Home
R.B.I. Baseball 14 News Post

R.B.I. Baseball 14 is available now for 360, PS3 and iOS devices.

Check out the gameplay video we recorded this morning, right here (sorry no audio, looking into it). Fellow OS'er CaCHooKa Man has uploaded a video as well, which has audio.

If you have downloaded the game, let us know your thoughts!

Game: R.B.I. Baseball 14Hype Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: Android / iOS / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 10 - View All
R.B.I. Baseball 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 afail @ 04/09/14 12:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Formula1Racing
This is it? Wow what a letdown. I feel bad for the Xbox only people. IMO, The NeoGeo baseball game is better then this and that game is old school arcade as well. What a waste of programing.
I think you are missing the point of this game. There is a market of people who don't need/want more than a simple fun game with strong game play

# 42 Formula1Racing @ 04/09/14 12:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by afail
I think you are missing the point of this game. There is a market of people who don't need/want more than a simple fun game with strong game play
No, you're missing my point, I said the NeoGeo game is also arcade and it plays and looks more enjoyable as an arcade BB game then this game shows. And don't let Adam Jones fool you as him laughing and having fun....He laughing all the way to the bank! so he needs to pitch this game to us for $20.00 so he can get his $$$$ transfer to his account, or maybe it is already there!..lol ouch!

# 43 burjeffton @ 04/09/14 12:17 PM
Downloaded for iPad/iPhone. It's a fun arcade game, and great for killing time here and there. Definitely better on the iPad, as the iPhone controls are a little too small.

# 44 SmoothyRogers @ 04/09/14 12:26 PM
Isn't this game supposed to come out today for PS3?

# 45 Formula1Racing @ 04/09/14 12:45 PM
Ok, I understand that this Arcade BB game is made to mimic the original RBI game. And that this is for those that don't need all those stats or difficult gameplay etc and that's fine and I get it. However, what about those with Xbox360/1 that do want a decent BB game for their console. Are they left out? Is this what is going to look like for the nextgen XB1 and PS4 in terms of graphics or are they going to spice it up a little?

It just seem strange to me that no third party or MS has announced that a comparable to The Show BB game for the XB1 is in the works. I know we can forget about this year but maybe next year?

# 46 Rifle_Man81 @ 04/09/14 12:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaGigolo
Maybe next years version. The gameplay is beyond exceptional. Quick question.

I noticed one of the achievements is throw a runner out at home with a Fast Throw from outfield. What is a Fast Throw?
If I remember correctly, on the original game tapping the d-pad and throw button at the exact same time would create a faster throw in the field. I can't confirm because I'm waiting for PS3 release, but I suggest trying that,

# 47 Dunebug @ 04/09/14 01:14 PM
This game on iOS is GOD awful.

Me and the CPU combined for 38 strikeouts in one game.

I've played five full games and haven't scored a run.

It should be called K-Baseball...

Simply making contact is an impossibility...

# 48 Teirminator @ 04/09/14 01:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunebug
Simply making contact is an impossibility...
What device do you have? Played great on my iPhone 5. Only struck out once. K'd the CPU maybe half a dozen times. Final score 1-0.

# 49 jamiegeist @ 04/09/14 01:38 PM
Well I just found it on PS3 (had to search) but don't see a demo. Really want to give the gameplay a try and see if it can hook me, because I'm in the camp that's very disappointed by the lack of in-season stats.

Anyone see a demo on PS3 that I'm just not seeing?

# 50 Rifle_Man81 @ 04/09/14 01:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmoothyRogers
Isn't this game supposed to come out today for PS3?
It is up on the PSN store for PS3. I'm downloading it now.

# 51 GnarlyKing @ 04/09/14 02:20 PM
The demo is fun. I'm going to wait for the Xbox One version to buy. The only thing I wish it had was some kind of multi-season mode. Maybe next year.

# 52 krispykeith @ 04/09/14 02:29 PM
I played a full game despite my frustration over the stats. The phrase that keeps going through my mind is "missed opportunity".

I wanted them to keep the simplistic two button approach so I am fine with the way control feels. I sort of wish they would have put a little more flavor into the graphics. They are fine but they could have really made it timeless by giving it a little more visual spice, even within the cartoony approach. It seems like the approach was bare minimum but nothing in the graphics would present me from enjoying it.

At the end of the day it literally feels like the old game with a vanilla graphic update. Why not add stats so people could compare leaderboards for kicks? Why not add in some fun ballpark sounds and without straying from the arcade theme give it some fun sound bites? Why not add a few advancements within the simple control scheme like diving for balls just as most games from the era did.

