Home
NBA Live 15 News Post

As most of you are aware, the NBA Live team has been getting together with many of the NBA teams during the season and capturing their faces for NBA Live 15.

Marc D'Amico unveils the process the Celtics went through to become real-life characters for NBA Live 15. Check out the video clip that actually has a few facial scans that you will see in the game. We've captured some of them here, but make sure you watch the video to see the technology behind it.

A big thanks to @CelticBoyHooks!!

Game: NBA Live 15Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 13 - View All
NBA Live 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 ProfessaPackMan @ 04/12/14 10:15 AM
Not even sure how I'm supposed to react to some facial scans, lol.

# 22 XXstormmXX @ 04/12/14 10:15 AM
If Live looks like this then it will be the first game I get when I get next gen. 2k basketball is garbage.

# 23 oasis90 @ 04/12/14 10:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bo.jangles344
Anyone who thinks ea will be even close to2k next year is blinded by their fan boy hope. You think 2k doesn't know their game has flaws? You honestly believe they simply don't care what consumers think? If you can't enjoy 2k14 next gen then you don't know basketball. It is the greatest basketball simulation we've ever seen in our life time. Compare it to this year's version of live and its not even close. People talk about how 2k dropped the ball this year when ea had 4 years to make a decent game and they came out with a pile of dookie that smells so bad you could smell it a mile away. What happened to player updates every hour? What hastened with the bounce tek? What about the terrible player models and the complete absence of ball movement? You can literally hold turbo and run straight Thu the basket and score every time.

2k14 has some serious issues. Mainly their online servers and a lot of copy and paste gameplay from ps3.

Anyone who purchased live this year will tell you they got hustled out of hard earned cash and you think that's going to change in one year after they bowed out the last 4?
Seriously delusional people itt.
Basket simulation without coach settings?? Lol

Inviato dal mio GT-I9505 utilizzando Tapatalk

# 24 ricky24 @ 04/12/14 11:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlp111
all nextgen games are trash, especially everyone EA released at the moment

Not really.

# 25 txhardhitta405 @ 04/12/14 11:43 AM
here's how you'll be able to tell if this is fake, look at madden 15.. it's EAs biggest cash cow, if they don't use this technology on Madden then i'm sure NBA Live will be JUST like this year..

# 26 Magnus1959 @ 04/12/14 11:46 AM
They planning on putting out 1/2 the game again by saying look at the great graphics?

# 27 JBulls @ 04/12/14 12:26 PM
This is not a real in game screen, but basically a composited 3D photo.

# 28 reptilexcq @ 04/12/14 01:25 PM
It doesn't matter how it look..it's all about the gameplay. I hope EA copy some of the 2K's flaw...such as make it play like 2k7.

# 29 AntiBandwagoner @ 04/12/14 01:48 PM
For the sake of competition, I hope this game becomes the best basketball game to date. 2k needs the extra push, and badly.

# 30 youvalss @ 04/12/14 01:55 PM
Always good to have some good technology to bring players' look into the game. I can't see a reason why the graphics/accuracy won't get better this year. It will probably get better every cycle the next few years.

Spoiler

# 31 kidcoledaprynce @ 04/12/14 02:42 PM
Love both live and 2k,hope they both do well:Live needs way more animations and defense needs a complete overhaul;the graphics are moving in a good direction,and for the guy saying these screenshots aren't real you should know that they're now using the same kind of technology as 2k and why would madden need to use that if the players have on helmets during gameplay?

# 32 The 24th Letter @ 04/12/14 03:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_sr
I seen the 2k guys on twitter reaching out to more celebs, better get on that live bandwagon if you want authentic basketball.

If you mean 'live' real life NBA games? I definitely agree..

As far as NBA Live the game...they have a long way to go...they can't add a practice mode and expect it to cover up their game flaws next year...

Screens look good though, but I am not buying in until I see it in motion....they sold us all the Kyrie shots over the summer last year and their product looked nothing like that...

# 33 andy112382 @ 04/12/14 03:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sO100
People that are saying 2K had garbage gameplay have not played the game, suck at the game, or they are Live stans! Period.
This.

I admit, I don't play online really. I enjoy my offline MyGM mode and MyPlayer mode, that way I can play at my own leisure in the evenings after my son is asleep and I need to unwind from work. But I have been playing through my season on MyGM mode for a while now, playing on All-Star difficulty and have had some great games. Very enjoyable, IMO.

I did not try Live this year, but I haven't heard a thing to make me even think about trying it. 2k has been consistently solid-to-great over the years and find it rather funny that people would be trying to act like it's a bottom-of-the-barrel sports game.

# 34 Guapo516 @ 04/12/14 05:48 PM
I want to be optimistic but even this years live didn't live up to the graphics they were showcasing at one time ask hiphopgamer lol

# 35 PVarck31 @ 04/12/14 07:07 PM
Lets keep this about the facial scans as much as possible.

This isn't really the thread to bash Live 14. There are like 10 of those. So basically if you are just gonna come in here and talk about how bad 14 was, don't bother posting.

Thank you.

# 36 nick_sr @ 04/12/14 07:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hakeemdaprince
No you're the one apparently blinded, I bought 2k14 at launch and Live 14 before legally released. I feel I got hustled by 2k and had common sense to know EA was obligated (NBA) to release a "polished" version of Live 13. They didn't want to wait til this year to figure out the new hardware. The game was made for HARDCORE fans, Live 15 was going to be there true next gen iteration. You 2k fanboys keep telling yourself 2k best days ain't over. That's why one poster said they searching for more celebrities for more gimmicks i.e. (Jordan, Lebron, Jay Z, Legends) they'll probably put Drake on the cover next year smh
this! great post my friend!

# 37 blackceasar @ 04/12/14 08:15 PM
You know what? Some people are talking about the graphics they are teasing with the face scan and then talking about "yeah thats awesome! lets hope the gameplay can match up!". I have a different take on the entire thing. EA is the king of using pre-rendered scenes to sell their games. Remember Madden 2006 when people first say the official commerical for it for 360 and PS3? Remember that folks? I remember how everyone was going buck wild, getting all hyped on the game thinking the PRE RENDERED "SEQUENCE" which was the commerical itself was going to be the actual game you would be playing.

Right now, given EA's track record and ability to easily get the "sheep" hyped up, for right now I'm not buying it. Do I think the Kyrie Irving render is real? Sure I do.. but I think it's going to be renders for the next TV commerical and NOT for the actual game itself.

# 38 ManiacMatt1782 @ 04/12/14 08:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlp111
all nextgen games are trash, especially everyone EA released at the moment
Fifa is actually very good.

# 39 Jakeness23 @ 04/12/14 08:48 PM
Since we obviously know nothing about gameplay (I think and hope that will be much improved) but speaking strictly about the screenshots, i just have to say WOW, that looks amazing, I can only imagine what the final product will look like.

# 40 jada855 @ 04/12/14 09:01 PM
EA is under pressure! they are scrambling 2k14 PS4 graphically destroyed any sports game they put out!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.