Home
R.B.I. Baseball 14 News Post

R.B.I. Baseball 14 is available now for 360, PS3 and iOS devices.

Check out the gameplay video we recorded this morning, right here (sorry no audio, looking into it). Fellow OS'er CaCHooKa Man has uploaded a video as well, which has audio.

If you have downloaded the game, let us know your thoughts!

Game: R.B.I. Baseball 14Hype Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: Android / iOS / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 10 - View All
R.B.I. Baseball 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 mkharsh33 @ 04/11/14 01:15 AM
I got it for my iPhone 5.

For the life of me I cannot get a hit.

I find the fielding to be very unresponsive - I just can't get a throw to any base with speed (ie. touching the proper base - typically I get no response). Not sure if my right hand is just too dumb to respond or what.

For $5 I feel like I have a nice mobile baseball game to play, though more pitchers and players would have been nice.

Personally, this game will only be used to kill time.

On a scale of 1 (terrible) to 10 (awesome) - I'd probably give it a 6.5. Fun, that's about it. Definitely would NOT waste my money on the xbox for this...

# 102 Tomahawk @ 04/11/14 07:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
Yep, you can use Excel or the Open Office or Mac equivalent nowadays j/k
Even easier stat tracking device....
https://www.gamechanger.io/home

# 103 bukktown @ 04/11/14 09:23 AM
I think my 5yr old nephew would love this and I would love to play it with him.

# 104 Rifle_Man81 @ 04/11/14 10:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayRay34
Ok my impressions after 7 games.... Love the old school style of play. But what the hell!!! I have yet to win a game or hit a homer! I've even tried all the old tricks from RBI like standing back in the batters box and pushing up during the swing..... Nothin!

I mean I play as the Brew Crew so I should at least put a few out of the park by now.

I hope roster updates come out later in the season.
I have played exclusively as Milwaukee. It takes a few games to figure out hitting. Lost my first 5 games, then went on a streak. I think Im about 17-5 now in season. Im not sure of it, but with Braun, Rami, sometimes Luc, I'll hold down right as I swing & it creates fly balls ala a power swing. No direction would give you a normal swing, and up tends to induce ground balls. Usually during the AB you will get a nice straight pitch over the plate, so don't hesitate to take a couple pitches.
All assuming you are playing on a console. By the end of the first day I was leading in Wins/HR/R, so it's possible. Keep @ it! Weeks has some power as a PH too.

A roster update at some point would be nice. Maybe after the season is underway a bit more the lineups can be adjusted too. Seeing as stats are only team based, a roster update would likely be automatically implemented into your season. Good Luck.

# 105 Teirminator @ 04/11/14 10:35 AM
Yeah RayRay, Rifle_man is right. DOWN is for fly balls. UP is for grounders. So if you're holding up, that's probably why no homers.

# 106 Brandwin @ 04/11/14 10:39 AM
Still on the fence with the mobile version...

# 107 havoc00 @ 04/11/14 06:03 PM
Authentic stadiums for each team? Or are they generic

# 108 Tomahawk @ 04/11/14 07:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayRay34
Ok my impressions after 7 games.... Love the old school style of play. But what the hell!!! I have yet to win a game or hit a homer! I've even tried all the old tricks from RBI like standing back in the batters box and pushing up during the swing..... Nothin!

I mean I play as the Brew Crew so I should at least put a few out of the park by now.

I hope roster updates come out later in the season.
If you are playing on a console and push the left stick back just as you swing you'll hit more fly balls and with more power. Averaging 4-6 homers per game doing this, but honestly it feels like playing slow pitch softball now.

# 109 Poke @ 04/11/14 11:12 PM
I wish they'd make another Baseball Stars. The original one on Genesis was THE BOMB!!!'

# 110 Joey @ 04/12/14 09:08 AM
Baseball Stars was indeed great and I played countless hours of it - but it was a Nintendo game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poke
I wish they'd make another Baseball Stars. The original one on Genesis was THE BOMB!!!'

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

# 111 Will I Am @ 04/12/14 03:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlamingWeazel
Why is a baseball fan not buying a sony console? Baseball is beautiful on playstation. You have a choice.
Blah blah blah.

# 112 bkrich83 @ 04/12/14 04:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will I Am
Blah blah blah.
He's not wrong.

# 113 bucs2nine @ 04/12/14 07:18 PM
Questions, sorry if already answered , can't find them...

1) Can you control all 30 teams in season mode or just one team...

2) Can you do spectate mode? cpu vs cpu in Season mode?

thanks

# 114 Will I Am @ 04/12/14 09:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
He's not wrong.
Maybe he was hoping for a bb game that he can play and have user input actually matter.

# 115 kehlis @ 04/12/14 09:45 PM
Quote:
Maybe he was hoping for a bb game that he can play and have user input actually matter.
I'm sure he was.

But the fact remains that you can buy one system and "hope" or the other system and know for sure....

# 116 bkrich83 @ 04/12/14 10:19 PM
Quote:
Obvious troll attempt aside, you missed the point.

# 117 pistolpete @ 04/13/14 09:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlamingWeazel
Why is a baseball fan not buying a sony console? Baseball is beautiful on playstation. You have a choice.
I don't have the money to spend on an additional console.

# 118 bucs2nine @ 04/13/14 05:22 PM
can anyone answer my question up about three or four comments?

# 119 mdgoalie37 @ 04/13/14 09:20 PM
Might be a dumb question, but how do you change speeds in your pitches (360). I'm using the left stick to move them left and right but it doesn't seem to change the speed.

# 120 mdgoalie37 @ 04/13/14 09:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdgoalie37
Might be a dumb question, but how do you change speeds in your pitches (360). I'm using the left stick to move them left and right but it doesn't seem to change the speed.
I actually figured it out.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.