It is too bad. All I really needed to buy it was the basic gameplay with some enhancements here and there. Instead it feels like the exact same game only very vanilla and doing really nothing to improve on the original. Just to clarify i am not asking them to make it complex or overhaul the game...just more of the same but a little bigger and better. I think they missed the strike zone on this one. I am disappointed.

# 53 GnarlyKing @ 04/09/14 02:42 PM
If they don't want to add a franchise mode like we're used to, and I have a feeling they don't, one approach to a multi-season mode I think would be cool is to copy Tecmo Super Bowl. If you guys remember, those had 3 years worth of rosters for each team and you could replay the last 2 years and the current year with the real rosters for those years. Do that with RBI 15 and give it 3-5 years or so worth of rosters and it would be neat. It lets you feel like you have a little continuity in your league without having to deal with financial transactions and trade logic and draft logic and all that stuff that would probably complicate the game beyond what they have the staffing to handle. I think it would fit nicely for this type of game.

# 54 Joey @ 04/09/14 02:49 PM
I should have clarified earlier when I asked about a box score. From the video I saw it looked like there is no expanded box score showing each players line for the game, just line totals per team. Is that correct? I'll probably get this regardless to play with my son, but I was just curious.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

# 55 Dunebug @ 04/09/14 03:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teirminator
What device do you have? Played great on my iPhone 5. Only struck out once. K'd the CPU maybe half a dozen times. Final score 1-0.
iPhone 4 iOS 7.

Is it not the same game on iPhone 4 as iPhone 5?

# 56 Teirminator @ 04/09/14 03:15 PM
Quote:
It's probably the same game. But that is a much older phone with lower performance. If the framerate is worse, then that could potentially make it harder to make contact.

# 57 fearwhatnow @ 04/09/14 03:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Formula1Racing
Ok, I understand that this Arcade BB game is made to mimic the original RBI game. And that this is for those that don't need all those stats or difficult gameplay etc and that's fine and I get it. However, what about those with Xbox360/1 that do want a decent BB game for their console. Are they left out? Is this what is going to look like for the nextgen XB1 and PS4 in terms of graphics or are they going to spice it up a little?

It just seem strange to me that no third party or MS has announced that a comparable to The Show BB game for the XB1 is in the works. I know we can forget about this year but maybe next year?
The only company with a very good base for a baseball game is KONAMI imo. But the MLB license is too expensive for them unfortunately. I wouldn't trust EA or MS right now. X360 users are stuck with this. Alternatively The Bigs 2 is still a superb baseball game if X360 owners don't want the RBI or the past MLB2k games.

# 58 roadman @ 04/09/14 03:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by krispykeith
I played a full game despite my frustration over the stats. The phrase that keeps going through my mind is "missed opportunity".

I wanted them to keep the simplistic two button approach so I am fine with the way control feels. I sort of wish they would have put a little more flavor into the graphics. They are fine but they could have really made it timeless by giving it a little more visual spice, even within the cartoony approach. It seems like the approach was bare minimum but nothing in the graphics would present me from enjoying it.

At the end of the day it literally feels like the old game with a vanilla graphic update. Why not add stats so people could compare leaderboards for kicks? Why not add in some fun ballpark sounds and without straying from the arcade theme give it some fun sound bites? Why not add a few advancements within the simple control scheme like diving for balls just as most games from the era did.

It is too bad. All I really needed to buy it was the basic gameplay with some enhancements here and there. Instead it feels like the exact same game only very vanilla and doing really nothing to improve on the original. Just to clarify i am not asking them to make it complex or overhaul the game...just more of the same but a little bigger and better. I think they missed the strike zone on this one. I am disappointed.
I understand what you are saying, but when the first word came out earlier this year about this game, it was stated they wanted to stay authentic to the original and be true to the original.

I didn't expect much outside of that.

If they said we want to put some different things in or enhance the original, then I could expect something different.

They didn't mislead anyone in advertising for the game.(I'm not suggesting you are thinking this)

Maybe they want to see if they have a money maker here. If not, this could be a one and done deal.

# 59 Simp @ 04/09/14 03:47 PM
Quote:
iPhone 4 iOS 7.

I have it on the iPhone 4 and it's similar to what you describe. Frame rate problems and the controls are too small. I loaded it on a newer device and it's night and day better.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

# 60 krispykeith @ 04/09/14 04:21 PM
Hey Roadman i hear what you are saying and it is a good point. I don't feel misled at at all, it is more of a feeling of "what was the point"? It seems like if you are going to go to the trouble of doing a release you might as well do a few simple updates. Simple stats and a leaderboard would have been easy. I dunno, I probably had my expectations too high.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.