Home
MLB 14 The Show News Post

A lot of this MLB 14 The Show video footage can be seen in our hands-on preview video, but for those of you that want to see a little bit more, check out the following videos from IGN.

Video #1

Video #2

Video #3

Thanks for the heads up GoodGameBro!

Game: MLB 14 The ShowReader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 12 - View All
MLB 14 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 141 ryanmc564 @ 04/10/14 03:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodweaver
It's all to scale based on real world measurements.

Thanks for the reply Woodweaver. I perhaps just need to make adjustments on my t.v. or the camera in the game to get the ratio the same as if I were watching game on t.v. Is the editable camera option still available in the game?

# 142 seanjeezy @ 04/10/14 03:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanmc564
Thanks for the reply Woodweaver. I perhaps just need to make adjustments on my t.v. or the camera in the game to get the ratio the same as if I were watching game on t.v. Is the editable camera option still available in the game?
TV brand? Check if you have a full pixel option, enable it, then max out the horizontal and vertical size sliders in the game. You'll also get rid of the black border in screenshots too.

Of course, with the game being 1080p on PS4 you probably won't have to do anything.

# 143 BenGerman @ 04/10/14 03:31 PM
I'm okay with what we've seen so far, but I'm not floored. I set myself up to be blown away, so in part, it's my own fault.

I do hope that by next year the game has taken some leaps forward. Marlon Byrd hitting a homerun has looked the same the last four or five years the game has been put out. A lot of the animations (like the OF catching the ball casually) look more robotic than they would if we were seeing something for the first time.

MLB: The Show is my favorite series, and this development team has had a tendency in the past to blow my mind and innovate, so that's what I've come to expect. Again, I haven't played the game and small samples of gameplay are not nearly enough to make judgement calls. It speaks to the consistency of the series that I have no doubt it will be the best sports game on the market even if it made 0 changes.

The game looks amazing, though. The lighting is spot on. There are some small things I hoped they fix in the future (OF still too small, infield dirt is way too light, player models still a little off), but when I'm complaining about stuff like that, it means we have a good game on our hands. There's nothing run with the core gameplay of this game, and it looks like that hasn't changed.

# 144 ShowTyme15 @ 04/10/14 03:38 PM

# 145 ryanmc564 @ 04/10/14 03:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanjeezy
TV brand? Check if you have a full pixel option, enable it, then max out the horizontal and vertical size sliders in the game. You'll also get rid of the black border in screenshots too.

Of course, with the game being 1080p on PS4 you probably won't have to do anything.
its a Panasonic 42" viera but its older version it only displays at 720p or 1080i

The only thing I can say about the show and the real life broadcast is that the show looks to have a wider and taller frame than what the t.v. broadcast does meaning you see more of the crowd in the show than you do on t.v. but also perhaps i just need to move the camera on the show a little closer to the pitcher to get the same shot ( if that make any sense)

# 146 Hockeynut99 @ 04/10/14 03:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowTyme15

Not bad but the bridge is too big. And the fans are looking fake. Still not bad.

# 147 Madden's Jowels @ 04/10/14 04:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowTyme15
Spoiler

What am I looking at here? 2 real life shots of PNC presented without explanation or comment?

# 148 ryanmc564 @ 04/10/14 04:07 PM

I would die if The show could replicate a scene like this the colors are so bright a vivid the cloud coverage is awesome. looked like a perfect day in this picture.

# 149 THESHAMISASHAME @ 04/10/14 05:40 PM
First I will be upgrading to a PS4 system when the PS4 version is ready and this is mainly because of my love for QC mode that is really fun and to the point with little forced frustration .

But that being said the player models look like nothing more than a Hi Def ps3 port to me and many , look , obviously its not from what SCEA says but it looks like it once again its our impression and to tell you the truth I was hoping for a breath of fresh air as those models are 3 years old and some parts even older so I hope next year and in future years the PS3 version doesnt hold back the PS4 just to have compatibility .

