Home
Trials Fusion News Post

Ubisoft released another Trials Fusion gameplay trailer today.

Read the full press release below and visit the official website here for more information.

Think you've got what it takes to rule the competition? Go head-to-head-to-head-to-head in intense, local supercross multiplayer, but be sure to make all the right jumps and stick all your landings. Go against the best of the world's best, but be aware that every split-second counts. Whether racing locally against your friends or challenging the top times and scores in the leaderboards, Trials Fusion gives you different ways to take on anyone who dares to attempt stealing your platform-racing crown.

The much-anticipated Trials game for the next-generation will be here on April 16th, 2014 for the PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Xbox 360 and on April 24th, 2014 for the PC. Pre-purchase the standard or deluxe edition of the PC version now and get access into the playable Beta program today. Take on an unlimited array of platform-racing challenges in the unreal world of Trials Fusion!

Trials Frontier Now Available

Ubisoft announced that Trials Frontier, the free-to-play mobile title from RedLynx and its best-selling and award-winning Trials series, is now available only on the App Store. The series’ first appearance on mobile devices, Trials Frontier transports players to the distant future where they find themselves the newcomer in a run-down town desperate for a hero.

Players will practice their skills, learning how to race, flip and cruise through tracks as they earn new gear for their bikes and complete missions for the townsfolk in order to prepare for a face-off with the town villain, Butch. As players progress through the game they will unlock new maps, tracks, bikes and fine-tune their racing skills.

Trials Frontier will receive regular post-launch updates that include new bikes, missions and the introduction of infinite multiplayer brawls to keep players competing and racing on the newest bikes. Stay connected with friends through time challenges, leaderboard sharing capabilities and social network integration to prove who has the fastest time.

Players can connect with Trials Fusion, coming out April 16 on console and April 24 on Windows PC, to gain access to bonus rider gear and see what some of the tracks looked like in their prime.

Game: Trials FusionReader Score: Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 0 - View All
Trials Fusion Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Pappy Knuckles @ 04/14/14 04:18 PM
Surprised that there's no discussion about this game. I thought that the Trials series was popular around here. I was browsing through the PSN store the other day and noticed it was $40 to pre-order this though. That seems kind of steep for Trials. Not sure if I'm willing to spend that much, but I'm not sure if that includes bonuses or not.

# 2 jyoung @ 04/14/14 04:48 PM
The $40 version includes the season pass and all of its DLC.

The core game is a $20 download.

# 3 Pappy Knuckles @ 04/14/14 05:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
The $40 version includes the season pass and all of its DLC.

The core game is a $20 download.
Thanks. Just read that this game is getting six DLC packs. Hopefully that doesn't mean that the core game is getting shortchanged. Not sure which version I'll pick up tomorrow, but I definitely want to check it out.

# 4 JMD @ 04/15/14 06:28 AM
Does anyone know if the view us still from the side? Or can you have a view from behind the bike? Thanks.

# 5 jyoung @ 04/15/14 02:58 PM
I don't see any option to change the gameplay perspective in career mode. It's still sidescrolling.

I am jyoung--OS on PS4 if anyone wants to add another name to their leaderboards.

Pressing the share button during gameplay seems to automatically freeze the game right now, so don't do that unless you want to crash back to the PS4 dashboard.

Is anyone else having trouble connecting to UPlay on PS4? I am able to log-in without issue on PC. But on PS4, all I'm getting is an error message.

And now the main Ubisoft servers seem to be down. Leaderboards and all other online features are unavailable.

# 6 Pappy Knuckles @ 04/15/14 03:40 PM
Quote:
I don't see any option to change the gameplay perspective in career mode. It's still sidescrolling.

I am jyoung--OS on PS4 if anyone wants to add another name to their leaderboards.

Pressing the share button during gameplay seems to automatically freeze the game right now, so don't do that unless you want to crash back to the PS4 dashboard.

Is anyone else having trouble connecting to UPlay on PS4? I am able to log-in without issue on PC. But on PS4, all I'm getting is an error message.

And now the main Ubisoft servers seem to be down. Leaderboards and all other online features are unavailable.
Leaderboards and all the UPlay stuff worked fine last night, so they'll probably get that up and running soon. Didn't try the share button, but I'll give it a shot later.

# 7 Pappy Knuckles @ 04/15/14 04:52 PM
Yeah, something is definitely up with Ubi's servers right now. Now it's taking forever to save after I finish a race. And leaderboards show up after a long delay. I guess I'll try it again later. All I have to look forward to is Jyoung and ExtremeGamer smashing all my track times anyway lol.

# 8 jyoung @ 04/15/14 05:41 PM
The Ubisoft servers are back online, but I've still had no luck logging into UPlay. At least I can access the leaderboards now.

The interface is super slow at the moment. It takes 30 seconds for the game to save after finishing each race. Then the leaderboards don't pop up on screen until 10 more seconds of waiting.

