Home
MLB 14 The Show News Post

Last Friday, I had the opportunity to attend a special preview of MLB 14: The Show on PS4.

Despite the event being deep in the heart of the Sony, it felt anything but corporate. Instead, the morning felt more like hanging out with a bunch of baseball fans, including Ramone Russell, talking sports and video games. We discussed everything from the MLB replay system to NFL 2K5, all while playing the next-gen version of everyone’s favorite baseball game.

In fact, playing is what we did for the majority of the event. My goal was to experience the game as a whole, and not to dig into specific portions of the game. I didn’t visit every stadium (in fact, they weren’t all available in the current build) or dissect individual player models. Only exhibition and head-to-head modes were available. This objective colors the below observations which, again, are rather big picture.

Read More - MLB 14 The Show: Hands-on Preview (PS4)

Game: MLB 14 The ShowReader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 12 - View All
MLB 14 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Cowboy008 @ 04/08/14 02:49 PM
Can't wait for May 6th

# 2 chiwhitesoxGOSOX @ 04/08/14 02:51 PM
May 6th better come quick. This game is going to be amazing. Once mlb 14 the show and watchdogs comes out for the ps4 i am going to have no life.

# 3 ghettofocker @ 04/08/14 03:21 PM
May is looking like a good month for PS4

# 4 aguero90 @ 04/08/14 03:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlamingWeazel
Wish time travel was possible, hello May 6th.
Lets borrow Hermione Granger's time turner!

# 5 aguero90 @ 04/08/14 04:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Quiet_Pro
You realize Hermione used the time turner to go BACK in time right? LOL. I dont wanna go BACK in time. lol
Well, I'm the biggest Potter fan you could ever know, so yeah. But Rowling never said you couldn't go forward in time!

# 6 PsychoBulk @ 04/08/14 05:05 PM
Very informative write up, thanks Caley.

Its basically the Show we all know and love, but looking resplendantly next gen

# 7 Heroesandvillains @ 04/08/14 05:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoBulk
Very informative write up, thanks Caley.

Its basically the Show we all know and love, but looking resplendantly next gen
You Englishman with your Rave-scene GIF's and words that make me use Google...

Nice to see you back on the boards, Psychobulk! And I couldn't agree more. I think. Still gotta see if that word and 'awesome' are synonyms.

# 8 OhSillyRabbit18 @ 04/08/14 08:45 PM
Very informative write up, the game should look amazing. Can't wait to play ball

# 9 OhioCub @ 04/08/14 10:14 PM
Question regarding the lighting, and you may not have had the chance to even look for this, but if you're in a late afternoon game and the shadows are in between the mound and home plate do you get the actual effect of the ball going into the shadows? I'd be really impressed if it's in there but not all that disappointed if it's not... yet. Definitely hope it becomes the case in future iterations though.

# 10 thaSLAB @ 04/08/14 11:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroesandvillains
You Englishman with your Rave-scene GIF's and words that make me use Google...

Nice to see you back on the boards, Psychobulk! And I couldn't agree more. I think. Still gotta see if that word and 'awesome' are synonyms.
Don't forget to read his signature! I'll never forget the first time I traveled to the UK... the customs officer asked if I was there on pleasure or to learn proper use of the language, lol. I replied, I don't know I'm just Randy.

htcONE [M8] | Tapatalk Pro

# 11 LastActionHero @ 04/09/14 01:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioCub
Question regarding the lighting, and you may not have had the chance to even look for this, but if you're in a late afternoon game and the shadows are in between the mound and home plate do you get the actual effect of the ball going into the shadows? I'd be really impressed if it's in there but not all that disappointed if it's not... yet. Definitely hope it becomes the case in future iterations though.

I think they've never done this on purpose because it would be too hard to see the ball. A hard hit grounder at the foulball line is allready hard to see so if the infield is in the shadows and the ball too I think it's impossible to spot.

# 12 jim48888888 @ 04/09/14 05:05 AM
been looking at all the hands on writeups and saw some gameplay preview vids. my question is... why are the dugouts still so barren? they talk about all the details they added to the ps4 version, like camera wells and such, but there are still only players in the dugouts... no bats, no gloves. this is the visual detail i was hoping for the most to be improved upon in the jump from ps3 to ps4. oh well... maybe next year.

# 13 BigshotSportcenter @ 04/09/14 11:06 AM
Im getting all my sleep now before May 6th.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.