And those tortoise shell catcher chest protectors theres no excuse there still in the game but IMO I think its because of rosters being linked the equipment has to be the same on both versions to avoid roster transfer issues ,bugs or corruption at least in this years version.

Just my 2 pennies worth !

# 150 ThrowBack @ 04/10/14 07:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by THESHAMISASHAME
First I will be upgrading to a PS4 system when the PS4 version is ready and this is mainly because of my love for QC mode that is really fun and to the point with little forced frustration .

But that being said the player models look like nothing more than a Hi Def ps3 port to me and many , look , obviously its not from what SCEA says but it looks like it once again its our impression and to tell you the truth I was hoping for a breath of fresh air as those models are 3 years old and some parts even older so I hope next year and in future years the PS3 version doesnt hold back the PS4 just to have compatibility .

And those tortoise shell catcher chest protectors theres no excuse there still in the game but IMO I think its because of rosters being linked the equipment has to be the same on both versions to avoid roster transfer issues ,bugs or corruption at least in this years version.

Just my 2 pennies worth !
I agree that the PS4 models don't look much different than the PS3 models.

Something people should consider though is that the work they put into updating all the stadiums is a massive undertaking. 30 unique MLB stadiums that have to be built from scratch and also a hand full of minor league and spring training stadiums. It's not reasonable to expect to have all the stadiums redone AND have brand new player models.

Compare with NBA 2k14. Fantastic player models but cookie cutter arenas. Which do you think took more work?

# 151 Hockeynut99 @ 04/10/14 07:33 PM
The player models look the same. But the details with the real looking hair is going to be huge. Trust me. Also the PS3 player models look too good for a ps3 system.

# 152 pale_hose_fan @ 04/10/14 08:02 PM
In video 3 at the end the dirt / rock looking objects around home plate bug me a little. To be honest I wasn't expecting all new player models for 14 and I won't have to high of hopes for 15. But after that I will raise my expectations. Now besides those small things I think the lighting looks outstanding for the night games even on you tube videos. I'm still very excited about this game.

# 153 aguero90 @ 04/11/14 06:50 AM
I think NatsFan95 is more visually impaired than me! lol, even I can see ps4 is better looking!

# 154 SVCbearcat10 @ 04/11/14 08:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrowBack
I agree that the PS4 models don't look much different than the PS3 models.

Something people should consider though is that the work they put into updating all the stadiums is a massive undertaking. 30 unique MLB stadiums that have to be built from scratch and also a hand full of minor league and spring training stadiums. It's not reasonable to expect to have all the stadiums redone AND have brand new player models.

Compare with NBA 2k14. Fantastic player models but cookie cutter arenas. Which do you think took more work?
Plus consider the number of players on an NBA team versus the number on a MLB team. There's 2.5 to 3 times the players to work on.

# 155 Tomba @ 04/11/14 06:45 PM
watched the vids thought i was watching higher textures and overly contrasted lighting or whatever.

I was ALWAYS impressed by the ps3 versions this is now just a quick "get on the new system port" EVEN if that port is better STRUCTURALLY Cant do much when youre STILL making game for BOTH systems

FOCUS should SHIFT

# 156 BSUFAN @ 04/11/14 06:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomba
watched the vids thought i was watching higher textures and overly contrasted lighting or whatever.

I was ALWAYS impressed by the ps3 versions this is now just a quick "get on the new system port" EVEN if that port is better STRUCTURALLY Cant do much when youre STILL making game for BOTH systems

FOCUS should SHIFT
Well then I am very glad and excited to be getting my PS4 version " new system port " as you say, lol on May 6th

# 157 Woodweaver @ 04/11/14 07:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomba

FOCUS should SHIFT

As my wife is fond of saying, "That is your opinion, and your opinion happens to be wrong." :-)

Check the fact sheet...and the game when it is released.

# 158 ShowTyme15 @ 04/11/14 08:57 PM
There's the word "port" again...........

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.