Home
R.B.I. Baseball 14 News Post

R.B.I. Baseball 14 is available now for 360, PS3 and iOS devices.

Check out the gameplay video we recorded this morning, right here (sorry no audio, looking into it). Fellow OS'er CaCHooKa Man has uploaded a video as well, which has audio.

If you have downloaded the game, let us know your thoughts!

Game: R.B.I. Baseball 14Hype Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: Android / iOS / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 10 - View All
R.B.I. Baseball 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 ab713 @ 04/09/14 11:22 PM
This game is great on iOS. Does anyone with the mobile version know how to play as the Home team in Exibition mode?

# 82 Deetrain1040 @ 04/10/14 12:52 AM
Is anyone else having this problem? I'm trying to play a 162 game season as the Dodgers. After the first or second game of the season the game sticks on the line score screen. I have to back out to my desktop. Once I go back into the game I find my season didn't save and I have to start over. Anyone experiencing this?

# 83 fiedler2k3 @ 04/10/14 07:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ab713
This game is great on iOS. Does anyone with the mobile version know how to play as the Home team in Exibition mode?
just click on "swap teams"

# 84 roadman @ 04/10/14 08:41 AM
I know I mentioned it would be my final comment, but I found this paragraph in an article last month.

I agree, stats would have been nice and added to the game play. I had a great low scoring game last night that ended in a 3-1 win.

It looks like future versions will have enhancements, they wanted to nail the core game play first.

The modes we have right now are in line with the expectation of R.B.I. It's very important for us to make sure that the gameplay experience stays true to the core of the entire era and the genre," said Leece, when asked about the basic setup. It's possible that future games in the series from MLB Advanced Media could offer an expanded feature set. But "for this version," Leece continued, "we specifically wanted to focus on making sure that we nailed that right. Adding window dressing, and enhanced features and modes, may have gotten in the way of us getting the core experience right."

http://www.polygon.com/2014/3/12/549...ple-fast-paced

# 85 ab713 @ 04/10/14 09:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiedler2k3
just click on "swap teams"
Thanks, I saw this reported elsewhere and it was the first thing I tried, but all it did was swap the team, not the actual control of that team. I was still set to control the Road team. I will try to uninstall and reinstall the game to see if that helps.

Update: Yep, reinstalling it fixed it.

# 86 Will I Am @ 04/10/14 09:54 AM
So any word on a PS3 demo?

# 87 boomhauertjs @ 04/10/14 12:53 PM
I'm going to pass on the Xbox version unless to drops to $10 or less. I might get the Android version for my tablet, whenever that gets released.

# 88 pietasterp @ 04/10/14 12:59 PM
The game may be fun (I don't know, haven't played it although I loved the original as I've reminisced about many times on this here forum), but this is really the only baseball game available on any Microsoft platform? Yikes. I mean, I wasn't expecting a legitimate rival to "The Show", but this is a 16-bit answer to a next-gen game.

Having said all that, I'd give it a shot for $5 or so (on Xbox), but not more than that. Seems like a pretty shallow experience.

# 89 Rifle_Man81 @ 04/10/14 01:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I know I mentioned it would be my final comment, but I found this paragraph in an article last month.

I agree, stats would have been nice and added to the game play. I had a great low scoring game last night that ended in a 3-1 win.

It looks like future versions will have enhancements, they wanted to nail the core game play first.

The modes we have right now are in line with the expectation of R.B.I. It's very important for us to make sure that the gameplay experience stays true to the core of the entire era and the genre," said Leece, when asked about the basic setup. It's possible that future games in the series from MLB Advanced Media could offer an expanded feature set. But "for this version," Leece continued, "we specifically wanted to focus on making sure that we nailed that right. Adding window dressing, and enhanced features and modes, may have gotten in the way of us getting the core experience right."

I bought the game for PS3. I'm about 22 or so games in. Have you played the game yet? I guess I have a hard time understanding your vehement defense of the lack of stats against others impressions that without stats it wears thin during the grind of a season.
Did the original game have online leaderboards?
The DH?
Different field dimentions?
Assisted fielding?
Unlockable jerseys?
The argument that they are trying to "stick with the original concept to maintain gameplay" goes right out the window when at least three changes have happend in the gameplay directly, and also going through the effort to create online leaderboards. To track accumulated vs CPU team stats.
I enjoy the game. And I like the added leaderboard and the many other modifications. But I have about 140 games left in my season. It would be nice to look at something other the standings which wont probably be relevant for 120 more games, or 40 hours of gameplay. You know what I do check? The online leaderboard. That will suffice until some people hack it out like every other game

Sorry for the rant.

