Home
NBA Live 15 News Post

As most of you are aware, the NBA Live team has been getting together with many of the NBA teams during the season and capturing their faces for NBA Live 15.

Marc D'Amico unveils the process the Celtics went through to become real-life characters for NBA Live 15. Check out the video clip that actually has a few facial scans that you will see in the game. We've captured some of them here, but make sure you watch the video to see the technology behind it.

A big thanks to @CelticBoyHooks!!

Game: NBA Live 15Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 13 - View All
NBA Live 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 The 24th Letter @ 06/04/14 07:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_sr
Been saying that this!

Probably shouldn't cosign a bot

# 122 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 06/04/14 11:20 AM
Any chance of NBA Live having uFC like graphics ? Aren't they using the same tech ?

# 123 Ermolli @ 06/04/14 11:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mars5541
Any chance of NBA Live having uFC like graphics ? Aren't they using the same tech ?
Supposedly every EA is using the Ignite Engine and sharing advancement, by that I guess they could but I believe it's up to Live's art team.

# 124 shutdown10 @ 06/04/14 03:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ermolli
Supposedly every EA is using the Ignite Engine and sharing advancement, by that I guess they could but I believe it's up to Live's art team.
That Live art team needs to step their game up because Elite 11 and Live 13's visuals were nothing to be proud of either, but would have been more tolerable because of last gen tech.

# 125 Ermolli @ 06/04/14 05:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shutdown10
That Live art team needs to step their game up because Elite 11 and Live 13's visuals were nothing to be proud of either, but would have been more tolerable because of last gen tech.
No doubt about it. Live 14 had some nice stuff graphically speaking like the shoes, ball and court but overall they need a huge improvement specially faces, lighting and player models; crowd models, accessories, skin textures, hair and jerseys should be better too. Many of those things could be improved but barely noticeable because it doesn't look good during gameplay, that's one of the reasons people say Live 14 doesn't have good graphics, because its graphics are translated poorly to the gameplay cameras (ESPN and broadcast).

# 126 shutdown10 @ 06/05/14 08:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by slick589
They should focuse on improving player models, Live looks like its a cartoon

I couldn't agree with you more. With UFC, Madden, and NHL upgrading their visual look, Live has no choice but to upgrade their graphics. If the visuals don't receive an upgrade in Live 15, then they will receive another damaging blow from the reviewers and consumers.

# 127 m1ke_nyc @ 06/05/14 11:50 AM
With the sharing of tech in the ignite engine I expect a huge graphical improvement. If it doesnt happen then im gonna take it as another lie EA fed us. No reason all the other games are getting graphical boost and Live cant.

# 128 zten11 @ 06/20/14 02:27 PM
Is this coming out for 360 or not????

# 129 Behindshadows @ 06/20/14 03:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zten11
Is this coming out for 360 or not????
No!! They are done with 360 as they were with 14.

# 130 GisherJohn24 @ 07/25/14 10:23 AM
I think we will have a better game. The question will be, will it be great enough to make us want to spend 60 bucks to get it? A friend of mine, of a friend knows a guy that works for EA, and he said the team sincerely is excited to release the demo and proud of it too. They certainly didn't say that last year. If we see a demo early, that certainly is a good sign from that standpoint.

# 131 BigTymer718 @ 07/26/14 07:04 PM
ea sports technology for live 15 seems better than 2k technology, majority of the live 15 faces vs 2k14 faces (that both were scanned), live scanning have better detail of the faces and even identical teeth

# 132 Shakedowncapo @ 07/28/14 02:34 PM
What good are the faces if the player models themselves are still terrible. Lets wait and see those before we crown "better technology."

# 133 mlp111 @ 07/29/14 12:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTymer718
ea sports technology for live 15 seems better than 2k technology, majority of the live 15 faces vs 2k14 faces (that both were scanned), live scanning have better detail of the faces and even identical teeth
why are you comparing live 15 to 2k14???? There was a article released a couple of weeks ago detailing 2k doing rookie facial scanning with same or similar tech live is using

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.