, “The Father of Mixed Martial Arts”, will make his historic first step into the Octagon® in EA SPORTS™ UFC, launching June 17, 2014. Fans can pre-order today to get instant day-one access to Bruce, or they can complete the game’s career mode at Pro difficulty to unlock him. Players can fight with the legend across four different weight classes and test his legacy against the best of the best in the UFC. To see Bruce Lee realized in game, watch the EA SPORTS UFC Gameplay Series: Bruce Lee Reveal, the first cinematic trailer from EA SPORTS UFC that was released today.

“I am so excited about this opportunity to bring my father back to videogames!” said Shannon Lee, Bruce Lee’s daughter, CEO of Bruce Lee, LLC and Chairperson of the Bruce Lee Foundation. “I’m thrilled that fans can now interact with him in a new way. The EA SPORTS UFC development team has been incredible to work with, and they've done a great job capturing the look and feel of my father. I think people will love getting a chance to fulfill a fight fantasy by playing Bruce Lee in the new UFC game.”

“There’s no debate, Bruce Lee is the father of mixed martial arts,” said Dana White, UFC President. “He believed not one style of fighting was the best and that you had to have a little piece of everything to be a complete fighter. He was proven right when the first UFC event took place in 1993.”

“It has always been part of our vision to have Bruce Lee, the most iconic martial artist of all time, in the first ever EA SPORTS UFC,” said Brian Hayes, Creative Director, EA. “The team is very excited and tremendously honored to have the privilege of bringing Bruce Lee to life in our game. We’ve been working closely with the Bruce Lee team to ensure we represent the legend with as much visual and gameplay fidelity as possible.”

Powered by EA SPORTS IGNITE technology, EA SPORTS UFC is built from the ground up exclusively for Gen 4 platforms, EA SPORTS UFC captures the human athleticism, physiology and emotion of the athlete like nothing before it. Step into the Octagon® and Feel the Fight with every strike, takedown and submission.

Read more about the Bruce Lee addition below.

EA Sports UFC screenshot gallery - Click to view EA Sports UFC screenshot gallery - Click to view EA Sports UFC screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: EA Sports UFCReader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 7 - View All
EA Sports UFC Videos
Member Comments
# 21 ERA @ 04/07/14 08:08 PM
Am I the only one who heard snippets from the UFC Undisputed commentary? That really caught my attention, not in a good way.

And they entrance in the beginning, phenomenal. I thought it was a real-life clip.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk now Free

# 22 LingeringRegime @ 04/07/14 08:52 PM
Can't wait.

Pre order money is smoldering in my wallet.

# 23 Dr. Poe @ 04/07/14 08:57 PM
Bruce lee is raw! Too bad I can't play fighting games well.

# 24 ManiacMatt1782 @ 04/07/14 09:00 PM
I am indifferent about Bruce Lee. I will try him out at least once. But I will stick to mostly roster guys, and my CAF. I hope the game is as fluid as it looks to control.

# 25 Pappy Knuckles @ 04/07/14 10:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
I can careless about Bruce Lee......I don't see the point of him being in the game, but hey he is DLC, so it lessens the sting some what of seeing him in the game. I mean if EA want to get FACTUAL, Ip Man was the grandfather of MMA because he was the one who combined all the styles and he was the one who taught Bruce Lee, but what ever.

If EA wants to go that route, then they should have Helio Gracie and Masahiko Kimura in the game then.

I can just imagine it now, Bruce Lee will be the most used fighter online.
C'mon man. The average person doesn't know anything about Ip Man, Gracie, or Kimura, but damn near everyone knows who Bruce Lee is. EA isn't trying to educate the masses, they're just trying to add a little bonus that might get people talking about the game. I can see why people might not care about it, but it's far from a horrible choice. I'm a Bruce Lee fan, so I'll definitely give him some run a few times.

# 26 ManiacMatt1782 @ 04/07/14 11:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Poe
Bruce lee is raw! Too bad I can't play fighting games well.
Luckily fighting sims play nothing like killer instinct or tekken. Main things in fighting sims are establishing distance and landing counters. They are easier for someone who isn't as fighting game savy to learn than say street fighter, where high level guys can just keep going and going and never let you get any offense in. And having to manage stamina makes those long unreal combos impossible. I would give it a shot. It will be easier to learn than most other fighting games. But just like anything your ego will have to handle a couple whoopin's ehile you learn.

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.