# 9 Pappy Knuckles @ 04/15/14 06:32 PM
Kind of weak that I don't see any online multiplayer included in this. Me and my friends used to have a good time in those 4 player races.

# 10 jyoung @ 04/15/14 06:35 PM
4-player supercross should be in the game for sure. It was shown in a bunch of preview videos.

I don't know if you can access it without logging into UPlay, though.

# 11 Pappy Knuckles @ 04/15/14 06:42 PM
Quote:
4-player supercross should be in the game for sure. It was shown in a bunch of preview videos.

I don't know if you can access it without logging into UPlay, though.
I see the option to play locally, but that does me no good. Hopefully you are right.

# 12 jyoung @ 04/15/14 11:26 PM
It looks like the save speeds and leaderboard refresh speeds are now fixed.

The Ubisoft servers are also up for now.

Still no luck with Uplay.

Quote:
I see the option to play locally, but that does me no good. Hopefully you are right.
The back of the PS4 box says "2-4 network players" and "online play (optional)."

So my guess is that the online play menu must lie in the "uplay" section that's currently inaccessible. Otherwise, they just straight up lied on the box.

# 13 Garrett67 @ 04/15/14 11:46 PM
I found this out right after I downloaded the game ($40 Version).

I'm not exactly happy about this. The entire reason I got the game was to play with people. And I'm not talking the 4 player races, I'm referring to the trials races you could do with someone, they would basically be a ghost but on the same track. I don't see a way to do that.

http://venturebeat.com/2014/04/15/tr...-after-launch/

Trials Fusion won’t get online multiplayer until ‘months after launch’

Quote:
ou can buy Ubisoft’s latest Trials game right now. A physical version is in stores for Xbox One and PlayStation 4 today, but you can’t play its online multiplayer mode. Not because of any server issues, but because it isn’t available yet.

Trials Fusion includes a ton of content and online functionality. The $40 disc (and $20 digital download that comes out tomorrow) has dozens of stages with leaderboards that enable you to compete against your friends, but it is missing the head-to-head online four-player mode from Trials Evolution. Developer RedLynx found that fans didn’t really dig that, so it took it out … but it hasn’t finished the new mode that it came up with to replace it.

“Trials Fusion will support a type of online multiplayer experience as, based on the metrics from Trials Evolution, RedLynx saw that online multiplayer wasn’t [a popular] feature among players,” an Ubisoft spokesperson told GamesBeat. “So instead of bringing back the same feature, the team decided to take the time to create a new, more robust online multiplayer experience that will be released as a free game update in the months after launch.”

When you start Trials Fusion, you’ll have the option to select a bunch of single player levels as well as local multiplayer. The game also has a “Tournaments” mode that is currently unavailable, which is the online mode that is still in production.

We asked for details about this feature — including how it will work and when players can expect it — but Ubisoft isn’t talking.

“We don’t have any additional information to share about online multiplayer at this time.”

Earlier this month, Ubisoft released a trailer showing off the “competition” aspect of Trials. It showed off the local multiplayer and leaderboard chasing, but it failed to mention the tournaments or online head-to-head play.

# 14 jyoung @ 04/16/14 12:09 AM
Well, at least the Xbox 360 version isn't guilty of false advertising.

The back of the PS4 Trials box clearly promises online play, though.

Also, from the Ubisoft website, "Trials Fusion retains and enhances the vital features from the best-selling and critically acclaimed games Trials Evolution and Trials HD." I guess online multiplayer isn't considered a "vital feature"?

# 15 Garrett67 @ 04/16/14 12:33 AM
Agreed. Like I said, its the only reason I bought it. Sure, I can wait until they get the multiplayer going, and I most likely will (since I can't return a downloaded game) but I paid $40 and the game will probably be cheaper by then.

I suppose I just play single player until then. The game is still fun but is much better with someone to play with and talk to, laugh with.

# 16 jyoung @ 04/16/14 01:48 PM
It also looks like Supercross tracks cannot be built in the new version of the track editor.

All I see on Track Central is Trials, Skill Games and Freestyle courses.

So essentially, Freestyle has replaced Supercross.

Decisions like this are just baffling. Supercross was the best mode in Trials Evolution after the main single player career.

Instead of building on or even just retaining a great feature, they've basically torn it down and thrown it away.

# 17 jyoung @ 04/16/14 02:08 PM
Also, I found a workaround to finally getting logged into Uplay.

You have to go to the PS4 dashboard, look at the related tabs on the Trials Fusion tile, and click on the "Bike Hue" blade. It will prompt you to log in to Uplay.

After doing so there, Uplay will now work inside Trials Fusion.

# 18 jyoung @ 04/17/14 05:46 PM
Looks like there are several minigames hidden inside a few levels:

Spoiler

# 19 boxboy99 @ 04/17/14 09:34 PM
I just picked this up, first time playing Trials. Fun game so far. I will have to add some friends to compare times. Boxboy_99 on ps4.

# 20 oldman @ 04/17/14 10:40 PM
How do you do the superman pose and other poses? I am new to trials and can't figure this out.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.