Home
MLB 14 The Show News Post

After playing it for two days, Jon Robinson from SI Extra Mustard has posted his hands-on impressions of the PS4 version of MLB 14 The Show and claims it is the best next-gen sports game he has ever seen.

Quote:
In terms of the actual gameplay, I was only able to compete head-to-head and against the CPU (online isn’t ready yet), but I have to say, the PS4 version is not only looking better than its PS3 counterpart, it’s playing better as well. Over 200 new fielding animations were added exclusively to the PS4 field, and I saw everything from a ball ricocheting off Matt Cain’s leg only to be barehanded by (a now slimmer-looking) Pablo Sandoval as he gunned the runner out at first, to all new catcher animations showcasing the masked men jumping out from their crouch to pounce on bunts out in front of the plate. Other new animations include helmets flying off sliding runners and the Ichiro slap swing. Says Russell: “We even added lean animations for baserunners so they don’t look so robotic. Everything about the game just looks, feels, and plays more natural.”

Game: MLB 14 The ShowReader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 12 - View All
MLB 14 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 61 HustlinOwl @ 04/15/14 10:07 AM

# 62 SVCbearcat10 @ 04/15/14 10:08 AM
Also, if you read many of the original articles on the topic of crowds on the PS4, Russell always says the PS4 allows for 1,000. The point is to show off what the new system is capable of. Most people heard 1,000 then ran with it. He clarified it on here, which is probably the site the game is most talked about. Makes no sense to do a press release to correct this non-issue (in my opinion at least).

It's like people who complain that they got an answer wrong on a test because they misread the question. It's not the teacher's fault you read the question too quickly and assumed something that wasn't there.

# 63 bayman @ 04/15/14 10:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HustlinOwl
I dont care either way as I am more interested in actually playing the game than watching the crowd, however if youre going to review games or talk about them please at least review all modes not those that youre interested in (example...ONLINE) and if giving information on the game at least fact check prior
You have brought up the crowd number over and over again, it's the reason someone made fun of you in the thread you referenced.

Nice job making making a nonsensical segue to online which has nothing to do with the discussion at hand.

Be sure to send your ideas for video game journalism to all the sites, I'm sure they will fall all over themselves in an attempt to make them happen.

# 64 HustlinOwl @ 04/15/14 10:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bayman
You have brought up the crowd number over and over again, it's the reason someone made fun of you in the thread you referenced.

Nice job making making a nonsensical segue to online which has nothing to do with the discussion at hand.

Be sure to send your ideas for video game journalism to all the sites, I'm sure they will fall all over themselves in an attempt to make them happen.
nonsensical online? see my original post in thread thanks

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.