Home
MLB 14 The Show News Post

IGN is hosting a livestream of MLB 14 The Show (PS4 version) now.

Hunter Pence of the San Francisco Giants and Yasiel Puig of the Los Angeles Dodgers will battle it out, while Sony San Diego designer, Ramone Russell talks about the game and answers questions.

UPDATE: For those that missed out, here is the replay.

Here is a direct link to the Yasiel Puig vs. Hunter Pence gameplay.

Game: MLB 14 The ShowReader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 12 - View All
MLB 14 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 141 bwiggy33 @ 04/14/14 05:25 PM
This may be a stupid comment but with everyone saying the stream was crappy, did you adjust the video settings? I had it running at 1080p and it looked great.

Edit: Just noticed Psycho said the same exact thing a couple pages back. Either way the video looked as good as we will get until we actually put it on our TV's.

# 142 bwiggy33 @ 04/14/14 05:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnixen
This must not be the final build because the Batter, balls, strikes and outs are missing from the wrigley field scoreboard. Also I hope they are white and not yellow finally
HOLY F! That picture is absolutely unbelievable. The scoreboard looks like real life, and I do believe those flags look like the actual teams flags. I think many people have been waiting for that for years. It'd be sweet if we could get the same thing in other stadiums instead of all of the American flags (Trust me I love America). I think at some point we will possibly see that though. IE. the pictures of Target Field at the top of the stadium in LF they have all American Flags, and not the the years of the World Series titles, AL championship, and Division titles. Just a small detail that would be cool to have. Heck maybe I'm wrong and they will be in this year since it's not the final build.

# 143 fiedler2k3 @ 04/14/14 05:37 PM
I'm sorry, I cant see any big difference compared to the PS3 version, with all the advertising in reference to the hair, I cannot believe that the hair still looks so bad, exactly the same presentation, animations, physics, commentary, player models, gameplay, everything looks exactly the same as PS3, beside the scoreboards, and the little improvement on the crowd, this game does not justify a PS4 upgrade at all, is not only The Show, every other game beside NBA 2K14 is suffering the same problem because every developer has choose the easy path of porting the game instead of build from scratch, The Show is a great game, but has been great for years and years, we pay $59.99 every year for this game, we deserve real improvement as customers, in no way we can justify just a little upgrade in a new console for an exclusive Sony game, now peace, hit me anyway, I know that I will be, but I wish that I could see the difference and been exited about it, that way I will be more happy with my PS4 purchased. I was hoping that The Show will come for the rescue, wrong again....

# 144 sportdan30 @ 04/14/14 05:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiedler2k3
I'm sorry, I cant see any big difference compared to the PS3 version, with all the advertising in reference to the hair, I cannot believe that the hair still looks so bad, exactly the same presentation, animations, physics, commentary, player models, gameplay, everything looks exactly the same as PS3, beside the scoreboards, and the little improvement on the crowd, this game does not justify a PS4 upgrade at all, is not only The Show, every other game beside NBA 2K14 is suffering the same problem because every developer has choose the easy path of porting the game instead of build from scratch, The Show is a great game, but has been great for years and years, we pay $59.99 every year for this game, we deserve real improvement as customers, in no way we can justify just a little upgrade in a new console for an exclusive Sony game, now peace, hit me anyway, I know that I will be, but I wish that I could see the difference and been exited about it, that way I will be more happy with my PS4 purchased. I was hoping that The Show will come for the rescue, wrong again....
You do realize what you watched was compressed and not full HD video? Why don't you wait until you actually have the game before you make these broad statements?

# 145 BSUFAN @ 04/14/14 05:41 PM
" Porting " the new word for Websters in 2014

# 146 smiley3 @ 04/14/14 05:46 PM
Hopefully they take into consideration that some mlb players don't like their faces and they get fixed

# 147 PsychoBulk @ 04/14/14 05:48 PM
Quote:
Ah you again.

Different day, same trolling.

I thought you had been banned but pray tell, obviously not.

Just research this guys previous posts if you are wondering about his real agenda

# 148 thaSLAB @ 04/14/14 05:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportdan30
You do realize what you watched was compressed and not full HD video? Why don't you wait until you actually have the game before you make these broad statements?
You do realize who you're talking to, right? Lol.