# 90 roadman @ 04/10/14 01:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifle_Man81
I bought the game for PS3. I'm about 22 or so games in. Have you played the game yet? I guess I have a hard time understanding your vehement defense of the lack of stats against others impressions that without stats it wears thin during the grind of a season.
Did the original game have online leaderboards?
The DH?
Different field dimentions?
Assisted fielding?
Unlockable jerseys?
The argument that they are trying to "stick with the original concept to maintain gameplay" goes right out the window when at least three changes have happend in the gameplay directly, and also going through the effort to create online leaderboards. To track accumulated vs CPU team stats.
I enjoy the game. And I like the added leaderboard and the many other modifications. But I have about 140 games left in my season. It would be nice to look at something other the standings which wont probably be relevant for 120 more games, or 40 hours of gameplay. You know what I do check? The online leaderboard. That will suffice until some people hack it out like every other game

Sorry for the rant.
I have a hard time answering if I've played the game when you quoted a post of mine that stated I won a game 3 to 1?? I've played several games.

For me, not having stats isn't a deal breaker, but do understand that it is for others with the price point of the DLC and agree it would be nice to have added stats.

That isn't the direction the company took.

# 91 roadman @ 04/10/14 01:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravens52bears54
Right with you, minus The Show part. I probably won't get The Show because I just don't have the time to invest in a game like that. I had such high hopes for this game because I love the simplistic nature of the original games and I really enjoyed the Power Pros games. As soon as I found out that this game wouldn't have online and didn't track stats I tapped out. Being able to play against my cousin or buddies like we did back in the day would've been awesome. Now we're all gron up and live miles and miles apart. Couch games aren't an option.

What a missed opportunity.
Check back in the summer, there is a rumor multi player will be available in the summer.

# 92 Rifle_Man81 @ 04/10/14 05:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakan723
Does RBI still have full manual fielding ?

Big problem I have with the Show is the semi-automated fielding and cpu overriding your control inputs.
There is an assist option, but even the standard still does the diving for you. I still like it.

# 93 Rifle_Man81 @ 04/10/14 05:21 PM
Quote:
I have a hard time answering if I've played the game when you quoted a post of mine that stated I won a game 3 to 1?? I've played several games.

For me, not having stats isn't a deal breaker, but do understand that it is for others with the price point of the DLC and agree it would be nice to have added stats.

That isn't the direction the company took.
I read your post. I was being facetious. If you played it you should know its not the original game. "That isn't the direction the company took." No kidding, Caption obvious. Can people be critical of the game or is it your job to remind everyone its their own fault for expecting something logical? < That's rhetorical.

# 94 Keirik @ 04/10/14 05:28 PM
Quote:

Im calling shenanigans on those statements. Typical spin doctor type statements from a company. The idea that they were worried a out nailing gameplay before adding stats in a sport that is heavily stat based in ridiculous. If they wanted to nail the style of that era, they'd have started with similar styled graphics of that era in the first place. Sounds more like they are spinning this because its a rushed game and they wanted to test the waters first with a cheap production before sinking money into the game.

# 95 Fielding Cabreras @ 04/10/14 06:32 PM
A fun game definitely a nice throwback to easier game play days. Don't really care about stats but online play would take this over the top and make it more worth the $20 price point. Heard there's a possibility of multiplayer being added later would make this something I play constantly.

# 96 pistolpete @ 04/10/14 08:54 PM
I played the demo about 20 seconds today, and quite frankly I couldn't believe this was released in the year 2014.

Glad I still have 2k12....... Ohh God, what has happened to my baseball gaming life?

# 97 Joey @ 04/10/14 09:51 PM
Well at least you gave it a chance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pistolpete
I played the demo about 20 seconds today, and quite frankly I couldn't believe this was released in the year 2014.

Glad I still have 2k12....... Ohh God, what has happened to my baseball gaming life?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

# 98 RayRay34 @ 04/10/14 11:31 PM
Ok my impressions after 7 games.... Love the old school style of play. But what the hell!!! I have yet to win a game or hit a homer! I've even tried all the old tricks from RBI like standing back in the batters box and pushing up during the swing..... Nothin!

I mean I play as the Brew Crew so I should at least put a few out of the park by now.

I hope roster updates come out later in the season.

# 99 KBLover @ 04/11/14 12:01 AM
Quote:
mmm, good question KB. If you don't mind the no stats, not much presentation, but fun game play, you might like it. I didn't play Baseball Stars, but heard it was involved with stats and management. I do recall bases loaded, but don't recall a lot of it. I also played Roger Clemens Baseball on the NES. I still liked RBI better.

KB, my suggestion would be to try the demo and see if you can get a feel for it. If you like like it, go for it, if not, time to move on?
Yeah, I don't mind the no stats, per se. Baseball Stars was a little more "feature rich" (won't say complex though I guess it might be for a NES game) and some basic stats, but Bases Loaded had no stats tracking and I kept my record (was a kid then) in a spiral notebook and loved it (especially Bases Loaded 2 with the biorhythms)

Damn, no demo for the iPad version, not even free to download, but then $4.99 if I want the full game - ugh. I'll have to remember to grab it from my PS3.

# 100 KBLover @ 04/11/14 12:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by krispykeith
Please don't post that I can keep stats in a notebook. The world was much different in 1988 in so many ways.
Yep, you can use Excel or the Open Office or Mac equivalent nowadays j/k

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.