And that's not a shot at you sportdan30.

htcONE [M8] | Tapatalk Pro

# 149 supervelous @ 04/14/14 05:58 PM
Sorry if this has already been said, I expect it has, I am at work and cannot surf through all the posts. But this IGN guy is absolutely HORRIBLE. Just painful to watch, awkward, picked terrible questions for the most part, almost ruined the whole thing single handed.

# 150 CaliDude916 @ 04/14/14 06:01 PM
I really shouldn't have watched that stream. Gonna be the longest 3 weeks ever.

# 151 thaSLAB @ 04/14/14 06:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HopiDesertPriest
where can I find the video ?
It's archived here: http://youtu.be/5ze5PqY-Ap8

htcONE [M8] | Tapatalk Pro

# 152 BSUFAN @ 04/14/14 06:06 PM
I am watching the replay again right now, good stuff, May can't be here any sooner for me, lucky I can practice with the PS3.

# 153 Blitzburgh @ 04/14/14 06:06 PM
ya this game is looking very nice... For MLB 15 I think they now need to make all of the city buildings highly detailed to match the score boards and stadiums. They actually look pretty bad compared to the detail put into those.

This stream also confirmed my thoughts on the stadium lights... They are just white and don't have any lens flare to them at all... As great as it looks on field they still have a ways to go with lighting. Its only year one and I think we all will be amazed with what these systems will be able to do in the coming years...They cant give us everything in year one. lol

I think I will enjoy this game though for a while.

# 154 BSUFAN @ 04/14/14 06:09 PM
The night time game at Busch Stadium really showed off the new lighting that they have now, like wow, very impressed.

# 155 ggazoo @ 04/14/14 06:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlamingWeazel
You have no clue what you are talking about, are in denial, or have massive eye sight issues. Play bf4 on ps3 then ps4, or Ff14, there is a major upgrade. Sounds like you cannot afford a ps4 and are trying to convince yourself.

MLb is not a tiny upgrade, the difference is big, and if you can see a big gap in screens, in motion on your TV the gap will be even bigger.

Infamous also makes anything on ps3 look massively dated.
I don't want to be "that guy" - but I can afford a PS4, and compressed video or not, I wasn't blown away. If anything, that video just showed how exceptional the PS3 version still is. Don't get me wrong, it looks nice, but maybe it's the ones who already dropped around $500 on the PS4 who are in denial, because it's not the huge difference that they're paying for. I dunno.

# 156 BSUFAN @ 04/14/14 06:17 PM
It's going to be a full moon tonight and trolls are out in numbers today/tonight !!

# 157 RunN1st @ 04/14/14 06:24 PM
Quote:
I'm sorry, I cant see any big difference compared to the PS3 version, with all the advertising in reference to the hair, I cannot believe that the hair still looks so bad
Agree.. the hair looks pretty bad.

(Enter sarcasm) Nothing a little SoulGlow can't fix next year.

# 158 Bruinboy @ 04/14/14 06:25 PM
Just finished watching it. All I can say is I enjoyed it. Felt bad for Hunter at times. Laughed at Puig at times. Both into the game and to get two guys like that to play the game on their off day before their upcoming series ... priceless.

Loved the gameplay video and I'm not sure what some were watching, but I thought the gameplay was terrific. Graphics top notch. Only thing I didn't like was Samardzija's hair. It may take them awhile to have long hair look more natural. Other than that a winner. I took it for what it was ... an opportunity to see gameplay and to see a couple of ballplayers in different element. I'm obviously not a Giant fan, but I ended up appreciating Hunter at the end.

All around thanks to IGN, Ramone, Pence and Puig.

# 159 OUSOONERS#1 @ 04/14/14 06:30 PM
I was not overly impressed either sure the stadiums and outside the stadium look better and there is shaper detail to everything and yes have the Ps 3 version and a ps 4 will be buying ..Jus wished the gameplay and the feel of the game had been upgraded to new generation ..

# 160 bluclws22 @ 04/14/14 06:30 PM
I watched it on my iPad and the game looked ridiculous. Perfectly clear and my god I can't wait for mlb on ps4. It will look 10 times better on someone's tv though, but from a live stream... very impressed

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.